Proposal: MTL - VAN, MTL - BUF

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The problem with this trade is - EP and Eichel aren't available for trade. It would take a miracle to pry those franchise players who VAN/BUF are super, super high on - out of their teams. That's a losing hand going into this.

If either of Eichel or EP were actually put on the trading block - such an offer from Montreal could be considered, maybe

Reactions: shanwhatplan

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Clearly Van or Buffalo give up the best player in these trades....but that Montreal package is way too deep. Hell no would I make either of these trades.

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I believe that if the Habs are looking to trade for a #1 center they should not be inquiring about any rebuilding or building team’s #1 building block. It just doesn’t make sense to me for a team trying to build to be trading that kind of player.

Nipsey

Aug 8, 2018
Habs would definitely not trade
Suzuki + Domi + Rossi/Perfetti/Holtz + Caufield for Pettersson

I defenitly would as a Franchise center is the most important building block of a team. The Habs just can't seem to ever get one, its been too long. Ideally we dont give up those many pieces but thats what it will probaby take.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I defenitly would as a Franchise center is the most important building block of a team. The Habs just can't seem to ever get one, its been too long. Ideally we dont give up those many pieces but thats what it will probaby take.

Suzuki, Caufield, and our 8th pick all have the potential to be elite.

You dont give up four possible 60-70 pt players for one possible 80-90 pt player.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Suzuki, Caufield, and our 8th pick all have the potential to be elite.

You dont give up four possible 60-70 pt players for one possible 80-90 pt player.

You've used "possible" one too many times. Both Eichel and Pettersson are already 70 point players, both trending better than that until the season went all Covid on us.

The trade offers still stink out loud, I don't Montreal is in a position to give up players that could be even 50 point players so willy nilly, but mutliple "could be" players go for stars very frequently.

I'm also saying "star", not "franchise" because I want to be fair when comparing potential versus the level an asset is at already

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
To MTL:

Elias Pettersson
Nils Hoglander

Or

Jack Eichel
Casey Mittelstadt

To Van/Buf:

2020 8th overall
Cole Caufield
Nick Suzuki
Max Domi
2020 39th overall

Would this package from MTL get us a much needed elite 1C? Could add another prospect or pick. Also, that 2020 pick could potentially win the lottery.
Canucks decline. Absolutely atrocious.

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
then they should probably get their brain checked

I'd rather give Pettersson an OS then giving up the entire core. Pettersson is probably gonna make around the same as Eichel and i'd rather overpay for him with 4 first round picks at 12.5m, and no i don't think any player in the leauge is worth 4 first rounds with the exception of McDavid and young Crosby but it's still not as bad as moving the entire core. As i said, neither of the teams does it. Vancouver and Buffalo can't give up Pettersson or Eichel because they are going to be top 10 players for a long time and Habs can't do it because they can't sell the entire car to buy a really nice set of wheels.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
To MTL:

Elias Pettersson
Nils Hoglander

Or

Jack Eichel
Casey Mittelstadt

To Van/Buf:

2020 8th overall
Cole Caufield
Nick Suzuki
Max Domi
2020 39th overall

Would this package from MTL get us a much needed elite 1C? Could add another prospect or pick. Also, that 2020 pick could potentially win the lottery.

Absolutely not.

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
To MTL:

Elias Pettersson
Nils Hoglander

Or

Jack Eichel
Casey Mittelstadt

To Van/Buf:

2020 8th overall
Cole Caufield
Nick Suzuki
Max Domi
2020 39th overall

Taking away that Montreal nonsense the Petterson and Hoglander for jack and Casey is closer in value and funny enough a better proposal

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Gross for Vancouver.
I know every fanbase does this, but Montreal fans seem exceptionally bad at overvaluing their own players and proposing rip off trades.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I'd rather give Pettersson an OS then giving up the entire core. Pettersson is probably gonna make around the same as Eichel and i'd rather overpay for him with 4 first round picks at 12.5m, and no i don't think any player in the leauge is worth 4 first rounds with the exception of McDavid and young Crosby but it's still not as bad as moving the entire core. As i said, neither of the teams does it. Vancouver and Buffalo can't give up Pettersson or Eichel because they are going to be top 10 players for a long time and Habs can't do it because they can't sell the entire car to buy a really nice set of wheels.
Vancouver matches that instantly.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
The entire Montreal organization put together doesnt get you Pettersson/Eichel.

To get players like that pray your team drafts high enough in the right draft year.

Last edited:

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Deals terrible for Vancouver and Buffalo. Off topic but I wonder who has more value the unknown second round pick in Hoglander or the busting top 10 pick in Mittelstadt. Don’t think either will be an impact NHLer but a little food for thought.

probably hoglander the way he is trending

MTL doesnt have the pieces to acquire a 21-22 year old franchise C and those guys are never moved anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad