OT: Music Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I figured since we have a Food Thread, a "Whatcha Drinkin" thread, and a TV show thread, it might be nice to have a music thread. Personally, I have very eclectic tastes in music and really can't name a favorite genre. For the most part, I enjoy Classic Rock, some Heavy Metal, Blues, New Age/Rock, Alternative, Jazz, Classical, and some Pop. I'm not a huge fan of Rap, Electronic, and most country, although I do like some country, just not most of the newer "popular/commercial" country stuff. I'm good with Johnny Cash and some of the lesser known singer/songwriters out of Texas that play at places like the Lincoln, Southland Ballroom, etc... or if they have a bit of the blues in their music.

I saw the Black Keys last night and really like their stuff. I saw them last year at Walnut Creek with the Flaming Lips as well. St. Vincent was the warm-up and while a bit different, she was actually quite good. I'm not a huge fan of the PNC for concerts honestly, almost seems too formal, but the show was still very good.

I also saw Jason Isbell at the DPAC back in November and that was outstanding.

Oenatzu

Chad-in-the-Box
Mar 7, 2010
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png

Reactions: Identity404

SCanedinavian

Sep 13, 2011
Edinburgh, Scotland
i like everything

i mostly listen to rap and stupid hipster **** but i seriously like everything

Mostly this, not sure how hipster the stuff I listen to is though, feel like I'm constantly a year behind on discovering new artists.

For the guys that are into hip hop, check out these remixes: http://www.thomax.org/ <- the producer is a mate of mine from back home, so obviously slightly biased, but the music is free to download, and it's pretty damn good.

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
Hip/Young demographic checking in.

Modern alternative, EDM, 2000's rock, progressive rock, pop punk, some hip hop for me.

Favorite bands/artists in order:

-Twenty One Pilots
-Eminem
-Muse
-Sum 41
-Calvin Harris
-Shinedown
-New Politics
-Young the Giant
-Mayday Parade
-Cold War Kids

HM's to Krewella, Interpol, Bronze Radio Return, Imagine Dragons

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Hip/Young demographic checking in.

Modern alternative, EDM, 2000's rock, progressive rock, pop punk, some hip hop for me.

Favorite bands/artists in order:

-Twenty One Pilots
-Eminem
-Muse
-Sum 41
-Calvin Harris
-Shinedown
-New Politics
-Young the Giant
-Mayday Parade
-Cold War Kids

HM's to Krewella, Interpol, Bronze Radio Return, Imagine Dragons

Wow, I know 2 of those for sure (Eminem and Sum 41), and I think I've heard of Muse.

I'll consider that a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad