Proposal: Mtl vs TBL

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
to Montreal: Alex barret boulet, 2021 2nd.

To TBL: arturri lehkonen(50% retained aav 1.2 mil).

I'm not sure what people would think of the value I personally like Alex BB alot but I guess it depends on how the lightnings value him. I really really like lehkonen also but watching him struggle every year because of the players he plays with is kinda depressing specially knowing he is better than the stats show. I really want him to revive his career and I don't think it will happen in mtl he is still relatively young at 24 and great on the pk and can contribute some points. Type of player all coaches like.

I value ABB at around a 2nd rd pick and basically gave lehkonen the value of Lars Eller when he was traded from Montreal a few years back.

Last edited:

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I added 50% retained which would bring his cap hit at 1.2 mil would that make a difference?

And I just thought he might be a good cheap replacement for gourde or killorn if they end up being traded.
well now you have a situation where the habs are retaining on a contract that seems weird to retain on. the lightning still need quite a bit of cap space to re-sign their big rfa's. a guy like barrie-boulet may replace one gourde or killorn if they get moved.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
ABB is going to be leaned on to step in as a cheap ELC contract on our bottom 9. We won't add Lekhonen retained for that. I don't mind Lekhonen, but rather would have ABB for future proofing. Also the 2nd is too high IMO.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
hmm this is a hard one. I've never seen a guy like Lek miss so many offensive chances. He works hard, earns those chances and nothing goes in. He is absolutely reliable defensively though, and this is where his value is hard to pin down. I think the difference between him and BB isnt a 2nd, but it's not horrible value. however, this makes no sense for TB in terms of cap, IMO.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
hmm this is a hard one. I've never seen a guy like Lek miss so many offensive chances. He works hard, earns those chances and nothing goes in. He is absolutely reliable defensively though, and this is where his value is hard to pin down. I think the difference between him and BB isnt a 2nd, but it's not horrible value. however, this makes no sense for TB in terms of cap, IMO.

???

Lehkonen is not even 2 years older than BB and he got 4 NHL seasons under his belt. You know what you’re getting with Lehkonen, he’s a known commodity. BB turning 23 in less than a month and still hasn’t played a single NHL game.

He’s putting up points in the AHL but sometimes - I’d say about half the time - these guys can’t make it into the big show. Charles Hudon being a prime example here. I wouldn’t take that chance if I were Bergevin

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
???

Lehkonen is not even 2 years older than BB and he got 4 NHL seasons under his belt. You know what you’re getting with Lehkonen, he’s a known commodity. BB turning 23 in less than a month and still hasn’t played a single NHL game.

He’s putting up points in the AHL but sometimes - I’d say about half the time - these guys can’t make it into the big show. Charles Hudon being a prime example here. I wouldn’t take that chance if I were Bergevin
You know what you get in Lehkonen and that’s a very average at best hockey player.

At least the Tampa guy has some upside to his game. Worth the risk as Lehkonen is a dime a dozen player

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If he didn’t have a french name there would be zero interest from him. Habs fans are so predictable sometimes....

Gaud

May 11, 2017
???

I get your point about a known commodity, but you can't use that and ignore ceiling.

Also, how much do you think Lekhonen is worth? If he starts putting up 20 goals a year again, he may have some real worth, but as it is now, he's a 3rd liner you put on defensive missions. How much more than a late second do you think lek is worth? BB is an undrafted prospect that looks to me like a B prospect right now, but his ceiling looks like 3rd line or better to me, not to mention that he is a center. C have more value than LW.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I get your point about a known commodity, but you can't use that and ignore ceiling.

Also, how much do you think Lekhonen is worth? If he starts putting up 20 goals a year again, he may have some real worth, but as it is now, he's a 3rd liner you put on defensive missions. How much more than a late second do you think lek is worth? BB is an undrafted prospect that looks to me like a B prospect right now, but his ceiling looks like 3rd line or better to me, not to mention that he is a center. C have more value than LW.

Habs have Domi, Danault, KK, Suzuki and Poehling as C's. Are they really going to trade Lehks for a pint-size 5'9 C that was undrafted and turning 23?? I swear to god, if his last name was Smith - this thread wouldn't exist.

There is ZERO interest in ABB. I can't think of a worse prospect to have a discussion over as he does not fit the Habs short or longterm needs. Although he is short.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
You know what you get in Lehkonen and that’s a very average at best hockey player.

At least the Tampa guy has some upside to his game. Worth the risk as Lehkonen is a dime a dozen player

Lehkonen is a very useful player. It’s not always about points buddy.

I don’t know. How much have Tampa Bay paid for Coleman and Goodrow? Just because a guy isn’t putting up 70+ points a year doesn’t mean his value is low-ish.

You’d have to think that a 24 years old solid 3rd liner putting up ~30 points a year with a spot on defensive game and solid forechecking making 2.2m would be worth more than a late 2nd round pick now, wouldn’t we?

BB is also turning 23 and have yet to see NHL game time. Charles Hudon had similar AHL stats at the same age and he was literally ignored by Vegas during the expansion draft. If BB was that good and ready, Tampa wouldn’t have felt the need to spend two 1st round pick and a borderline grade A prospect to fill the roster spots. They would have turned to BB

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
is there a good Floridan last name that we can discuss in a TB / Habs trade so that the Habs can fleece the TBL with a career AHL'er? Riley Barber for TBL 2nd?? Something like that? ;)

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
is there a good Floridan last name that we can discuss in a TB / Habs trade so that the Habs can fleece the TBL with a career AHL'er? Riley Barber for TBL 2nd?? Something like that? ;)

Lol good thing we dont have to worry about that. Why handicap/limit yourself?

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto
If he didn’t have a french name there would be zero interest from him. Habs fans are so predictable sometimes....

LOL what?? I couldn't care less if he had a girl name or a French name or a Chinese name I'm far from being " quebecois " myself and those things don't influence my decision one bit.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Also, how much do you think Lekhonen is worth? If he starts putting up 20 goals a year again, he may have some real worth, but as it is now, he's a 3rd liner you put on defensive missions. How much more than a late second do you think lek is worth?
How would this late 2nd help the Habs more than Lehkonen does? What would be the purpose of such a trade?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Lehkonen is a very useful player. It’s not always about points buddy.

I don’t know. How much have Tampa Bay paid for Coleman and Goodrow? Just because a guy isn’t putting up 70+ points a year doesn’t mean his value is low-ish.

You’d have to think that a 24 years old solid 3rd liner putting up ~30 points a year with a spot on defensive game and solid forechecking making 2.2m would be worth more than a late 2nd round pick now, wouldn’t we?

BB is also turning 23 and have yet to see NHL game time. Charles Hudon had similar AHL stats at the same age and he was literally ignored by Vegas during the expansion draft. If BB was that good and ready, Tampa wouldn’t have felt the need to spend two 1st round pick and a borderline grade A prospect to fill the roster spots. They would have turned to BB

Useful yes. Someone you give up potentially higher ceiling prospects for? Absolutely not.

25-30 point players are very easily found every year in free agency.

thebonscott

Jun 1, 2017
to Montreal: Alex barret boulet, 2021 2nd.

To TBL: arturri lehkonen(50% retained aav 1.2 mil).

I'm not sure what people would think of the value I personally like Alex BB alot but I guess it depends on how the lightnings value him. I really really like lehkonen also but watching him struggle every year because of the players he plays with is kinda depressing specially knowing he is better than the stats show. I really want him to revive his career and I don't think it will happen in mtl he is still relatively young at 24 and great on the pk and can contribute some points. Type of player all coaches like.

I value ABB at around a 2nd rd pick and basically gave lehkonen the value of Lars Eller when he was traded from Montreal a few years back.
No thank you. Another smurf. Not interested. If trading lehkonen....need somebody with size in return.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad