Not open for further replies.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
Briere - concussion (Oct 19) - out indefinitely
Prust - right shoulder (Oct 19) - out 4 weeks
Drewiske - shoulder surgery (Oct 16) - out 5-6 months
Pacioretty - left hamstring (Oct 15) - out 3 weeks
Parros - concussion (Oct 1) - DTD - first practice with team Oct. 24 (no contact)
Murray - upper body (Sept 30) - out 4-6 weeks - first practice with team Oct. 25 (no contact)
Emelin - knee surgery (Apr 6) - projected return in November/December - skating regularly, not practicing

Briere:
Hockey Inside Out said:
Joining Prust and Max Pacioretty on the Canadiens’ injured list is Daniel Briere, who is out indefinitely with a concussion suffered in Saturday’s loss to Nashville.

Prust:
CTV.ca said:
MONTREAL -- Montreal Canadiens winger Brandon Prust will be sidelined four weeks with a right shoulder injury.

The team made the announcement Monday via Twitter.

Drewiske:
NHL.com said:
The Montreal Canadiens announced Wednesday that defenseman Davis Drewiske underwent shoulder surgery Wednesday morning in Montreal.

Recovery time is expected to take 5-6 months.

Pacioretty:
Left hamstring strain for Pacioretty. Out for 3 weeks only!

Parros:
Ready for some good news?????

Luc Gelinas ‏@LucGelinasRDS 18 min
Après avoir patiné avec Murray et Emelin, George Parros demeure sur la patinoire pour l'entraînement régulier. #RDS

Parros back with the team!!!!!!!!

Murray:
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 29m
Douglas Murray est sur la glace avec ses coéquipiers pour une première fois./ Douglas Murray is on the ice with his teammates.

Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 2m
Blessure au haut du corps pour Douglas Murray.Absence de 4 à 6 semaines/Murray has an upper-body injury and will be out 4 to 6 weeks

Emelin:
Arpon Basu ‏@ArponBasu 23h
#Habs Michel Therrien said none of the injured players skating - Emelin, Murray, Parros - are expected back "in the short term"

Last edited by a moderator:

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Listed as day-to-day.

Source ; TSN's "Canadiens News Of The Day" video.

I'm guessing groin and hoping it won't plague him throughout the season.

meh.

Tinordi is a solid dman, and I'm sure bouillon and murray will be in and out of the line up all year..

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
It wasn't toward Murray's injury. It was more like i was happy that Tinordi have a spot.

I am 100% with you regarding Tinordi playing for the Habs all season.

However, I dont want to say that an injury to one player is good so that another player can play.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
Guess no one else noticed Murray knocking Lucic to the floor in front of the net? Thank goodness it's a minor thing because we'll need him.

Tinordi will play this year regardless imo, he's already better than Bouillon. We'll see.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Guess no one else noticed Murray knocking Lucic to the floor in front of the net? Thank goodness it's a minor thing because we'll need him.

Tinordi will play this year regardless imo, he's already better than Bouillon. We'll see.

Murray was abusing players in front with solid cross checks. He had the Pronger immunity.

Belso

Aug 15, 2005
Not even game one of the season and already a Vet gets injured.

So, what's new? LOL

DiscoStu9

Mar 15, 2004
Ontario
This is one of those things that is going to happen threw a season, that's why we are building our depth. We can cover these kinds of things.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
Goes to show the importance of having depth. Especially with defensemen.

Hopefully Murray quickly recovers. In fact its possible he might not even miss a regular season game, we're still nearly two weeks away.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
As much as I LOVE Tinordi, I'd expect that Murray is still a better player in his role than Tinordi is. Unless Murray hurts this team, which is very unliky at this point, I don't mind Tinordi being behind Murray at the depth chart.

Besides, I don't think Murray is Tinordi's competition anyways, it's Boullion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I don't know about Murray being better than Tinordi at this point. He's certainly more physical and has more experience, but better? Tinordi looked pretty good at the end of last season and has been a force in camp and in the exhibitions. Good gap control, active stick, a good physical balance, improved passing, better anticipation.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
I don't know about Murray being better than Tinordi at this point. He's certainly more physical and has more experience, but better? Tinordi looked pretty good at the end of last season and has been a force in camp and in the exhibitions.

For sure, I like Tinordi a lot. I have hopes that he will become Subban's partner on the top pairing for years. Nevertheless, he did receive protected minutes last year,and it was in only a handful of games. And while he has been good so far in pre-season games, it's still only pre-season.

Murray may not be what he used to be, but I would give them both numerous games this year before saying that the rookie is better than the still fairly good bottom pairing D in my opinion, especially one as experiences as Murray.

I like Tinordi a lot, yet, because of our depth on D this year, I'd like to see how Tinordi performs in the AHL this year. Yet, our need for another big defencemen (who happens to be good) may force our hand.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Nothing major. They said it's absolutely not dangerous that he missed the opening game. Probably just a groin pull like 90% of the injuries in training camp.

A few here are way too optimistic on Tinordi as soon as this season. People forget how young he is. I don't want his physical game to stop developing there, at this point. And I still want him to get PK1 minutes wherever he plays. An additional game in the AHL might not be that bad for him. Plus, in the Boston game, he actually looked way less efficient than in the Buffalo game. Even Therrien mentionned it in the post-game interview.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Ya, he really made a difference, hence our 6-3 victory.:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad