OT: Name the top 15 moments of the 2015-2016 season

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
Hi, I make youtube hockey videos and I'm planning on making two new Maple Leafs vids.

1. Recapping the 2015-2016 season
and
2. Hyping the 2016-2017 season

There are plenty of these out there, but I find the good ones really tell a story. Digging up the footage can be a lot of work. So, if you don't mind, I could really use your :help:.

If you could please name your top 15 memorable moments from the 2015-2016 season, I can dig up the footage of those moments and throw it together, hopefully in a cool way, and then post it.

The moments could be good or bad. Injuries, trades, big wins, big losses, fights... whatever. If it was pivotal or meaningful to you, I wanna hear about it.

Sort of like this article: http://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2...review-memorable-moments-2014-2015-mapleleafs

ready? OK. GO!!! and thank you in advance.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
1: all the rookies coming up
2: Nylander's first Goal.
3: Sosh's first goal (like the WOOO!!!).
4: Hyman's first goal.
5: (did Kappy score a goal? that one).
6: Carrick's first goal.
7: Dion's tearful return. (it kind of hit me how much he did appreciate being here and i'm a sap)
8: Sparks first win/Shutout/Emotional Thank You

i can't think of more.
but i am not being facetious here. you need to include the lottery win, and matthews being drafted lol

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
1. Securing last leading to Mathews. With all the little good things that happened, in the end the season was about rebuilding and it was done right.
2. Not sure which game it was but watching the team in the first dozen games and realizing how much better the team played together. Structure, and effort. That got me rather excited on what is to come once we get some skill in the line up.
3. Young players called up and looking good.
4. Marincin doesn't suck? Blown away how good he looked about 30games or so into the season. Something clicked and he just settled down. Was not expecting that at all.
5: TRADES. Dion, Polak, Winnik, Reimer

and I will just steal these from Daisy

7: Dion's tearful return.

taurine330

Nov 28, 2015
Stockholm
1: all the rookies coming up
2: Nylander's first Goal.
3: Sosh's first goal (like the WOOO!!!).
4: Hyman's first goal.
5: (did Kappy score a goal? that one).
7: Dion's tearful return. (it kind of hit me how much he did appreciate being here and i'm a sap)

i can't think of more.
but i am not being facetious here. you need to include the lottery win, and matthews being drafted lol

Kappy did not score.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I'll add:

- the CBC montage with Kadri getting sticked and pushed around by Backes before choosing to drop the mitts and stand up for himself (sadly no one else did)

- Kadri's hat trick

- any one of Leo Komarov's shifts and all star game appearance

- Tyler Bozak's hat trick and player of the week honours

- probably should show Babcock behind the bench

- the announcement that Stamkos was staying in Tampa

- Polak getting a puck in the face, getting stitched up and returning to the game

- Reimer's great run with an over .960 save percentage over a stretch of games in the fall

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
A lot have been covered here.

1. Brown's first goal
2. His 3p night, that showed he is an NHL player.
3. Kappy's dangle against TB
4. Kadri's hit on Marchand
5. Whenever Willie scored.
6. Beating Vancouver there (HM to Leipsic-parents reaction)
7. Overall structure and support of play.
8. Winning the lottery

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If we're talking on ice moments

1. Losing the final game to secure last
2-15. Everything the young guys did.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I can only think of 5 of the top of my head, I'm sure I'm missing something

5. Dropping game 1 of the season against Montreal. New it was the start of what would be a long season, but I was ready to embrace the tank.
4. Phaneuf trade.
3. Nylander's first goal.
2. First game with Nylander/Kapanen/Hyman/Sosh up. Watched with all the Leafs fans in residence with me - they all looked great (I think we were playing Tampa), and more importantly, we got the loss, so it was a great night.
1. Losing the last game of the season against New Jersey. I had an exam that night, and just as I was about to start writing I saw that Parenteau had scored early to give us the lead. This left me seriously flustered and I probably would've done better on my exam if I wasn't so distracted the whole time :laugh: the moment I got out I checked my phone, and found out we had lost 5-1. I literally jumped up in the air and did a massive fist pump in the middle of the hallway. I knew we had done everything in our control, but I had no idea just how meaningful that loss would be until a couple weeks later.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
1. Matthews lottery :scared::scared:
2. Willie setting fire to the Flames :amazed: (what a beauty)
3. Nylander's first goal
4. Soshnikov's first goal
5. Sparks first game (he sucked afterwards, but come on that was awesome)
6. Kadri levels Marchand
7. Kadri levels Perry
8. Lou with the "unfortunate set of circumstances" line :laugh:
9. Oilerified Marincin vs Babcock Marincin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad