Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
Jeff Frazee - G - 6'00 184 - US NAT U18
Ben Bishop - G - 6'05 205 - Texas - NAHL

Frazee hasn't gotten too much hype recently but he's been pretty good this year. I don't know if he'll go that high but he could end up being a solid pick.

Bishop is obviously huge and has great numbers but he's playing on a team that is easily the strongest in the NAHL. I wonder how seriously he's been tested this season.

Eldrick

Apr 23, 2004
La-La-Laprise said:
CSB has him 40th for NA skaters.
Actually CSB has Bertram at 32nd...still lower than I though he would be coming into the season.

faucette78

Jan 6, 2005
Parent gets no respect at all! Although I like Staal, Parent was the best defencemen at the Prospects Game. Staal made some good hits, joined the rush, but at times his positioning was off, gave away the puck and got caught up the ice on two on ones. Parent is quiet but yet is the most effective defencemen in this draft class right now, and I think you will see some more offense out of him in the future. He is so refined defensively and skates so well that you can't help but like him. Saying that, I can understand that people may think that Kindl and Johnson (etc.) have more upside (especially offensively) then Parent - and the NHL draft is all about projection. But I would take Parent in the top 10 for sure.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
cagney said:
Frazee hasn't gotten too much hype recently but he's been pretty good this year. I don't know if he'll go that high but he could end up being a solid pick.

Bishop is obviously huge and has great numbers but he's playing on a team that is easily the strongest in the NAHL. I wonder how seriously he's been tested this season.

From what ive heard Frazee is quite the goalie. He is commited to ND isnt he?

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ice Demon said:
Good list, Lala. Someone already asked about Downie, but it wasn't answered. So, where do you think he will go or have him ranked?

He is putting up some pretty good numbers in the OHL...His size isnt a big concern although he is under 6'00

I am sure some people would have him in their top 60. He will be a day 1 pick im assuming.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
I find the lack of Anikeenko and Belov questionable. 6'4 and 6'3 with skills is alot to pass in a second round.

Last edited by a moderator:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
borro said:
I find the lack of Anikeenko and Belov questionable. 6'4 and 6'3 with skills is alot to pass in a second round.

I know CSB isnt the greastest but they dont even have Belov rated until 106th among Euro skaters and Anikenko is rated 63rd.

Speaking of Russians what do you think of:

Evgeni Megalinsky
Yakov Rylov
Alexandre Galimov
Grigory Panin

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
I know CSB isnt the greastest but they dont even have Belov rated until 106th among Euro skaters and Anikenko is rated 63rd.

Speaking of Russians what do you think of:

Evgeni Megalinsky
Yakov Rylov
Alexandre Galimov
Grigory Panin

You forget the "Valabik" factor. Anikienko has gone down but rankings vary. You can't teach 6'4 and mean! That's why Heshmatpour will get a LONG look early too.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I dont agree with MCardle being too high.
And i think Vladimir Sobotka will go in the second round. All in all, good job man!

Last edited by a moderator:

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
From what ive heard Frazee is quite the goalie. He is commited to ND isnt he?

He's actually going to Minnesota.

Bishop is going to Maine if you were curious about him as well.

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Ok thanks :) And i was about to ask so doubel thanks :)

Do you have any info on Brian Foster. Plays for the Junior Monarchs.

Taken from Heisenberg's:

"Scouting: Has good post-to-post quickness, combined with good size to fill the net. "Brian is ranked as one of the top two goaltenders in country in his age and is a legitimate top-three round NHL draft pick in 2005," Coach Sean Tremblay said. He is "a No. 1 goaltender and he's probably going to be the best goaltender in our history," Tremblay said

Committed to UNH on April 26, 2004. Selected UNH over offers from BU, Maine and Providence. Is expected to play another year for the Monarchs while finishing his senior year at Bishop Brady, then play a post-grad year with the USHL's Des Moines Buccaneers before replacing Jeff Pietrasiak. Was selected by Des Moines as the top pick in the 2004 USHL Future's Draft. Played on US Under-17 team that won the gold medal in Slovakia during the August 2003 World Under-17 tourney. Was top ranked goalie at the 2003 USA Select 16 festival. Started his career with Bishop Brady high. Drafted by Patrick Roy's team in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League in the 2004 draft, #133 overall. Rated as the 27th best goalie prospect in the NHL Central Scouting Mid-Term listing for the 2005 NHL draft."

The biggest surprise of anything of CSB's midterms for me was Foster being at #27. Everything I had heard and continue to hear says he is a day one pick. People go from arguing if he or Frazee is the top US goalie for 87's and CSB puts him at #27??? Give me a break :help:

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
TMHUNH said:
Taken from Heisenberg's:

"Scouting: Has good post-to-post quickness, combined with good size to fill the net. "Brian is ranked as one of the top two goaltenders in country in his age and is a legitimate top-three round NHL draft pick in 2005," Coach Sean Tremblay said. He is "a No. 1 goaltender and he's probably going to be the best goaltender in our history," Tremblay said

Committed to UNH on April 26, 2004. Selected UNH over offers from BU, Maine and Providence. Is expected to play another year for the Monarchs while finishing his senior year at Bishop Brady, then play a post-grad year with the USHL's Des Moines Buccaneers before replacing Jeff Pietrasiak. Was selected by Des Moines as the top pick in the 2004 USHL Future's Draft. Played on US Under-17 team that won the gold medal in Slovakia during the August 2003 World Under-17 tourney. Was top ranked goalie at the 2003 USA Select 16 festival. Started his career with Bishop Brady high. Drafted by Patrick Roy's team in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League in the 2004 draft, #133 overall. Rated as the 27th best goalie prospect in the NHL Central Scouting Mid-Term listing for the 2005 NHL draft."

The biggest surprise of anything of CSB's midterms for me was Foster being at #27. Everything I had heard and continue to hear says he is a day one pick. People go from arguing if he or Frazee is the top US goalie for 87's and CSB puts him at #27??? Give me a break :help:

Im guessing because he is small. It is only a guess though. CSB does crazy things hehe

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
I wouldn't be suprised if the Vancouver Canucks would try and get Dan Bertram given their need of foward prospects with greater offensive potential.

Blane Youngblood

Jun 17, 2003
Visit site
Tb0ne said:
I wouldn't be suprised if the Vancouver Canucks would try and get Dan Bertram given their need of foward prospects with greater offensive potential.

1st round: Bertram
2nd round: Anikenko
3rd round: Bradford

This is what I was hoping for at the start of the year for the Canucks and it's what I'm hoping for now (although I thought I was dreaming that either Bertram or Anikenko would drop the way they have).

Bruno8

Jun 14, 2002
East Coast
Visit site
Jason MacIsaac said:
If NJ can get Bertram in the first round I will love it. If NJ gets him in the 2nd round, I will really freak out. This kid has Paul Kariya type speed and acceleration with the offensive game to go with it.

Wow! I have never seen Bertrum do anything that would make me think of
Paul Kariya. I saw both as Hockey East freshmen. Kariya would bring everyone to their feet every time he touched the puck. Bertrum is barley noticable. I don't consider Bertrum is a good skater at all. I too heard the hype on this kid and I'm not alone in being disappointed. He had 5 goals in his first week of play. He's had 2 since. From what I've seen of him NJ should be able to get him in the 3rd round.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Bruno8 said:
Paul Kariya. I saw both as Hockey East freshmen. Kariya would bring everyone to their feet every time he touched the puck. Bertrum is barley noticable. I don't consider Bertrum is a good skater at all. I too heard the hype on this kid and I'm not alone in being disappointed. He had 5 goals in his first week of play. He's had 2 since. From what I've seen of him NJ should be able to get him in the 3rd round.

I'd be dead surprised if he went past the first round. Give him a break, he's the youngest player in Hockey East.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Bruno8 said:
Man, did he break his knee's.....bertram used to be able to fly.....scary speed. He dominated the under 18 for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad