OT: Music being played at Leaf games

landeskog11

Jan 14, 2012
I've heard a few songs in the preseason games,

1. Walk the Moon - shut up and dance

2. Sister Sledge - we are family

name some songs you've heard during leaf games even in the past year or so, thanks.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Some sappy Bieber song. By far the worst in game music of any team in the league. I'm not talking about the goal song either.
not saying it's good but it's no different than any other venue I've been to.

Reactions: 93LEAFS

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
Before every PP or break in the play: "YAYYYYYYYY OHHHH.....YAYYYYYYY OHHHH.... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY...YAYYYYYYY...YAYYYYYYYYYY." :facepalm:

Can the music co-ordinator at Leaf games get the gas and be relived from their duties already?...This person is obviously horrible at their job, is lame af, and has been selecting these overplayed/over hyped top 10 crappy songs going on for YEARS now. Remember that wimpy Passion Pit song they played during the goal celebrations as an experiment a few seasons ago during pre-season?.... Beyond cringeworthy.

Pocket Hercules

Business in the front, party in the back.
Jun 19, 2008
York Region
I will say: the music at Raptors games is far superior in terms of atmosphere, appropriateness, timing, etc. when compared to Leaf games. You would think its a completely different arena.

The music at Leafs games is best described as...incoherent.

Agreed. I'll even go as far to say that the Raptors music co-ordinator is not only the best in the NBA, but also the BEST in all of sports. Loved last season's opening montage mash-up of Drake and Jay-Z/Beyonce. And I'm not even a new school Hip hop fan!

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Before every PP or break in the play: "YAYYYYYYYY OHHHH.....YAYYYYYYY OHHHH.... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYY...YAYYYYYYY...YAYYYYYYYYYY." :facepalm:

Can the music co-ordinator at Leaf games get the gas and be relived from their duties already?...This person is obviously horrible at their job, is lame af, and has been selecting these overplayed/over hyped top 10 crappy songs going on for YEARS now. Remember that wimpy Passion Pit song they played during the goal celebrations as an experiment a few seasons ago during pre-season?.... Beyond cringeworthy.

I am in complete agreement !

Reactions: Pocket Hercules

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The music sucks at SBA. I also wish they had an organ at SBA. That is so badasss and is a traditional hockey musical instrument. Musical atmosphere definitely needs to be overhauled.
They do play the organ at times.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
They do play the organ at times.
Yeah a bit, want it to be much more often. Blackhawks use it exclusively. I'd rather hear the organ playing "Saints Go Marching In" instead of constantly hearing Put a f***ing Ring On It by Beyoncé or Humble by Kendrick. Even Power by Kanye for when we go on PP, terrible. Predictable. Doesn't sound pleasant too.

Don't mind Sweet Caroline at all. Neil Diamond is legend. Some of the older time tracks got no issue.

Reactions: ACC1224

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
I've never understood why we weren't playing more Can-Con during games. This is the perfect venue to support Canadian musicians and bands like Monster Truck, Arkells, Alexisonfire, Billy Talent, Sloan, Tragically Hip, etc. while still pumping up the crowd.

DJ Cale's selection always leaves something to be desired, but at least they started playing the actual Crazy Train the last couple of years instead of the weird remix they used to play...

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Seems like every game features a song from Toto, usually 'Hold the Line'. Can't stand that song.

But it's not as bad as 'Sweet Caroline', which I despise.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Jock Jams Volume 1 track listing:

1. Let's Get Ready To Rumble! - Michael Buffer
  2. Get Ready 4 This - 2 Unlimited
  3. Whoomp! There It Is - Tag Team
  4. Strike It Up - Black Box
  5. Tootsee Roll - 69 Boys
  6. Pump It Up, Go 'Head, Go 'Head - Various Artists
  7. Come Baby Come - K7
  8. It Takes Two - Rob Base
  9. Gridiron Groove - Various Artists
  10. Gonna Make You Sweat - C & C Music Factory
  11. Hip Hop Hooray - Naughty By Nature
  12. Pump Up The Volume - M/A/R/R/S
  13. The Power - Snap
  14. Uh, Ungawaa! - Various Artists
  15. Unbelievable - EMF
  16. YMCA - Village People
  17. Pump Up The Jam - Technotronic
  18. Twilight Zone - 2 Unlimited
  19. The Old Ballgame - Ray Castoldi
  20. Rock And Roll Part 2 - Gary Glitter

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
The Hall and Oates song after a goal absolutely sucks, and this is coming from a Hall and Oates fan. They literally have 15 songs better than that one.

I used to poke fun at my Hab fan buddies when they'd play Coldplay or U2 "Vertigo" after their goals, now I hang my head in shame for our stupid goal song

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I will say: the music at Raptors games is far superior in terms of atmosphere, appropriateness, timing, etc. when compared to Leaf games. You would think its a completely different arena.

Different sport with a different history, culture, demos etc.

Reactions: ACC1224

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

It probably is, I'm betting this is related to how MLSE handles diverse environments.

edit: as posted by RB above

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad