OT: Music Part V

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
As truly horrible as it was, the Vietnam war sure had a pretty amazing soundtrack .

Can't forget the drugs of the 70's,they inspired a lot of creativity.

Thank the good ol USA to go all they way over to Vietnam to put a stop to the red menace before it came marching down Main street USA.

One of his biggest hits with a strong message that many Americans didn't get. And so many thing he is of a Jewish background.

Reactions: angusyoung

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Long ago, in the Future, after the Final Great War. There was anarchy and meaness in the world….. And there was no Rock and Roll! Buck Dharma, circa 1982!!!

• Wow
Reactions: rik schau

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Not all that familiar with either singer but regardless that is one impressive range and performance, hats off .

• Wow

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
We nominated this tune at the club last weekend as one of the worst vocal performances of all time. Who says you need a beautiful voice to sing right kids. My ears are still bleeding. lol

• Haha

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Have you guys heard of udio (AI generated music and songs)?
This is quite mind blowing.

Here is a song I made it generate about Suzuki,Caufield and Slaf
All AI, music and lyrics
Took me about 20 minutes to generate it , extending the best versions.
The song is a mess and lacks direction but it's so impressive .

As someone who started to compose (very amateurly) a few months ago I must say it's hard to stay motivated to continue improving when AI can generate songs and instrumental music in minutes with just a prompt.

Really curious to see how the music industry will be impacted.
Crazy times.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Have you guys heard of udio (AI generated music and songs)?
This is quite mind blowing.

Here is a song I made it generate about Suzuki,Caufield and Slaf
All AI, music and lyrics
Took me about 20 minutes to generate it , extending the best versions.
The song is a mess and lacks direction but it's so impressive .

As someone who started to compose (very amateurly) a few months ago I must say it's hard to stay motivated to continue improving when AI can generate songs and instrumental music in minutes with just a prompt.

Really curious to see how the music industry will be impacted.
Crazy times.
I've been using Suno

It's crazy good quality.

I did this yesterday :

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
You would go? what if that one song was all that you knew? I'd think that I would want to know what the setlist was comprised of and what the venue was and price before committing to attending. All this should probably be in the dedicated music thread as it is way OT and not a lot of music fans around these parts.lol

I would definitely go see a cover band if Dino Jelusic were its front man. You already know the range he has and how he surrounds himself with the best musicians.

I would not as easily go see any other cover band. Jelusic is in a class of his own — probably the best Prog, Heavy Rock and Metal singer of his generation.

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
GLdzzP7XwAAwKVl.jpg

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I would definitely go see a cover band if Dino Jelusic were its front man. You already know the range he has and how he surrounds himself with the best musicians.

I would not as easily go see any other cover band. Jelusic is in a class of his own — probably the best Prog, Heavy Rock and Metal singer of his generation.

Go on,ya reckon you'd go? good on ya, but yeah nah, no way would any mates I know go to a cover band for one song. I reckon they wouldn't go for one song if it was a massive hit from a super-group.
Nah,know diddly about him,seen some stuff here maybe,that be it.

PS I dug into that bloke a wee bit, got some good news for ya, and maybe some not so dandy. He's on tour so what show ya reckon you'll be off to? I hope for you that he does more covers than original as I gave it a gander and it was a rough listen.

These blokes played at an event some time ago, did alright we reckon. Got the mob hopping and guzzling. lol

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Go on,ya reckon you'd go? good on ya, but yeah nah, no way would any mates I know go to a cover band for one song. I reckon they wouldn't go for one song if it was a massive hit from a super-group.
Nah,know diddly about him,seen some stuff here maybe,that be it.

PS I dug into that bloke a wee bit, got some good news for ya, and maybe some not so dandy. He's on tour so what show ya reckon you'll be off to? I hope for you that he does more covers than original as I gave it a gander and it was a rough listen.

These blokes played at an event some time ago, did alright we reckon. Got the mob hopping and guzzling. lol

That cover band sounds amazing, thx for sharing.

Checked out Dino Jelusick tour dates, nothing scheduled for North America so far.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
Introduced some of the guys to some unfamiliar artists and they are digging it. The front man is one of the most entertaining and energetic dudes going today,a real blast No doubt he stole my dance moves:laugh:

He's even high octane during a classic cover.

Here he is with another local popular band doing a few covers.

The other dude with another band doing covers,it's an annual event.

Theme night.

Bringing back the 70's? nope,just sound like it as it's recent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad