Proposal: MTL-SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Hey @Garbageyuk, you seem to be arguing with nearly everyone here and think that non-Habs fans are being unfair. What do you think of my opinion? I'm very much on both sides here and the Habs fan in me would leap at your proposal, while the Sharks fan in me chuckled at it.
First, I don’t think any of the opinions themselves are unfair. People are entitled to them. It’s the toxicity I have a problem with. You’ll notice that everyone who was respectful got the same back from me, regardless of whether we agreed or not, even guys who were previously being hostile.

Second, to be quite frank, I don’t think of your opinion as any different than any other Sharks fan. You’ve always been a Sharks fan first and foremost, and are biased towards them in any debate. I’ve seen it first hand on the Habs board, and especially the main boards many times over the years. You also often like to play up the “crazy Habs fans” narrative on the main boards with fans of other teams, being sure to let everyone know you’re not like the rest of us lmao. You renounced yourself as a fan for years after PK got traded I think it was 😂.

Lastly, it’s all good. We don’t have to agree, and you don’t have to like the proposal. Your opinion on the matter has been duly noted lol.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
First, I don’t think any of the opinions themselves are unfair. People are entitled to them. It’s the toxicity I have a problem with. You’ll notice that everyone who was respectful got the same back from me, regardless of whether we agreed or not, even guys who were previously being hostile.

Second, to be quite frank, I don’t think of your opinion as any different than any other Sharks fan. You’ve always been a Sharks fan first and foremost, and are biased towards them in any debate. I’ve seen it first hand on the Habs board, and especially the main boards many times over the years. You also often like to play up the “crazy Habs fans” narrative on the main boards with fans of other teams, being sure to let everyone know you’re not like the rest of us lmao. You renounced yourself as a fan for years after PK got traded I think it was 😂.

Lastly, it’s all good. We don’t have to agree, and you don’t have to like the proposal. Your opinion on the matter has been duly noted lol.
respectful reply

Reactions: Xirik

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
9cf

• Haha
Reactions: OversKy

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Woah. Par for the course for you here, suffice to say... You're way off base on a LOT. You do this to yourself. Maybe you just confuse yourself when attacking everyone, which is understandable when you're on an island all by yourself.

Reactions: Xirik

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Woah. Par for the course for you here, suffice to say... You're way off base on a LOT. You do this to yourself. Maybe you just confuse yourself when attacking everyone, which is understandable when you're on an island all by yourself.
I haven’t attacked anyone, only critiqued opinions and defended my own. And you literally asked for my thoughts on your own opinion. Sorry it wasn’t what you wanted to hear.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I haven’t attacked anyone, only critiqued opinions and defended my own. And you literally asked for my thoughts on your own opinion. Sorry it wasn’t what you wanted to hear.
You have been trying to pick a fight with everyone here since not a single person agrees with you. The bolded is... Ironic.

OversKy

Oct 12, 2023
I also love the idea that Mesar, a 5’10” forward who barely put up a PPG in the OHL as a D+2 player, has any value at all.
I saw him live a few times in the OHL a year ago and thought he was a floater, didn't understand the draft hype.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
sharks can still win twice in 5 years, that rule applies to advancing position so since the sharks didn't change position they can still win the lottery the max amount of times
False.

Go read the rules. Sharks still won the lottery this year and. Therefore can only draft 1st OA once more in the next 4 years.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Which ones project better than Muk? Let's see the names you list and some reasons.

You realize you are the one who started this thread, and not one non-MTL fan has agreed with it as a premise.

Mailloux has the edge on Muk. One year younger and both had similar stats in the AHL last year.

Solid debate between Struble and Muk. Struble has shown maturity very quickly. You're probably going to get offended by this but it's close between these two today. Story could change this season though and Muk passes him. That's difficult to guess on. Struble is underrated due to how fast he moved through the AHL and shown maturity at the NHL level.

I'd say edge to Muk over Barron but another close one. Need more time to evaluate. Barron issue is maturity at the NHL level and that remains to be determined with Muk at the NHL level. With Barron, you got that rare size/skating/shot power. Once he figures out the maturity part, he's going to be a top 4D in the NHL. Probably only shows his true potential from age 25-30 range like so many D in the NHL today. Habs fans don't have patience with Barron but they should.

I'd have Hutson and Reinbacher ahead of Muk.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
False.

Go read the rules. Sharks still won the lottery this year and. Therefore can only draft 1st OA once more in the next 4 years.

I never got the confident answer to this yet (just a bunch of fans guessing). Does finishing last and winning the lottery count? Habs are in that same conversation in terms of us finishing last and taking Slaf 1st.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I saw him live a few times in the OHL a year ago and thought he was a floater, didn't understand the draft hype.

His D+2 was better than his D+1. He's not a goal scorer type IMO. He's a great skater with very good vision/play making. His international numbers with players his own age is very solid. I project him as a middle 6F if he reaches his potential in the NHL.

Not a grade A but certainly a B+ type prospect. No way any team trades a pick around 24-27 and a Grade A prospect to move down 10-15 spots.

Don’t think so. They didn’t move up so they can win again. Believe the worst team doesn’t get docked a draft win.

This is what I believe as well but I'm not 100% sure.

Well said. A lot of fans need to learn how to talk vs yell or belittle others. This "got cha game" is stupid but it's an embedded culture on these boards.

Reactions: Garbageyuk

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
False.

“The 2024 NHL Draft Lottery marked the third year for the implementation of a limit on how many times a team can win a lottery draw. No single team can advance in the draft order by reason of winning a Lottery Draw more than two times in any five-year period. This limitation will not affect a club’s ability to retain its presumptive draft position in any Draft Lottery, nor would it preclude the possibility of the club moving down in draft order to the extent other clubs advance by reason of winning the Lottery Draws. For purposes of clarity, the limitation would attach to the team, not the specific pick.”

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Mailloux has the edge on Muk. One year younger and both had similar stats in the AHL last year.

Solid debate between Struble and Muk. Struble has shown maturity very quickly. You're probably going to get offended by this but it's close between these two today. Story could change this season though and Muk passes him. That's difficult to guess on. Struble is underrated due to how fast he moved through the AHL and shown maturity at the NHL level.

I'd say edge to Muk over Barron but another close one. Need more time to evaluate. Barron issue is maturity at the NHL level and that remains to be determined with Muk at the NHL level. With Barron, you got that rare size/skating/shot power. Once he figures out the maturity part, he's going to be a top 4D in the NHL. Probably only shows his true potential from age 25-30 range like so many D in the NHL today. Habs fans don't have patience with Barron but they should.

I'd have Hutson and Reinbacher ahead of Muk.
neither struble, mailloux, reinbacher or hutson were offered by op. if mailloux, reinbacher or hutson were in the proposal, sharks fans would probably have received it much better.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
neither struble, mailloux, reinbacher or hutson were offered by op. if mailloux, reinbacher or hutson were in the proposal, sharks fans would probably have received it much better.

Mailloux, Reinbacher, Hutson won't be offered.

Possible that Struble or Barron could be on the table though. Harris as well but I think he projects to be a bottom pairing guy and Struble/Barron have better probability at reaching top 4D.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
“The 2024 NHL Draft Lottery marked the third year for the implementation of a limit on how many times a team can win a lottery draw. No single team can advance in the draft order by reason of winning a Lottery Draw more than two times in any five-year period. This limitation will not affect a club’s ability to retain its presumptive draft position in any Draft Lottery, nor would it preclude the possibility of the club moving down in draft order to the extent other clubs advance by reason of winning the Lottery Draws. For purposes of clarity, the limitation would attach to the team, not the specific pick.”
We went over this when we won the lottery as well.

Reactions: WSS11

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Thrun and Mukhamadullin exist and Cagnoni just broke a WHL record

If Barron and Harris had 2nd pairing D upside Habs wouldn't trade them
Tbh

It doesn't matter if they had 2nd pairing upside, we're stacked at D with young Dmen that can play right now and have to move some, both Guys have 3rd pairing potential but I'd say they have the upside and possibility to be 2nd pairing too

Habs could trade any of their D this off season even guys like Matheson, Guhle etc

Also from a Habs pov, that's not the trade I do, I see a strong top 12 this year and odds are none will be available at 14. A major drop off occurs at 14-15 and the value of that pick and 25 isn't that far off

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Well, I'd say it's hard to tell, because my top-15, your top-15 and someone else's won't be a perfect overlap, so my scenario is as likely as any other.

I think it's more that there's a perception of infallibility, a honeymoon period where everything looks great, because the first moves are the easiest, even more in a forced rebuild where immediate wins aren't real important.

Selling off Toffoli, Chiarot and co was easy enough. It's when you have to pick who to keep, get a return for your surplus, and fill needs in the process, that the job becomes harder.
Celebrini
Demidov
Levshunov
Silyaev
Lindstrom
Iginla
Sennecke
Buium
Dickinson
Yakmechuk
Helenius
Catton
Parekh

I feel that that top 13 is gone in the 13 first picks and can't think of anyone except Eiserman crossing thru the top 13.

Personally after the top 13, I have like 15 names in the same tier and would just go off that

I ain't making that trade (OP) to end up with Eiserman or even Catton which I have as the 13th on that list

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You have been trying to pick a fight with everyone here since not a single person agrees with you. The bolded is... Ironic.

Nah, he's defending his ground (right or wrong) and posters are ganging up on him. Typical day in HF world. Been there and done that.

It's not easy to post trade ideas on these boards. How often do you do it? Or are you just here to comment and not stretch yourself too much? Play safe?

Celebrini
Demidov
Levshunov
Silyaev
Lindstrom
Iginla
Sennecke
Buium
Dickinson
Yakmechuk
Helenius
Catton
Parekh

I feel that that top 13 is gone in the 13 first picks and can't think of anyone except Eiserman crossing thru the top 13.

Personally after the top 13, I have like 15 names in the same tier and would just go off that

I ain't making that trade (OP) to end up with Eiserman or even Catton which I have as the 13th on that list

Catton and Eiserman are certainly in that mix and rightly so.

I can't wait for the "redrafts" in 3+ years. I think this moves around a lot! More than your average redraft narrative.

Listen to Bob M who is more right than wrong. He said he has not seen this in 35+ years of him doing draft rankings. Very unpredictable after Celebrini.

I also don't think we know for sure how much it drops after the top 15. Lets not play expert scouts as fans.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Nah, he's defending his ground (right or wrong) and posters are ganging up on him. Typical day in HF world. Been there and done that.

It's not easy to post trade ideas on these boards. How often do you do it? Or are you just here to comment and not stretch yourself too much? Play safe?

Catton and Eiserman are certainly in that mix and rightly so.

I can't wait for the "redrafts" in 3+ years. I think this moves around a lot! More than your average redraft narrative.

Listen to Bob M who is more right than wrong. He said he has not seen this in 35+ years of him doing draft rankings. Very unpredictable after Celebrini.

I also don't think we know for sure how much it drops after the top 15. Lets not play expert scouts as fans.
Making a bad proposal and "standing your ground" isn't a badge of honour. Who cares if I make proposals?

Everyone says the offer sucks and he's arguing with everyone. Again, nothing one should be proud of there. Are you him?

Reactions: themelkman

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Making a bad proposal and "standing your ground" isn't a badge of honour. Who cares if I make proposals?

Everyone says the offer sucks and he's arguing with everyone. Again, nothing one should be proud of there.

Why attack someone even if you think it's a "BAD" proposal or it "Sucks"? Just speak your context and be respectful. Avoid trigger words and this place will be much better. I'm sure you get the point. I've fell into this trap many times and I try my best not to anymore.

Trade ideas will vary and posters just need to come to grips with it. Way too many posters hiding in the shadows nit picking others and never propose anything themselves. Maybe not you but some are here to just here to laugh at others and the gullible ones jump on the belittle bandwagon party. Horrible culture

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Why attack someone even if you think it's a "BAD" proposal or it "Sucks"? Just speak your context and be respectful. Avoid trigger words and this place will be much better. I'm sure you get the point.

Trade ideas will vary and posters just need to come to grips with it.
Thanks for the motherly advice.

He put out the idea and everyone shot it down. Maybe instead of getting defensive, just accept that the initial idea was bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad