MTS Centre upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
apparently these were just delivered this morning. I'm now confused on this scoreboard build Im thinking the white one is the bottom that faces the ice And the lit up on is in the centre of the scoreboard facing the longer sides of MTS

CLkwPznWsAANRb-.jpg

CLkwPzvXAAARhle.jpg

Last edited:

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
OMG that's nice. Im more confused than ever now though. where is the other one? or is that the same one?

This part
***update Just got confirmation on twitter that the lit up giant jets logo will hang from the bottom of the scoreboard and obviously the one your seeing will be stationary. I also have a feeling that half circle will have screens on it for scores/time and game play information thus saving the main screen for play action.

CK83DtHWsAEunYJ.jpg

Last edited:

Oilkountry

Apr 30, 2015
Jesus... 1200 wait list seats available in MTSC this season

924 non renews

Last edited:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
The only time I remember RCMP at a Jets game last year was at the second playoff game. Possibly because Stephen Harper was there that day...

RCMP - O Canada

OR, perhaps it was because they were making sure my brother or I didn't drop one of these again... :sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm:

Our Jets Will Fly -4- Ever

First pic is definitely Winnipeg Police Service, not RCMP. There would never be uniformed RCMP at a Jets game. It's common to see WPS walking around the MTS Centre though.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
First pic is definitely Winnipeg Police Service, not RCMP. There would never be uniformed RCMP at a Jets game. It's common to see WPS walking around the MTS Centre though.

As for WPS attending games. For sure, the WPS is always at games. Sometimes even walking around with dogs.

I have noticed over the years that certain teams may request police presence at the gate where they enter and exit the ice surface. Most teams are fine with MTS Security but the Capitals for example always have the WPS stationed at the entrance/exit.

As for the last game Harper attended his security detail was plain clothed individuals. They stuck out a little with their ear pieces and lack of white.:laugh:

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
As for WPS attending games. For sure, the WPS is always at games. Sometimes even walking around with dogs.

I have noticed over the years that certain teams may request police presence at the gate where they enter and exit the ice surface. Most teams are fine with MTS Security but the Capitals for example always have the WPS stationed at the entrance/exit.

As for the last game Harper attended his security detail was plain clothed individuals. They stuck out a little with their ear pieces and lack of white.:laugh:

The ones with the earpieces and vests stood out (by design), but you can bet there were probably a few more there that were disguised as white-out hooligans like the rest of us.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Jesus... 1200 wait list seats available in MTSC this season

924 non renews

That number doesn't seem right. If 1200 of the 924 are non-renewals, that leaves 276 people who moved off the wait list. They put in 278 loge seats.

So what happened to the seats of the people who didn't renew for the season since all the movement from the wait list is accounted for by the addition the loge seats?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
That number doesn't seem right. If 1200 of the 924 are non-renewals, that leaves 276 people who moved off the wait list. They put in 278 loge seats.

So what happened to the seats of the people who didn't renew for the season since all the movement from the wait list is accounted for by the addition the loge seats?

The math is wrong. It's 1200 seats which is 600 wait list spots. The early wait list allowed 1,2,3 or 4 seats. It no longer does.

I moved up 436 wait list spots last year from 3123 to 2687. Seems like a similar turnover happened this year. It will be interesting to see if they sell all the spots this year.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

I don't know how many seats P3-P4-P5 comprise but let's just ballpark it at around 6000. I think they said 96% renewal rate so that means 4% didn't. Four percent of 6000 is only 240 seats opening up. But it adds to the 278 loge seats.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada

I couldn't find it but I thought I remember reading a story about how Harper got his security detail to join in with the whiteout.

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
Harper's security was in lighter coloured suits than usual during the Whiteout. As for police at games, there's always one at the bottom of 107 before games -- could have something to do with the visiting team tunnel being right there. Once the game starts, MTSC security replaces him.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
It would be interesting to know of the 278 premium lodge..... How many did TNSE retain for game day sales or for advance NHL usage. If they retained say 20 % that's 55 tickets they would sell at game day price instead of season ticket price. If that's an avg of say 30% higher (A B C games) that would equate to an additional $ 100,000 per year profit based on a 45 game season. $ 150 k higher profit if they retained 30 % of the tickets
These new lodge seats are going to be in high demand and would be easy sells on a game to game basis. They are basically poor man private boxes with excellent sight lines.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
I doubt they retained 20%. I would guess a much lower number. Maybe 25 or 30 seats. It also really depends on what the front row 300s decided. TNSE claimed that they offered the loge seats to season ticket holders in the front row of the upper deck. If there was a high demand, that would have reduced the number they kept available for game days.

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
These new lodge seats are going to be in high demand and would be easy sells on a game to game basis. They are basically poor man private boxes with excellent sight lines.

That's what I'm hoping for ;) :naughty::naughty:

TNSE claimed that they offered the loge seats to season ticket holders in the front row of the upper deck. If there was a high demand, that would have reduced the number they kept available for game days.

I can confirm that they offered the loge seats to the STH in Row 1 as our group accepted the offer. However, I have heard that others, not in Row 1, got an offer as well. So enough Row 1 STH declined the offer that they decided to extend the offer to other STH but I don't know how they would have prioritized who to offer them to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad