My trade for Chychrun...

Octopus

May 17, 2006
Yeah I know ...why would I want Chychrun given he has asked to be traded 3 years in a row..It's his contract year...that's why, and any deal will require his consent to sign a contract . SY sees it as an upgrade to most of his current defence corps and Chychrun is still only 25.

So here it is:

Detroit:
Chychrun (
and his signature on a multi-year contract)
Draft picks (not 1st or 2nd)

Ottawa:
Berggren
(by now its obvious SY & DL would rather move him)
A Current D on the Wings roster (not named Seider or Walman)...likely Maata
Draft Picks
(not 1st or 2nd)

You can decide on the draft picks to balance out the deal one way or another.

IMO Bergy is a 50+ point NHL player in a middle six role as a regular 15+minute player. Chychrun has not been good for the Sens this year but is young enough to get back to his better days in Arizona. His ceiling is a 3-4 defenceman IMO.

Let me know your thoughts.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I don't want Chychrun either but this thread is weird

if it's just Berggren who the Wings have no interest in playing anyways, a worse Defenseman than him on the current roster, and a 3rd round pick that's too much of a steal to pass up on

not that it would only be that much in reality so again i'm not at all saying I want the Wings to trade for him but that's the op people are expressing a lack of interest in

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
I don't think the offer is enough to get him from Ottawa, maybe if he was in the other conference. What it would likely take to get him from Ottawa makes me lose interest.

Reactions: taliababa

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Think Chychrun just will fall to us as UFA, thanks to Michigan connections.

No need to use assets for a trade.

Think Chychrun just will to us as UFA, thanks to Michigan connections.

No need to use assets for a trade.

Reactions: 13to40

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
I know we traded recently with Ottawa but the circumstances were drastically different than they are now. I highly doubt Ottawa would be interested in trading Chychrun within division at all.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I'd honestly rather have recent Maatta in the top 4 than Chychrun.

Trading for Chychrun would be basically reversing the Hronek trade with a worse handedness. It wouldn't make any sense, since he's basically what Hronek was. That's the wrong kind of D that we want to invest in. A defensively suspect guy that can put up numbers and thus be expensive. I want to get rid of Ghost not trade for a 2nd one.

Last edited:

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
HIS CONTRACT DOESN'T EXPIRE UNTIL NEXT YEAR, lolol.

yeah i'd be surprised if they traded him this year unless someone wanted him badly enough to basically pay them back what it cost them to acquire him in the first place

honestly I wouldn't be shocked if they essentially kept him as a rental even next deadline even if he keeps wanting out if they're in a Playoff spot next year

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I don't want Chychrun either but this thread is weird

if it's just Berggren who the Wings have no interest in playing anyways, a worse Defenseman than him on the current roster, and a 3rd round pick that's too much of a steal to pass up on

not that it would only be that much in reality so again i'm not at all saying I want the Wings to trade for him but that's the op people are expressing a lack of interest in
Yeah I don't get the complete lack of interest in this guy. The "suggested" price is cheap, and he makes the team better.

I don't love the player, TBH, but it's cheap.

I like other guys that'll be available more, but, sliding out Berggren and Maatta or Holl for Chychrun would be a huge win for the Red Wings. No really a trade I'm seeking out though or think will even happen this cheap.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah I don't get the complete lack of interest in this guy. The "suggested" price is cheap, and he makes the team better.

I don't love the player, TBH, but it's cheap.

I like other guys that'll be available more, but, sliding out Berggren and Maatta or Holl for Chychrun would be a huge win for the Red Wings. No really a trade I'm seeking out though or think will even happen this cheap.
Problem is he’s never gonna go for the suggested price laid out by the OP.

Ottawa just gave up a conditional first round pick and two conditional second round picks not even a year ago for him. They are not going to now just give him away for significantly less.

Reactions: Snuggs

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'd honestly rather have recent Maatta in the top 4 than Chychrun.

Trading for Chychrun would be basically reversing the Hronek trade with a worse handedness. It wouldn't make any sense, since he's basically what Hronek was. That's the wrong kind of D that we want to invest in. A defensively suspect guy that can put up numbers and thus be expensive. I want to get rid of Ghost not trade for a 2nd one.
He makes some bad reads sometimes, but he is 100x harder to play against than Ghost or Hronek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad