Confirmed Trade: [MTL/VAN] Tanner Pearson and 2025 3rd round pick for Casey DeSmith

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Not surprised he got traded, curious what Montreal's getting (or dumping) to take him. They don't really have a roster spot for Pearson.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
Lol k. Good defensively, has spurts where he's a productive player, but he's very slow at this point in his career.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
That infection and injury was scary last year. Somewhat surprised he’s going to play again - he’s been a pretty ok player when healthy but hard not to see him as damaged goods at this point. Never seen a hand injury turn into such a serious ordeal.

Canucks had to do something with salary. I’m sure it cost them something to move him.

If I’m the Habs - I’m taking the pick or whatever and probably not counting on Pearson even making the team.

Reactions: mazmin

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Lol k. Good defensively, has spurts where he's a productive player, but he's very slow at this point in his career.
And "at this point in his career" includes missing most of last year with injury.

Vancouver doesn't have their 2nd this year, maybe a 2nd 2025? It would seem a bit outrageous for them to pay a 1st? :dunno:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Maybe it’s a player for player swap, Canucks get a cheaper cost player? And the Montréal Canadiens get a third round draft pick maybe
What type of shit forward do you want ?

A not so skilled shit forward
A not very defensively aware shit forward
A I'm not sure why you're still in the NHL shit forward ?
A I thought you retired shit forward ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad