Proposal: MTL & OTT

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I think it's a little sad, that every star who plays for the Sens, eventually wants out.............maybe if you could fill your rink once in a while besides when you play habs or leafs, that would help!! lol

Cheers
It's gonna be ok man, don't take yourself so seriously.
They’re averaging 17,500 for a team that’s missed the playoffs since 2017.
Don’t worry you’ll be ok.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
You think multiple sources made up the same story?
His father did the same, his brother did the same and they were rumblings a few years back as well.

In my opinion, Ottawa has enough grit and toughness, they need to learn to play to win. A lot of forwards are not playing the 200ft game in Ottawa. Not because they can't, but they aren't buying in. Is it the coach? Is it big egos? Just learning process? Who knows, but the talent has been there for a few years now and they wins aren't coming.

No multiple sources did not make up the same story. One source made up the story and have acknowledged they make up stories - enter Ryan Whitney and the rumour boys on Spitting Chicklets.
THEN one other ‘source’ ran with that rumour. (Merci Lavoie!)
Also NO there were also no previous rumours.
Hope that clears that up for you.

As far as what the Sens need?
You don’t know what you’re talking about, which is Ok - you aren’t a Sens fan day to day so I take all that with a grain of Salt.
I’ll explain for you.
Our goalies are quite literally HISTORICALLY bad.
Team has completely changed under Martin, and they are certainly making good progress.

You’re welcome.

• Haha
Reactions: jfhabs

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
They’re averaging 17,500 for a team that’s missed the playoffs since 2017.
Don’t worry you’ll be ok.
My friend was there last week, Vegas and Dallas.............said the building attendance and what was announced is not even close......
All teams have fans who pay for tickets, and don't show up...............remember the tarp up top to close off part of the upper bowl sections?
Anyhow, we all know this happens to the teams at the bottom.....it happens to all of them, including teams like the habs, Buffalo etc
You have to win, in a gate driven league, even when seats get paid for, is no guarantee someone will show up and sit there......

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
My friend was there last week, Vegas and Dallas.............said the building attendance and what was announced is not even close......
All teams have fans who pay for tickets, and don't show up...............remember the tarp up top to close off part of the upper bowl sections?
Anyhow, we all know this happens to the teams at the bottom.....it happens to all of them, including teams like the habs, Buffalo etc
You have to win, in a gate driven league, even when seats get paid for, is no guarantee someone will show up and sit there......
I was at the vegas game. Sure looked sold out to me.

Not calling your friend a liar though. Maybe he's just stupid?
/s

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
You think multiple sources made up the same story?
His father did the same, his brother did the same and they were rumblings a few years back as well.

In my opinion, Ottawa has enough grit and toughness, they need to learn to play to win. A lot of forwards are not playing the 200ft game in Ottawa. Not because they can't, but they aren't buying in. Is it the coach? Is it big egos? Just learning process? Who knows, but the talent has been there for a few years now and they wins aren't coming.

Ottawa does not have enough grit and toughness lol.

I think it's a little sad, that every star who plays for the Sens, eventually wants out.............maybe if you could fill your rink once in a while besides when you play habs or leafs, that would help!! lol

Cheers
It's gonna be ok man, don't take yourself so seriously.

What? They haven't had issues selling tickets this year lol

Are you talking about the Melnyk years?

jfhabs

May 21, 2015

Maybe more would be better, I guess that's subjective.

Many teams with less toughness/grit have more success than they have. Look at the Leafs for example, this year they got a bit tougher, but overall very soft team with excellent regular season results.

It doesn't explain Ottawa's mediocre performances over the past few years.

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
He doesn’t want to be traded.
That’s like saying Suzuki wants to be traded.
if he doesn't want to be traded then Ottawa have no reason to trade their best player . That means all the rumors are made up by the insiders & media. There are no Suzuki trade rumors .

Reactions: BLONG7

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
if he doesn't want to be traded then Ottawa have no reason to trade their best player . That means all the rumors are made up by the insiders & media. There are no Suzuki trade rumors .
Ya Ryan Whitney, who said only last week, he makes up rumours lol.
Now you’re catching on,

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

No..........we are talking bodies in those seats............the place is not as full as the attendance man says.....it's been like this in many barns over the years.
Not sure why everyone gets offended...it happens.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
No..........we are talking bodies in those seats............the place is not as full as the attendance man says.....it's been like this in many barns over the years.
The league put a kibosh on papering the house about 8 years ago.
Try and keep up with the times.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Montreal will take Tkachuk in exchange for a years supply of free coupons to La Banquise, Cafe Cleopatra, Schwartz' deli, and St Viateur Bagel.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Its even more absurd when you consider that the employer of 1/10th of the city isnt able to accept or give out tickets. Is the argument that Ottawas high-flying elite are buying tickets but not going because the team isnt good enough? If so, the folks youre arguing with are even mor cunning and clever than I ever imagined

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Maybe more would be better, I guess that's subjective.

Many teams with less toughness/grit have more success than they have. Look at the Leafs for example, this year they got a bit tougher, but overall very soft team with excellent regular season results.

It doesn't explain Ottawa's mediocre performances over the past few years.

Oh for sure. They've sucked for a long time and the reason isn't toughness or lack of toughness.

I just think most of their fans would want more jam. Other than Tkachuk and Greig, the other players interest is very inconsistent. The fans I think are pretty unanimous in thinking they need more players like Tkachuk and Greig, and not less.

That's all I was saying. I agree though that getting more toughness wouldn't make them good but it would help them actually make noise in the playoffs if ever they became good.

Ideally you could have a Tkachuk/Greig on each line.

Oh, well I agree. But I'd say it's the same in every building.

For example, I've seen listed sell outs in Toronto and Montreal with 100s of empty seats.

Same with Ottawa, so you're right.

Are they buying food? Are they gone to the washrooms? Are they staying home? I dunno.

I don't think I've ever seen a sellout game without empty seats though. I think the closest I've seen to every seat packed was Canada vs USA in salt Lake city 2002. But it's not an NHL game.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Keep up with the times?
Again...............a friend of mine ( who is a Sens fan ) went to the games LAST WEEKEND whicih was Vegas and Dallas and said the building was nowhere near the attendance announced......

I will let him know, that the ill offended crew of Sens fans have an issue with his take.

Cheers.................

Keep up with the times?
Again...............a friend of mine ( who is a Sens fan ) went to the games LAST WEEKEND whicih was Vegas and Dallas and said the building was nowhere near the attendance announced......

I will let him know, that the ill offended crew of Sens fans have an issue with his take.

Cheers.................

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Keep up with the times?

Cheers.................

Keep up with the times?

Cheers.................

You’re repeating yourself, told me the same thing twice, in last post.
I was at a Habs game in January didn’t look sold out either, people aren’t in their seats a 100% of the time. Shocking eh.
I was at the Vegas game, it was full, your friend is full of BS.
Over 19,000 there.

My habs friend, told me Suzuki is not happy and wants out.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Oh for sure. They've sucked for a long time and the reason isn't toughness or lack of toughness.

I just think most of their fans would want more jam. Other than Tkachuk and Greig, the other players interest is very inconsistent. The fans I think are pretty unanimous in thinking they need more players like Tkachuk and Greig, and not less.

That's all I was saying. I agree though that getting more toughness wouldn't make them good but it would help them actually make noise in the playoffs if ever they became good.

Ideally you could have a Tkachuk/Greig on each line.

Oh, well I agree. But I'd say it's the same in every building.

For example, I've seen listed sell outs in Toronto and Montreal with 100s of empty seats.

Same with Ottawa, so you're right.

Are they buying food? Are they gone to the washrooms? Are they staying home? I dunno.

I don't think I've ever seen a sellout game without empty seats though. I think the closest I've seen to every seat packed was Canada vs USA in salt Lake city 2002. But it's not an NHL game.
I said exactly this.........earlier. People got offended, and didn't read what I tyoed.
Bottom feeders for the most part, always seem to have buildings that do not reflect the announced attendance. That was my point for this discussion.

I have been to sellouts, in Boston, Montreal and TO.....................it's an amazing atmosphere.

As for Brady, where there is smoke? I really don't care, but man people have lost it............it happened with his brother, and now this so.........................................again no big deal these things happen all the time as the deadline nears.

You’re repeating yourself, told me the same thing twice, in last post.
I was at a Habs game in January didn’t look sold out either, people aren’t in their seats a 100% of the time. Shocking eh.
I was at the Vegas game, it was full, your friend is full of BS.
Over 19,000 there.

My habs friend, told me Suzuki is not happy and wants out.
Cool....................no worries, I wont sook about your info the way some do about media bloggers reporting about the Sens....
lol

• Haha
Reactions: Golden_Jet

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I said exactly this.........earlier. People got offended, and didn't read what I tyoed.
Bottom feeders for the most part, always seem to have buildings that do not reflect the announced attendance. That was my point for this discussion.

I have been to sellouts, in Boston, Montreal and TO.....................it's an amazing atmosphere.

As for Brady, where there is smoke? I really don't care, but man people have lost it............it happened with his brother, and now this so.........................................again no big deal these things happen all the time as the deadline nears.

Cool....................no worries, I wont sook about your info the way some do about media bloggers reporting about the Sens....
lol

I said all teams. You say bottom feeders. I think that's the difference. I mentioned how I notice this with Toronto all the time and they're not a bottom feeder.

Like, Toronto is known for being all business men in suits at the game. It's not known for a great atmosphere.

It's commonly accepted that leafs-sens games are louder in Ottawa than in Toronto.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
I said all teams. You say bottom feeders. I think that's the difference. I mentioned how I notice this with Toronto all the time and they're not a bottom feeder.

Like, Toronto is known for being all business men in suits at the game. It's not known for a great atmosphere.

It's commonly accepted that leafs-sens games are louder in Ottawa than in Toronto.
doesnt really matter if its in ottawa or toronto its leafs fans making the noise either way.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
doesnt really matter if its in ottawa or toronto its leafs fans making the noise either way.

Agreed.

Here they all are cheering Ridly Greig's slapshot.

Turns out the Leafs fans really enjoyed it after all, and the whole incident was just a misunderstanding.

I’ve heard a few Leaf fans say that they would rather lose to Ottawa so that they get a lower draft pick so it must be all those guys that I’m hearing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad