My Opinion on Finn Balor

Oct 18, 2011
Does anyone else agree with me that the demon character while very good also makes his non demon matches seem unimportant?

I feel like he's just a guy without it. I understand that the makeup signifies an important match but why should we care otherwise then? Is this like Mick Foley with Cactus Jack?

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
I did like that they gave us the backstory on his name and on the demon persona back before his match with Seth but since he's returned from injury, he's just been "Fonzy Finn". I hope his demon character...if it's being used again...will be brought out for a special reason. I think we could all see him channeling "Demon Finn" when being in a feud with a character like Bray.

I wouldn't want that persona to be overused because you'll be disappointed if he just comes out in the leather jacket and no body paint. He needs a regular persona and he conjures up his demon persona when it's necessary. I wouldn't waste that character on his feud with Elias but I think it makes too much sense not to bring it back for SummerSlam against Bray or if he's in a title feud.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
No I actually think the Demon could get old quickly if constantly being used.

That said, Bray is the guy to bring him out for. I could argue there hasn't been a purpose yet to bring him out.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Not only would it get old fast but it also takes like 4 hours to put on i think the guy barely has enough free time in his life i don't think he wants to throw away an extra 4 hours a week putting it on.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Well, I'm of the opinion that there are too many meaningless matches on Raw and Smackdown already, but it has nothing to do with the characters or, in this instance, Balor's character vs his Demon character.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
The way Bray has been booked as being fairly strong of late...would they have a single match in the Finn-Bray program at SummerSlam and that's it? I think they could do some interesting things with those do if they run this out a bit into maybe Survivor Series.

I think if the demon persona comes out at SummerSlam...that has to tell you Finn is going over and this program won't last very long. If Finn is out with the leather jacket and loses to Bray...then this will be a longer program where they'll build up to using 'Demon Finn' and he'll win the blow-off match in character.

Problem with that...they would put Finn in a bad spot. Regular Finn wouldn't be strong enough to beat Bray so he has to become the demon to win. Would that mean demon has to come out for him to overcome bigger and badder opponents? Most of the top guys on Raw are bigger than him so is that how he gets over on them?

We've seen how well they booked Raw lately (most of the show at least)...I want to see how they do this with Finn and Bray and what is the long term storyline for Finn. Elias was a throwaway feud and now he's got a feud with Bray that could be interesting if they want to draw it out for a while.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'd agree if Balor didn't have his past to back him up. He's a legit world wide wrestler so it doesn't bother me. Any other wrestler who didn't have his type of background and I'd agree.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Yeah, Balor's/Devitt's reputation precedes him. Any member of the Bullet Club, for that matter.

He doesn't need the demon. The demon is just another dimension to his persona.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad