Name players that requested out of Buffalo?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't recall Hasek requesting a trade. I thought they moved him so he would have a shot at a cup

Not only did he request a trade, he told them what teams he would go to, wanted to know the package that was being sent back to make sure it didn’t hurt that team too much, and then left Detroit to make sure that the conditional first round draft pick Did not go to Buffalo. He f***ed them hard. And they had f***ed him hard by not trading Peca and getting them the tools to make another cup run.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Matt Barnaby threw a hissycow over Dom and Ted Nolan being removed, which was sort of like being asking to be traded.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Satan wanted out at the end (remember the phone call goal celebration?)

Grosek and Ruff didn't get along before he was traded.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I feel like we have been sort of trigger happy about sending name guys away if we think they're going to ask for a trade anyways. It's some kind of ugly-duckling syndrome that Hasek probably triggered more than anyone. He was an SOB at the end to the team/organization.

Now if we struggle I find myself preemptively thinking of guys to just get assets for because I know they'll be unhappy. Not the healthiest mindset.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Not only did he request a trade, he told them what teams he would go to, wanted to know the package that was being sent back to make sure it didn’t hurt that team too much, and then left Detroit to make sure that the conditional first round draft pick Did not go to Buffalo. He f***ed them hard. And they had f***ed him hard by not trading Peca and getting them the tools to make another cup run.
I remember the latter but I didn't remember a trade request, perks of being in elementary school. All these years I thought they did him a solid by moving him out and making sure he was set.up for success

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
I remember the latter but I didn't remember a trade request, perks of being in elementary school. All these years I thought they did him a solid by moving him out and making sure he was set.up for success
Best goalie in the universe and an asshole too.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012

Yeah, I hold no grudge against Hasek for that. This franchise would’ve happily pissed away the career of the greatest goalie ever to play the game on bad to mediocre teams. Dom deserved to get his.

Reactions: Chainshot

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
It might be easier to make a list of players who were actually happy playing for the Sabres..just saying

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad