Proposal: MTL-SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
it’s crazy because I actually don’t hate Barron, and if the ask was a 4th I would probably take a flier on him, but he’s never going to get a early second.
hes getting Eichel in a camp dump maneuver move where Evans and Barron somehow return Eichel and Vegas gets their cap cheating ways solved by the cosmic universe of HF straw men.....or maybe not. What do I know?

GRANdSharks

Mar 14, 2018
Surprised you believe Isles didnt do good until now.

They have a hard-hitting dman signed on great contract who played 2 full seasons. They added a 3rd.

Mtl got 60 games from Dach who is 1 yr younger. And gave away 2 picks (2nd a 3rd).

Chi has 2 futures but nothing yet.
I'm just really bullish on frank nazar who ended up going with the pick iirc I also haven't had a chance to watch many isles games so Im not keeping up to date

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
Barron can't get a fan from another team to even reply on this message board besides me mocking how often he's offered....
Barron is tough to love at this time as he played 2nd part of the season in the AHL where he did very little offensively as advertised 11 pts in 32 games?

If he cannot generate offense, he becomes pretty much useless.

Right side was weak as … with Savard and Kovacevic to beat.

Lehkonen trade, not a win in my book.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
You've used "straw man", "Moving goal posts" and "revisionist history" all in one page. You win the ultimate HFboards clique prize of........regurgitating dumb phrases to try and sound smart while supporting your point.
Hmm, it’s almost like biased fans don’t argue in good faith and rely on logical fallacies to argue their points, shocking, I know.

It would be regurgitating if they all weren’t actually going on here, but alas. Do you not know what those phrases mean? I wouldn’t be surprised, considering one of you literally isn’t able to do basic grade school math, made a public display of it, and doubled down, even after being told more than once.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Barron is tough to love at this time as he played 2nd part of the season in the AHL where he did very little offensively as advertised 11 pts in 32 games?

If he cannot generate offense, he becomes pretty much useless.

Right side was weak as … with Savard and Kovacevic to beat.

Lehkonen trade, not a win in my book.
he should definitely be the focal point of most Habs trades then lol, everyone clearly wants him....(crickets)

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
I'm just really bullish on frank nazar who ended up going with the pick iirc I also haven't had a chance to watch many isles games so Im not keeping up to date
Ok. Nazar seems nice but nothing so far was my point. isles got something and still do.

Plus pick Isaiah George playing nice role in London OHL championship run.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Hmm, it’s almost like biased fans don’t argue in good faith, shocking, I know.

It would be regurgitating if they all weren’t actually going on here, but alas. Do you not know what those phrases mean? I wouldn’t be surprised, considering one of you literally isn’t able to do basic grade school math, made a public display of it, and doubled down, even after being told more than once.
Too rich.
Well, he wouldn't be the only dog with a bone posting in this thread

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
he should definitely be the focal point of most Habs trades then lol, everyone clearly wants him....(crickets)
No but Romanov brought back a first so why not him, Harris, Struble or Savard.

Rinse and repeat.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Hmm, it’s almost like biased fans don’t argue in good faith and rely on logical fallacies to argue their points, shocking, I know.

I don't even know who you are talking about, I'm just here to tell you Barron sucks and holds nowhere near the value you think and it's watered down and proven by the fact even single Habs fan includes him in their trades and I find it funny. I'm also here to tell people using phrases like straw man etc. make you look pretentious and dumb. I know what all the phrases mean I just choose not to use them and look ridiculous trying to use them to talk down to people on a message board about our shitty teams.

Reactions: OversKy and WSS11

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Any other Habs fans see the thread title and said "oh for f***s sake not again" and then opened the thread and breathed a sigh of relief when it wasn't a dumbass proposal for the 1st overall pick?

Or was it just me?
Maybe but it was a dumbass proposal for the 14th overall so sort of the same thing

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I don't even know who you are talking about, I'm just here to tell you Barron sucks and holds nowhere near the value you think and it's watered down and proven by the fact even single Habs fan includes him in their trades and I find it funny. I'm also here to tell people using phrases like straw man etc. make you look pretentious and dumb. I know what all the phrases mean I just choose not to use them and look ridiculous trying to use them to talk down to people on a message board about our shitty teams.
How is it pretentious when these posters are literally employing these tactics? How else are you going to describe them? If you actually did have a good understanding of what they mean, or gave enough of a shit to be impartial here, whatever the case may be, you’d know there’s nothing “pretentious” about calling a spade a spade.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
How is it pretentious when these posters are literally employing these tactics? How else are you going to describe them? If you actually did have a good understanding of what they mean, or gave enough of a shit to be impartial here, whatever the case may be, you’d know there’s nothing “pretentious” about calling a spade a spade.

keep em coming man. It's probably one of those "the more you hear it" kinda things lol

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Maybe but it was a dumbass proposal for the 14th overall so sort of the same thing
Again:

Romanov + 4th for 13th overall.

27th + two 2nds for 11th overall.

When was the last time the 1st overall pick was traded?

It’s not at all the same thing, but being disingenuous and unable to understand nuance is clearly a special talent of yours, so go off, king.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Again:

Romanov + 4th for 13th overall.

27th + two 2nds for 11th overall.

When was the last time the 1st overall pick was traded?

It’s not at all the same thing, but being disingenuous and unable to understand nuance is clearly a special talent of yours, so go off, king.
My god man how can you dig your heels in this deep and be this dense? Your proposal sucks for the sharks. Get over it. You’ve been told by every sharks fan in this thread that they don’t want to move that pick for your horrible spare part package.

Reactions: OversKy and Grinner

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
keep em coming man. It's probably one of those "the more you hear it" kinda things lol
“HaHa! ThiS gUy iS uSinG fiGuRaTive LanGuAge aNd ThAt FuNnY!”

I know you thought this was some kind of witty insult, but you’re really just embarrassing yourself.

My god man how can you dig your heels in this deep and be this dense? Your proposal sucks for the sharks. Get over it. You’ve been told by every sharks fan in this thread that they don’t want to move that pick for your horrible spare part package.
Dude, I told you on page 1 when you were whining your face off there to leave if you don’t like it. Why are you still here, if it’s so dumb and beneath you? Looks like I’m not the one who needs to get over it. More than half your posts in this thread are just you whining and crying about the topic.

• Haha
Reactions: OversKy

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

I know you thought this was some kind of witty insult, but you’re really just embarrassing yourself.

Dude, I told you on page 1 when you were whining your face off there to leave if you don’t like it. Why are you still here, if it’s so dumb and beneath you? Looks like I’m not the one who needs to get over it. More than half your posts in this thread are just you whining and crying about the topic.
Considering I wasn’t on page 1 you got me confused with someone else.

Can you tell me again what the point of a forum is? It’s discussion. Discussion about other teams needs is generally a pretty good idea when proposing a trade. You haven’t once stopped to ask sharks fans, okay what does your team need. You keep preaching this “then leave” bullshit and refuse to acknowledge that your proposal doesn’t come close to meeting Sharks needs even ignoring value.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020

Hey man I want to tell you that I think you are about to convince us Sharks fans that this would be a good trade for us. Just a few more posts and I think we'll be convinced.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Considering I wasn’t on page 1 you got me confused with someone else.

Can you tell me again what the point of a forum is? It’s discussion. Discussion about other teams needs is generally a pretty good idea when proposing a trade. You haven’t once stopped to ask sharks fans, okay what does your team need. You keep preaching this “then leave” bullshit and refuse to acknowledge that your proposal doesn’t come close to meeting Sharks needs even ignoring value.
Whatever page, doesn’t matter. The point still stands. Like I said, half your posts in this thread aren’t trying to discuss or debate anything - it’s just you whining and crying about how you don’t like the topic.

Hey man I want to tell you that I think you are about to convince us Sharks fans that this would be a good trade for us. Just a few more posts and I think we'll be convinced.
Hey man, you’re late to the party. It’s been 9 pages. Nice troll post though.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Whatever page, doesn’t matter. The point still stands. Like I said, half your posts in this thread aren’t trying to discuss or debate anything - it’s just you whining and crying about how you don’t like the topic.

Hey man, you’re late to the party. It’s been 9 pages. Nice troll post though.
So this is yet again you refusing to acknowledge others points and complaining that discussion isn’t happening. Not once have you attempted to facilitate a discussion. This entire thread has been you spewing shit into the ether hoping it works. Not once have you tried to understand Sharks fans points. Not once have you shown any effort or respect to other people’s views. Yet you continue to demand that we respect yours.

I do commend you for sticking to your opinion and your ideas. Issue is you haven’t even tried to back them up when asked to do so. You just complain that we are “whining” when we disagree. Heads up man! Not everyone that disagrees with you is whining.

Reactions: Xirik

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
So this is yet again you refusing to acknowledge others points and complaining that discussion isn’t happening. Not once have you attempted to facilitate a discussion. This entire thread has been you spewing shit into the ether hoping it works. Not once have you tried to understand Sharks fans points. Not once have you shown any effort or respect to other people’s views. Yet you continue to demand that we respect yours.

I do commend you for sticking to your opinion and your ideas. Issue is you haven’t even tried to back them up when asked to do so. You just complain that we are “whining” when we disagree. Heads up man! Not everyone that disagrees with you is whining.
You’re right, not everyone. Mostly just you and a couple others. And I’m not complaining about anything. I don’t want a discussion with you. I’ve already told you that, but you keep quoting my posts.

I’ve acknowledged several poster’s points in the thread - the ones who actually have one other than whining about the thread.

You on the other hand, have attempted to be hostile, condescending, and sarcastic since the beginning and have added nothing to the discussion.

So don’t try to backpedal now and pretend you want an honest debate or discussion. Again, I invite you to leave. You’ve said your piece incessantly.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You’re right, not everyone. Mostly just you and a couple others. And I’m not complaining about anything. I don’t want a discussion with you. I’ve already told you that m, but you keep quoting my posts.

I’ve acknowledged several poster’s points in the thread - the ones who actually have one other than whining about the thread.

You on the other hand, have attempted to be hostile, condescending, and sarcastic since the beginning and have added nothing to the discussion.

So don’t try to backpedal now and pretend you want an honest debate or discussion. Again, I invite you to leave. You’ve said your piece incessantly.
Alright man. You continue digging your head in the sand. You refuse to have a conversation with me because I’ve asked you to show your work. There’s your true colors. :laugh: congrats.

Reactions: Xirik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad