----N/A----

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I guess I just want to know why Cody couldn't have been a champion? The guy personified what the WWE is all about. Even if it was just a few months in the summer or late fall, why not? The Miz was champ. I don't see why he couldn't do it.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Isn't he like 31 or 32? Why the hell would he sign such a deal? It would limit his ability to get independant bookings, no?
All it is is a contract that will let the WWE use his name and likeness on shirts and other products. It doesn't limit anything, there are a bunch of guys on Legends deals that still do indy dates. Legends contracts are very flexible, it's just a blanket term they use for signing past wrestlers for non-wrestling agreements. It's not like a wrestling contract where you can only do WWE stuff.

The notable difference with this one is that Cody won't have any appearance dates like most the deals have (usually you have a minimum number of dates where you have to show up on behalf of the WWE or be on their shows).

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Don't do it Cody unless you have a strict clause on the appearances. I think WWE has strategically "called guys in" to interrupt competitive market situations.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Randomly. Is there a list somewhere of guys who have signed the legends deal? I thought I had read that Edge didn't but that seems strange.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Edge probably doesn't have one as he still is working with the company doing his show. So anything he does with the WWE would be covered in that contract opposed to a separate deal.

Same with all the guys who would be offered one who already work back stage. They're with the company all the time, so they don't need extra contracts for other things. Like Regal would have once, except he's already under contract for NXT stuff for example.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad