Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I’ll say this.

If they are confident that Chytil doesn’t come back this year Dru needs to step up and do something soon.

They can’t keep running this group out there. Get a C who can play and drop Bonino to 13th F.

Like I hate Goodrow and he’s a bad player, but if he’s flanking Vesey and Cuylle he can be carried. Bonino has balls but he just can’t do enough on offense to justify his existence. It also seems like the path of least resistance though Id love it if they waived Goodrow and opened up the extra cap. If you’re not going to scratch both, it has to be one or the other.

Also split Kreider and Zibanejad the second you upgrade that 3c spot.

Reactions: Raspewtin

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Saturday night loss against Habs in Montreal. Glad I missed this one. Pray for Monday.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Othmann didn't get time because he was playing poorly, pretty simple.
Miller, in particular, was as horrific. Absolutely terrible.
I'm really not sure what was going on last night with all of the turnovers. They were fortunate to get a point out of it.
Miller is always terrible (defensively at least)

Reactions: ArPanet

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
I’ll say this.

If they are confident that Chytil doesn’t come back this year Dru needs to step up and do something soon.

They can’t keep running this group out there. Get a C who can play and drop Bonino to 13th F.

Like I hate Goodrow and he’s a bad player, but if he’s flanking Vesey and Cuylle he can be carried. Bonino has balls but he just can’t do enough on offense to justify his existence. It also seems like the path of least resistance though Id love it if they waived Goodrow and opened up the extra cap. If you’re not going to scratch both, it has to be one or the other.

How much do they actually save if they waived him? I can't imagine it's that much since he'd end up in Hartford....to my knowledge, you can't just release him.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
How much do they actually save if they waived him? I can't imagine it's that much since he'd end up in Hartford....to my knowledge, you can't just release him.

1.125 if I remember correctly. It’s not the full hit but it is about 1/3 of it.

Every dime counts and it’s just addition by subtraction.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
I’ll say this.

some takes.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Some of you guys are off your rockers. I see people bitching about anything and everything when they lose.

If Montreal’s goalie doesn’t play out of his mind we win the game and move on. But some on here are acting like the sky is falling. Take a f***ing Xanax or something holy shit.

Also are we just looking for something to complain about in regards to laf. He’s arguably been our 2nd best forward this year. Does he still have things to work on? Absolutely. But he’s not the reason we lost last night.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
go figure the minute cuylle gets moved off that god forsaken bonino-brodzinski line he starts producing points and playing with more offensive confidence. i can’t put into words how much i hate watching those two fools attempt to play NHL hockey.

this forward corp needs help asap. the first line is horrific and completely ineffective 65% of the time and it’s not all wheeler (though he certainly doesn’t help). he at least tries to make plays even if his hands are less than capable at this point. kreider and zib just stick wave and wait for passes like it’s their calling from god

lafs lack of finishing is just hilarious at this point. any other NHLer would have 5 more goals and 5 more assists making the plays he is, he’s just not allowed to rack points up

the trouba miller pairing is going to be our downfall in a playoff series and we keep chugging like it’s a non issue

lindgren has been much better the last few games

if quick could stop anything last night we probably win but it’s certainly not his problem that we phoned in the third period from puck drop. especially the first line.

i don’t know what othmann did to deserve a benching while those chodes bonino and brodzinski still got shifts but what the f*** do i know i guess

schneider has been miles better than last year. he still makes quite a few mistakes but he’s far from “literally one of the worst d in the league” than he has been the last few years.

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
go figure the minute cuylle gets moved off that god forsaken bonino-brodzinski line he starts producing points and playing with more offensive confidence. i can’t put into words how much i hate watching those two fools attempt to play NHL hockey.

this forward corp needs help asap. the first line is horrific and completely ineffective 65% of the time and it’s not all wheeler (though he certainly doesn’t help). he at least tries to make plays even if his hands are less than capable at this point. kreider and zib just stick wave and wait for passes like it’s their calling from god

lafs lack of finishing is just hilarious at this point. any other NHLer would have 5 more goals and 5 more assists making the plays he is, he’s just not allowed to rack points up

the trouba miller pairing is going to be our downfall in a playoff series and we keep chugging like it’s a non issue

lindgren has been much better the last few games

if quick could stop anything last night we probably win but it’s certainly not his problem that we phoned in the third period from puck drop. especially the first line.

i don’t know what othmann did to deserve a benching while those chodes bonino and brodzinski still got shifts but what the f*** do i know i guess

schneider has been miles better than last year. he still makes quite a few mistakes but he’s far from “literally one of the worst d in the league” than he has been the last few years.
Regarding Laf and the team's shooting, I believe that the over reliance on east west royal road plays has affected their ability to snipe goals for themselves. When the majority of their goals are created by getting the goalie way out of position, and they've gotten used to it, then when the goalie is in position, it doesn't surprise me that picking corners becomes a challenge. Panarin is the only one who consistently snipes and beats goalies on his own. Kreider does it to a lesser degree. This is likely seeping into Laf's game ironically by gelling with Panarin.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I wonder sometimes if analytics and access to more data are driving the league wide decrease in save percentage, but not for the reason we might think.

Goalies have gotten really good. They’ve perfected the butterfly and they’re hard to beat on clean shots. So we are seeing fewer players try to beat the goalie, even in pretty good spots, and going for the one extra pass/deke

Reactions: will1066

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
IDK, Weird game. Felt like we pretty much dominated them for long stretches of the game but every now and then got caught out on long shifts and paid for it.

At the end of the night (and painfully obvious since it ended up in a S/O) we got outplayed in goal. Quick has come back to earth and is not making the big saves for us when we need them.

Man, it would have been nice to drink the tears of Habs fan had we come back form a 3 goal lead and won in regulation though.

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I wonder sometimes if analytics and access to more data are driving the league wide decrease in save percentage, but not for the reason we might think.

Goalies have gotten really good. They’ve perfected the butterfly and they’re hard to beat on clean shots. So we are seeing fewer players try to beat the goalie, even in pretty good spots, and going for the one extra pass/deke
There are still plenty of clean shot goals, granted some of them are from sick shots. But looking at Laf's shootout attempt, unless your release/shot accuracy is elite, you're not beating the goalie without making a deke.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Some of you guys are off your rockers. I see people bitching about anything and everything when they lose.

If Montreal’s goalie doesn’t play out of his mind we win the game and move on. But some on here are acting like the sky is falling. Take a f***ing Xanax or something holy shit.

Also are we just looking for something to complain about in regards to laf. He’s arguably been our 2nd best forward this year. Does he still have things to work on? Absolutely. But he’s not the reason we lost last night.
Laf has been very good but our 2 best forwards have been Panarin and Trochek, hands down. Carrying the team, especially when the wonder twins decide to take a night off (which is often)

ncdoc

Oct 10, 2015
Damn we are first in the conference, and second league wide. Tear this shit down! Missing KK and PK. Rebuild time. Some of you are out of your minds.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

CTTribe73

Aug 17, 2023
I cannot for the life of me figure this team. We're either legitimate Cup contenders or totally fraudulent. I feel like it could go either way at this point-like I'd feel the same if we won the President's trophy or fell out of the tournament completely.

I'd feel much better if Zib and Kreids could generate ANY scoring punch at all at 5 v 5.

(As far as moves go let's bring in Stamkos if TB falls completely out of the picture).

Reactions: Boris Zubov

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
I thought I would bring this up. I listened to the game on radio while watching a "stream" because the game was on NHL Network. Alex Faust was calling it with Dave. MSG needs to lock up Faust like yesterday. Former Kings TV PXP and was let go for whatever reason. He's very good. Better than La Greca.

I think most of us think that when Sam finally retires the TV chair will be filled by Kenny. And that would be cool, but Kenny is also north of 50. They might look to keep him on radio. Faust is in his 30's and it seems like in NY the team announcers have their jobs for a long time. I think Faust would be a perfect replacement for Sam.

And Faust is also doing fill in work for the rapidly declining Jack Edwards for NESN in Boston. If MSG doesn't sign Faust long term then I think the Bruins will.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Damn we are first in the conference, and second league wide. Tear this shit down! Missing KK and PK. Rebuild time. Some of you are out of your minds.

This is why I frown upon negativity here but I like to welcome all discussions whether it’s negative or positive.

I feel good about this team, but a lot of fans are trying to fix things and there really is not much to fix except a slot here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad