Proposal: MTL / SJS

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal trades:

1st rd pick 2021 + Drouin (5.5m cap hit) + Lehkonen (2.4m cap hit) = 7.9m

San Jose trades:

Kane (7m cap hit) + Gabriel (.7m cap hit) = 7.7m

*NOTE* I think there would need to be some sort of a condition added here in case Kane doesn't complete his contract. Kane would also have to waive his NMC.
  • This gives Montreal some much needed jam with a physical scoring winger that can get other teams distracted, as well as an enforcer who is making a name for himself and adding value to his current team.
  • San Jose rids of any problems associated with Kane, and gets good value in return for Gabriel with the packaged deal (possibly even overvalued with Lehkonen added here).
Thoughts? Try not to shoot this down with snarky comments... its just a Sunday morning trade proposal from a bored fan...

Reactions: PatrickMcC

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Sure. I like Kane, but his contract could cause us trouble long term. Adding two roster forwards would be good and they're both short term. And a 1st is good.

MisterT

Nov 29, 2006
Over-rating Drouin, who at $5.5M for his production/game, is closer to being a dump.

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Add a bottle of lube going to SJ and it’s about even. Why is SJ giving up the the best player and a 1st lol.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
The last thing the Sharks need is more middle 6 wingers. Kane has probably been our best player this year. I haven’t seen any effect on the team or his individual play coming from his BK problems. This trade makes no sense for the Sharks.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
That's an easy no from the Sharks
Not going to get any teams top scorer for that
A 1st and a couple of cap dumps.
Um.... what did SJ trade for Kane in the 1st place?

I mean, it's fine if you don't think this helps your team, but this is a better deal than what you gave to get him.

And both Drouin and Lehkonen would be improvements on several Sharks Fs.

Again, I understand not wanting to deal away the best player in the deal, but the rest of your answer seems a bit off.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Um.... what did SJ trade for Kane in the 1st place?

I mean, it's fine if you don't think this helps your team, but this is a better deal than what you gave to get him.

And both Drouin and Lehkonen would be improvements on several Sharks Fs.

Again, I understand not wanting to deal away the best player in the deal, but the rest of your answer seems a bit off.
Not relevant
Says you. Not going to gut our 1st line to bolster the bottom 6

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Nothing for guys like Drouin and Lehkonen.

In the world of cap dumps, Vlasic is like, the epitome of cap dumps.

@ 5.5M for a 50-60pts winger, Drouin is overpaid by what, 1M?

Vlasic is over paid by what, 60% of his salary?

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Not that I doubt your sources, but wondering why that would be.
Kane hated WPG and while I know they arent near the same city, they both come with the hyper media focus of a Canadian team, as well as the more conservative Canadian fans. Kane being in SJ has been the first time the media stuff hasn't overwhelmed and attacked him and I doubt hes looking to go to a very high pressure environment with his current financial issues.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

While asking us to take on a few million in unneeded players. I get Vlasic is a dump but I’m not throwing first rounders out to get rid of him. I’m moving wanted pieces, probably wingers, or I’ll take the buyout when it’s convenient. At least he’s been a competent 3rd pairing guy. He still adds some value to the lineup so either move him for something that actually makes sense for the team or ride it out a bit.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
the 1st is nice, but not packaged with two negative-value cap dumps for who is far and away our best player right now.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Value aside I don't think Montreal is going to be on the three team trade list Kane will submit should he be shopped for a trade.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Stop being a homer.

60 points? He's never got that. And probably never will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad