TSN: Mutiny among players about Therrien -Now with a poll!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I like Eller....but a lot of the Eller love comes from people who don't want to admit that we did not get enough in that Halak deal. I think the team should do everything to help Eller succeed just like they do with DD. If they don't want to do that then just trade him. I guarantee you Lars would be a much further along player if he stayed in St Louis.

Respectfully disagree. He should be the #2 center hands down with tons of minutes. Trading him will be a colossal mistake. Eller is one of the guys who doesn't have to go somewhere else to have success. He can do it here if put in the right situation. Please plz plz Bergevin don't trade him!

I am very happy with the Halak trade ftr. In fact I think we won it.

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
Respectfully disagree. He should be the #2 center hands down with tons of minutes. Trading him will be a colossal mistake. Eller is one of the guys who doesn't have to go somewhere else to have success. He can do it here if put in the right situation. Please plz plz Bergevin don't trade him!

I do think that we could have gotten more from St-Louis for Halak. However I agree that if we increase Eller`s icetime and give him more offensive opportunities (more PP time, offensive wingers), he should be able to contribute like he did last season. Trading him right now would be a mistake considering we have seen that he is capable of producing offensively and defensively.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011

I think we should have gotten more. I want to see Eller get more minutes and play a bigger role, but if the team is unwilling to do it, then trade him.

habitue*

I think we should have gotten more. I want to see Eller get more minutes and play a bigger role, but if the team is unwilling to do it, then trade him.

Eller is limited offensively.

If you play Galchenyuk at center - like most people on this board want -, it means Eller would still be the third line center behind Plekky and Galchy.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Eller is limited offensively.

If you play Galchenyuk at center - like most people on this board want -, it means Eller would still be the third line center behind Plekky and Galchy.

Oh, you mean in that magical world of common sense? Unfortunately we need to do something with Davey, since Pacioretty just simply refuses to play with someone else. (And I think our coach likes him.)

FTR, I don't hate Desharnais and he's actually been much much better as the team has been sinking (which is usually the case), but your suggestion for C is the correct one and involves DD out of the lineup permanently.

Also, I still think Chucky is raw. #2 C yes, but expect him not to be as good as you'd expect. He has a lot to learn, including how to get his shot off more quickly. I'd put Eller at #2 if he wasn't such a perfect #3 due to his defensive play.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Eller is so overrated on this board. He's a good 3rd liner but nowhere near what people expect him to be. I saw someone saying that he wouldn't trade Eller for Jordan Eberle. Really ? And at 24 years old he is not a young player anymore. What you see right now is what you're gonna see for the rest of his career. Don't get me wrong I really like Lars Eller, but stop protecting him. Right now he is in the same boat as Briere, Gionta and Bourque.
Lars Eller is what we need, only we don't give him the proper amount of icetime...not sure why some can't see that...:shakehead

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 26m
McKenzie "I'm telling you right now, unless the Canadiens go horribly downhill, Bergevin will not make a coaching change in season"

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 33m
McKenzie "Bergevin really prides himself on being the antithesis of a knee-jerk reaction GM."

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
McKenzie "I'm telling you right now, unless the Canadiens go horribly downhill, Bergevin will not make a coaching change in season"

McKenzie "Bergevin really prides himself on being the antithesis of a knee-jerk reaction GM."

I'm scared as to what "horribly downhill" means in light oh how terrible they are playing now.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

Five more losses. I doubt the team has it in them to lose five more times but I give it five more losses before Terry's fired.

How can Bergevin expect anything out of this season?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

This is actually a nice attribute of a good GM.

Thing is though, this shouldn't be seen as a knee jerk reaction. The team has been mediocre/bad for a long time now. It's not like we were coasting along, playing well and then all of a sudden had a losing streak...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Two months of horrible play and not even a legit roster move.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
Bergevin is gonna make some trade to try and shake things up. when that fails, he will fire Thérrien. hopefully this happens before the Olympics.

no amount of pride could save Thérrien's job unless Bergevin also wants to risk his own ass. if the Habs miss the playoffs because he decided to react much too late, Bergevin would not hear the end of it.

the sad part is that it's paying customers that have to suffer insanely lackluster efforts from the team. nothing more fun than spending $$$ on a night of boo-ing.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
This is actually a nice attribute of a good GM.

Thing is though, this shouldn't be seen as a knee jerk reaction. The team has been mediocre/bad for a long time now. It's not like we were coasting along, playing well and then all of a sudden had a losing streak...

I've mentioned this before, but for them to be playing so poorly with this roster is easy grounds for dismissal. All anyone has to do is look at the roster JM/Cunneyworth had to compare all the current ex-nhlers, would be retirees and the Scott Gomez's on that team to what he has at his disposal right now. I think it's way past the point of knee jerk. It's a lottery team right now with an above average roster.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

It's not a knee jerk.. it's a case of history repeating for Michel Therrien. Guy has neutered every good player we have.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I'm scared as to what "horribly downhill" means in light oh how terrible they are playing now.

My thoughts exactly...

Every team has slumps, even extended losing streaks.

What is sad about the habs is that they are getting outplayed nightly and showing zero push back.

Team looks deflated, but more in the disinterested/checking out sense than in the sagging confidence/bad luck sense.

Do we need to fall to a bottom 2-3 spot in the conference?

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Five more losses. I doubt the team has it in them to lose five more times but I give it five more losses before Terry's fired.

How can Bergevin expect anything out of this season?

If the habs lose 5-0 the next two games Therrien is a goner. The pressure will rise incredibly. It all depends on how they are playing though. MB will look for any opportunity to keep MT. If the players truly want MT gone no matter what then there's not much MB can do.

I read a Martin Leclerc article where he said that the two players most vocal in the closed door meeting were Murray and Gorges... Murray fighting to save his NHL career and Gorges who hasn't been stellar and is not the smartest guy around. If that's who's backing MT he's a goner. And no matter how much we all dislike Gionta, he's seen cup winning rosters and cup winning coaches. I'm sure the players are looking to him wondering what he thinks of MT and of the situation in general. MT has to hope that Gionta will lead the players out of this funk but what can we really expect from a mercenary who signed out of NJ for the most dollars, who has 1 year left on his deal and ain't staying?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It's their fault really... I mean, dont you remember Cammy, Gionta and Gomez talking about culture and how important it is to merge, and that they'll be happy to learn some french... or Cunneyworth talking about talking about how he'll plan on learning some french too... ?

I mean, if you dont plan on doing it, just shut the **** up, you know...

or even better, just shut the **** up about it and do your thing, like Robinson, Gainey and co did in the past, like Crawford did (no one asked him, he just did it, period) and like Subban is doing right now...

Cunneyworth never had a chance lol I genuinely think he would've done it.

I agree otherwise, don't put attention to yourself.

Still, in regards to head coaches the attention is put before they even say a word. It's ********. I know you're generally on other side of this but hire best and then they can learn.

elsubz

Nov 3, 2007
Well if he holds out not firing him and we miss the playoffs I'm pretty sure Mr. Molson will not be a happy man.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
From the RDS article. LOL I don't know what to say

PAR JF195827 JANV. 2014 À 17:13
Pourquoi congédier M. Michel Therrien. C'est un des 5 meilleurs de la lique?
like 7 dislike 7

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Cunneyworth never had a chance lol I genuinely think he would've done it.

I agree otherwise, don't put attention to yourself.

Still, in regards to head coaches the attention is put before they even say a word. It's ********. I know you're generally on other side of this but hire best and then they can learn.

thing is, there's examples of guys who clearly dont want to, for example Muller played for us a few years, was also asst coach for a few others, considering he was interested in being a head coach, he didnt bother ? I mean, anyone else heard him say more than "meuuuurci" ? and how about Gallant, who is already here, he's not interested enough in the HC position to get a few lessons ? can't say "bonnejeur" or something ?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I can't recall a Habs coach in my lifetime who lasted for an extended period.

I guess Carbonneau and Martin did decently, ~200 games each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad