Mueller

TipsFan13

Nov 1, 2005
Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Peter Mueller Named the CHL Player of the Week

# Peter Mueller est choisi Joueur de la Semaine dans la LCH

Toronto - The Canadian Hockey League announced today that Everett Silvertips forward Peter Mueller is the CHL Player of the Week.

Peter Mueller was the WHL Player of the Week after scoring three goals and five points in two road games last week versus the Kelowna Rockets to help the Silvertips earn a split in Games 1 & 2. In Game 1, Mueller scored two goals and added an assist in a 5-3 win to help the Silvertips jump out to an early lead in the series. Game 2 saw Mueller record a power-play goal and an assist in a 3-2 loss. The series now heads back to Everett for Games 3 & 4. Mueller is one of the top ranked players in the Canadian Hockey League for the upcoming 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

Bobby Ryan of the Owen Sound Attack was the OHL Player of the Week after scoring four goals and one assist in two games last week while helping the Attack split the first two games of their second round series versus the London Knights. Ryan had a goal and an assist in Game 1 which saw the Attack fall by a score of 6-3. In Game 2 Ryan scored a hat-trick and was named the first star of the game. The Attack have since gone on to win Game 3 and now hold a 2-1 series lead. Mathieu Perreault of the Acadie-Bathurst Titan was the top player in the QMJHL last week after scoring a pair of goals and an assist in the second round series versus the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. Perreault had the overtime winner in Game 1 to help the Titan jump out to an early lead in the series and the Titan now lead the series 2-0.

2005-06 CHL Players of the Week

Apr. 11 - Peter Mueller, Everett Silvertips
Apr. 4 - Gilbert Brule, Vancouver Giants
Mar. 28 - Rob Schremp, London Knights
Mar. 21 - Alexander Radulov, Quebec Remparts
Mar. 14 - Radek Smolenak, Kingston Frontenacs
Mar. 7 - Kyle Gajewski, Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds
Feb. 28 - Justin Keller, Kelowna Rockets
Feb. 20 - Alex Bourret, Shawinigan Cataractes
Feb. 13 - Troy Brouwer, Moose Jaw Warriors
Feb. 7 - Rob Schremp, London Knights
Jan. 30 - Mitch Bartley, Vancouver Giants
Jan. 24 - Wojtek Wolski, Brampton Battalion
Jan. 17 - Keith Yandle, Moncton Wildcats
Jan. 10 - Darren Helm, Medicine Hat Tigers
Jan. 3 - Luch Aquino, Brampton Battalion
Dec. 22 - Justin Keller, Kelowna Rockets
Dec. 15 - Jean-Philippe Levasseur, Rouyn-Noranda Huskies
Dec. 8 - David Desharnais, Chicoutimi Sagueneens
Nov. 29 - Bryan Little, Barrie Colts
Nov. 22 - Keith Yandle, Moncton Wildcats
Nov. 15 - Bobby Hughes, Kingston Frontenacs
Nov. 8 - Kevin Armstrong, Saskatoon Blades
Nov. 1 - Alexander Radulov, Quebec Remparts

source:http://www.chl.ca/CHLNews0506/0411a.html

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
TipsFan13 said:
Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Peter Mueller Named the CHL Player of the Week

# Peter Mueller est choisi Joueur de la Semaine dans la LCH

Toronto - The Canadian Hockey League announced today that Everett Silvertips forward Peter Mueller is the CHL Player of the Week.

Peter Mueller was the WHL Player of the Week after scoring three goals and five points in two road games last week versus the Kelowna Rockets to help the Silvertips earn a split in Games 1 & 2. In Game 1, Mueller scored two goals and added an assist in a 5-3 win to help the Silvertips jump out to an early lead in the series. Game 2 saw Mueller record a power-play goal and an assist in a 3-2 loss. The series now heads back to Everett for Games 3 & 4. Mueller is one of the top ranked players in the Canadian Hockey League for the upcoming 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

I still feel he had a very underwhelming season......he just didnt live up to his hype in the WHL......he didnt have a horrible season but he sure didnt light the world on fire like everyone seemed to think he would.

popeye

Aug 3, 2005
Playing under Kevin Constantine in his stifling, defence first system did not help. Look for him to break out with more offence next year as the young Tips mature !!!

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
I still feel he had a very underwhelming season......he just didnt live up to his hype in the WHL......he didnt have a horrible season but he sure didnt light the world on fire like everyone seemed to think he would.

What exactly was expected of him? He averaged over a PPG as a rookie in a system that isn't exactly free-wheeling in a league that as a rule doesn't put up gaudy numbers. He's having a very good playoffs and his stock seems to be rising.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Rabid Ranger said:
What exactly was expected of him? He averaged over a PPG as a rookie in a system that isn't exactly free-wheeling in a league that as a rule doesn't put up gaudy numbers. He's having a very good playoffs and his stock seems to be rising.

I think he actually overachieved a bit.

I expected him to be about 10 points below the amount of games he played and to be a little bit less of a factor as he has been.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Rabid Ranger said:

I think it was assumed around these boards that he was going to be one of the top players in the WHL and light the league on fire........100 points I would say most thought he would get....I dont know if there was ever a projections thread........but he just did not play that well compared to what most thought.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
There seems to be some controversy on his upside. What do people think he projects as? 1st line PF? Jason Allison type on the first line? Or more of a grinder that can score? Curious to hear any opinions, especially from people that have seen him play. Sounds like his all around game is very good, but I'm mostly curious about his offensive upside.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
I think it was assumed around these boards that he was going to be one of the top players in the WHL and light the league on fire........100 points I would say most thought he would get....I dont know if there was ever a projections thread........but he just did not play that well compared to what most thought.

I don't remember those theads, but I'm not sure too many people thought that Mueller would lead the league in scoring as a rookie. I know he battled some inconsistency at the beginning of the season but was a pretty reliable performer overall. I would say his season was a success, and it seems many scouts are very high on him.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Seph said:
There seems to be some controversy on his upside. What do people think he projects as? 1st line PF? Jason Allison type on the first line? Or more of a grinder that can score? Curious to hear any opinions, especially from people that have seen him play. Sounds like his all around game is very good, but I'm mostly curious about his offensive upside.

Mueller plays a very sublime game. He's not very flashy but does have elite skill (especially playmaking), good size, and decent skating ability. He's also known to be a competitor and have good leadership skills. I'm not sure who he reminds me of-maybe a bit like Dale Hawerchuk?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Rabid Ranger said:
Mueller plays a very sublime game. He's not very flashy but does have elite skill (especially playmaking), good size, and decent skating ability. He's also known to be a competitor and have good leadership skills. I'm not sure who he reminds me of-maybe a bit like Dale Hawerchuk?

Hawerchuk was a great passer but was known to be "lazy" at times.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Rabid Ranger said:
Pre-concussion Jason Allison maybe?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
boredmale said:
Hawerchuk was a great passer but was known to be "lazy" at times.

I don't think Mueller is lazy per se, but I think his frame and playmaking ability resembles Hawerchuk.

espo*

I liked the guys package from what i saw of him on t.v this year.

Big, smooth guy with good hands and good wheels.He has a lot of potential i'd say.He might get overlooked and end up picked too low and turn out to be one of the better guys this draft.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
cyclops said:
I liked the guys package from what i saw of him on t.v this year.

Big, smooth guy with good hands and good wheels.He has a lot of potential i'd say.He might get overlooked and end up picked too low and turn out to be one of the better guys this draft.

I think he's a guy that stands out more to a scout than your average fan. I know several scouts rate him very highly. He's a surefire top 10 pick IMO, likely going a couple of spots higher.

Transported Upstater

Anyone who expected big numbers from Mueller is forgetting several things:

1) He was a rookie
2) He was in the CHL's lowest scoring league by far
3) He plays for Everett, with a VERY defensive club. Constantine has the 'Tips playing an exclusively defense-first style.

espo*

Rabid Ranger said:
I think he's a guy that stands out more to a scout than your average fan. I know several scouts rate him very highly. He's a surefire top 10 pick IMO, likely going a couple of spots higher.
I agree.I liked his gifts myself and think that teams who by-pass him may live to regret that move.It seemed to me that the potential for him to be a real good top two or top line guy is there.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Rabid Ranger said:
I don't remember those theads, but I'm not sure too many people thought that Mueller would lead the league in scoring as a rookie. I know he battled some inconsistency at the beginning of the season but was a pretty reliable performer overall. I would say his season was a success, and it seems many scouts are very high on him.

I think that people def though the would light up the league and be one of the best players in it......hes not a 16 year old rookie in the league he was a rook in his draft elligible year.
I think he battled inconsistency all season and it caused him to fall down a lot of scouts rankings.....earlier in this year he was clearly thought of as the number 3 or 4 on the draft board...now i would be surprised if he goes before 6-7.....in fact he is my pick this year to be the guy who falls a little ways down when projected to be near the top.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
I think that people def though the would light up the league and be one of the best players in it......hes not a 16 year old rookie in the league he was a rook in his draft elligible year.
I think he battled inconsistency all season and it caused him to fall down a lot of scouts rankings.....earlier in this year he was clearly thought of as the number 3 or 4 on the draft board...now i would be surprised if he goes before 6-7.....in fact he is my pick this year to be the guy who falls a little ways down when projected to be near the top.

No offense meant, P-F, but what are you basing your "thoughts" on above? Did you see a story someplace, or overhear a conversation, in which Mueller was expected to "light up" the 'Dub as a rookie, on a team with a coach that's known to play a more defensive style?

To me, Mueller is a guy that, if I'm picking for the Blues and they get the third or fourth or fifth pick overall, he's the guy I want. A big, skilled, playmaking center that kind of flies under the radar. Having the flashy, "hey-look-at-me" kind of scoring forward is OK for some, but I don't know if that kind of guy would be a success in St. Louis.

This is a blue-collar town, and the hockey fans like their players to be blue-collar types... which is why Brett Hull, for all he did for hockey in St. Louis, was never King of the City in the same way that a Barclay Plager or a Brian Sutter was.

P_B

:bow: :blues

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Prussian_Blue said:
No offense meant, P-F, but what are you basing your "thoughts" on above? Did you see a story someplace, or overhear a conversation, in which Mueller was expected to "light up" the 'Dub as a rookie, on a team with a coach that's known to play a more defensive style?

To me, Mueller is a guy that, if I'm picking for the Blues and they get the third or fourth or fifth pick overall, he's the guy I want. A big, skilled, playmaking center that kind of flies under the radar. Having the flashy, "hey-look-at-me" kind of scoring forward is OK for some, but I don't know if that kind of guy would be a success in St. Louis.

This is a blue-collar town, and the hockey fans like their players to be blue-collar types... which is why Brett Hull, for all he did for hockey in St. Louis, was never King of the City in the same way that a Barclay Plager or a Brian Sutter was.

P_B

:bow: :blues

He was hyped huge on these boards at the start of the season.....I dont mind him and actually like his game.......but he didnt go forwards in the draft rankings throughout the year.......I dont think that many teams would take him over Staal or Toews at this point.....if any teams and thats what your saying you would do as a Blues fan.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
I thought Mueller lived up to expectations, and maybe even exceeded them. As has been mentioned, for a 17 year old rookie playing in the toughest junior league for a defense first team, his production was outstanding. He's the most important player on the Tips imo, and I think he IS one of the best forwards in the league. QBs their powerplay, takes (and wins) all the key draws, plays big minutes in all situations, and is the guy you want out there when you're up by one or down by one in the last minute.

The completeness of his game really stood out to me. He of course has plenty to learn still, but he plays like a veteran in the WHL, does the little things well, he's responsible defensively, and he's very smart on the ice. His speed isn't great, but he's strong on the puck and knows where to be on the ice. Great passer with a good hard shot from the point that he can get off well. His game should transfer very well to pro hockey, and I would expect the transition to be smooth. I would say he projects as a playmaking two way centre that might only be pigeon holed as a "second line" guy, but has intangibles that make him a very valuable commodity. A big strong skilled centre with a commitment to work in all three zones, good leadership, and very high hockey intelligence. A top 5 pick in my books.

PRB

Apr 29, 2005
Toronto, Canada
www.prbsports.com
What the physical element of his game like? Has he got a mean streak with his game and does he like to drop the mits if he has to?

Seems like the textbook powerforward from what I've read above and you cant beat the leadership qualitites.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Greg7 said:
I thought Mueller lived up to expectations, and maybe even exceeded them. As has been mentioned, for a 17 year old rookie playing in the toughest junior league for a defense first team, his production was outstanding. He's the most important player on the Tips imo, and I think he IS one of the best forwards in the league. QBs their powerplay, takes (and wins) all the key draws, plays big minutes in all situations, and is the guy you want out there when you're up by one or down by one in the last minute.

The completeness of his game really stood out to me. He of course has plenty to learn still, but he plays like a veteran in the WHL, does the little things well, he's responsible defensively, and he's very smart on the ice. His speed isn't great, but he's strong on the puck and knows where to be on the ice. Great passer with a good hard shot from the point that he can get off well. His game should transfer very well to pro hockey, and I would expect the transition to be smooth. I would say he projects as a playmaking two way centre that might only be pigeon holed as a "second line" guy, but has intangibles that make him a very valuable commodity. A big strong skilled centre with a commitment to work in all three zones, good leadership, and very high hockey intelligence. A top 5 pick in my books.

Have you seen either of Staal or Toews play much? How would Mueller compare to those two? I'm more interested in Staal, as I am concerned his name might get him a little more credit than he deserves.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
He was hyped huge on these boards at the start of the season.....I dont mind him and actually like his game.......but he didnt go forwards in the draft rankings throughout the year.......I dont think that many teams would take him over Staal or Toews at this point.....if any teams and thats what your saying you would do as a Blues fan.

He was hyped huge as a draft prospect and he still is if he's considered a top 5-10 pick...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad