my cool neighbors

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Yesterday I was outside practicing hockey for a bit, when my new neighbor came outside and complimented my wrist shot. He told me a better way to get speed up and how I could improve on keeping my eye on my target instead of my puck. Then he asked to see my slapshot. That didn't go over too well. After he finished laughing he told me he'd seen a player like me a while ago. And he helped me on the slap shot. We got to talking and then he asked who my favorite team was, Colorado Avalanche, he laughed again and said so I'm safe to say Joe Sakic is your favorite player. And I said no Tuomo Ruutu. Then he got into saying (he was born in 1922, but you wouldn't be able to tell by how active he is) how after World War 2 he came back to Navy Peir here in Chicago and settled down with a wife, he worked at Navy Peir from then on. He then went to the Chicago Stanley Cup game with his friends in 1961 and fell in love with hockey and the Hawks. He then started coaching hockey for his sons and then went up to the junior level for a few years. Through connections he met Phil Esposito, Tony Esposito, Bobby Orr, Wayne Gretzky, Guy Lafleur, and other players including Gump Worsley. He bade hs goodbyes and went for a walk.

Today I come home and there's a gift basket his wife made me sitting on my front porch. He's one cool guy. It included

Martin Havlat Chicago Blackh daawks Home Jersey

NHL 2007 for XBOX

An autographed Nikolai Khabibulin Puck

An autographed Tuomo Ruutu Puck

An autographed Phil Esposito Puck (WHOOHOO)

and finally a new street hockey puck

So I go over to his house to thank him and he invites me upstairs to show me something. I walk into this room and its more memorabilia than I could ever dream of. What caught my eye was a 1980 USA Jersey that said USA and the number 1 on the back, autographed by the entire team.

I'm just telling you, even if you're sad your neighbors are gone, just be happy someone new is coming

member 157595

on a related note, does the guy that had that sweet-ass authentic Ryan Callahan rangers jersey still post here?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I am a borderline psycho in my defense of animals. If I ever saw someone hurting an animal for no reason I would ****ing lose it. In grade 11, on the last day, the grade 12's decided they would do a graduation prank. They got gophers, broke their legs, and sent them waddling around the hall during class change (you know how busy hallways get). I was in class when my friend sent me a text about this. I stormed out of class, grabbed a couple of buddies who were on their spare period, and started a huge fight in the hallway.
I would have stabbed the guy, but that is why I don't carry knives on me.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I am a borderline psycho in my defense of animals. If I ever saw someone hurting an animal for no reason I would ****ing lose it. In grade 11, on the last day, the grade 12's decided they would do a graduation prank. They got gophers, broke their legs, and sent them waddling around the hall during class change (you know how busy hallways get). I was in class when my friend sent me a text about this. I stormed out of class, grabbed a couple of buddies who were on their spare period, and started a huge fight in the hallway.
f***in' bullshit I'd have been there right beside you.

15 years ago a dog off a leash killed a rabbit I used to care for. The rabbit wasn't technically mine but the actual owners neglected it so I fed it and gave it some love and was the only person who cared for it. The actual owners used to leave it out of the cage for fun/freedom as the local cats would 'only' chase it but wouldn't actually attack it because of of its size. When I found out a dog got it because the dumbasses left it out of the cage again I got so upset and was really heartbroken for the poor thing. Head douchebag/owner, who was laughing at the whole thing, couldn't figure out why I was so upset, because it's not like the rabbit was mine nor had anyone asked me to care for it. I'm still pissed off about it. Some ppl.

member 157595

:laugh: was that who I think it was?

sdf

Jan 23, 2015
Rostov on Don
It wouldn't be cool if some old fart started giving me useless advices and kept laughing like an idiot

Last edited:

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
I'll think of you next fall when I'm gutting the deer I shoot. :)

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
Yesterday I was outside practicing hockey for a bit, when my new neighbor came outside and complimented my wrist shot ...

... So I go over to his house to thank him and he invites me upstairs to show me something. I walk into this room and its more memorabilia than I could ever dream of. What caught my eye was a 1980 USA Jersey that said USA and the number 1 on the back, autographed by the entire team.

I'm just telling you, even if you're sad your neighbors are gone, just be happy someone new is coming
Can you show us on the doll where he touched you?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad