Proposal: MTL & OTT

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Agreed.

Here they all are cheering Ridly Greig's slapshot.

Turns out the Leafs fans really enjoyed it after all, and the whole incident was just a misunderstanding.

of course they enjoyed it. 7 game win steak that makes the leafs an easy lock for the playoffs. all thanks to ottawa uniting the team. meanwhile the sens locker room is falling apart from the inside.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
of course they enjoyed it. 7 game win steak that makes the leafs an easy lock for the playoffs. all thanks to ottawa uniting the team. meanwhile the sens locker room is falling apart from the inside.

Yeah, that’s clearly why they were all cheering when Greig salted away the game.

Hear that volume when the puck goes into the net. “Woo! We lost! Yesssss!”

“Losing like this ensures that we’re going to win the next bunch of games, so let’s let the team know how happy we are that they’re about to turn the corner after this game.”

Definitely plausible, well done.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Yeah, that’s clearly why they were all cheering when Greig salted away the game.

“Losing like this ensures that we’re going to win the next bunch of games, so let’s let the team know how happy we are that they’re about to turn the corner after this game.”

thats what good leadership does, they rally and win. they don't go looking for a way out of town.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

Threads like this are magnets for nonsense and trolls.

Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
thats what good leadership does, they rally and win. they don't go looking for a way out of town.

That's why Leaf fans cheer when their team loses. It was pretty deafening when that puck went in.

All those Leaf fans in Ottawa cheering en masse for the loss.

Brings a tear to your eye.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
That's why Leaf fans cheer when their team loses. It was pretty deafening when that puck went in.

All those Leaf fans in Ottawa cheering en masse for the loss.

Brings a tear to your eye.
locked the leafs into the playoffs. since the leafs are buyers and sens are sellers how much you want for chychrun and tkachuk?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
locked the leafs into the playoffs. since the leafs are buyers and sens are sellers how much you want for chychrun and tkachuk?

Losing after the goal went in locked them into the playoffs?

This is what the Leaf fans were thinking in that building as they were apparently cheering loudly for Grieg’s goal?

This is the actual argument you are making?

Not only do they cheer loud for Ottawa goals, but they can also apparently perceive the future.

I’m learning all kinds of things in this thread.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Losing after the goal went in locked them into the playoffs?

This is what the Leaf fans were thinking in that building as they were apparently cheering loudly for Grieg’s goal?

This is the actual argument you are making?

Not only do they cheer loud for Ottawa goals, but they can also apparently perceive the future.

I’m learning all kinds of things in this thread.
leafs are buyers. how much for tkachuk and chychrun they'd be a great fit for the leafs.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
They should try and encourage some Grieg like plays by their playoff opposition... maybe thay could actually do something. Such a good team with such an enormous fanbase and resources not being able to do anything when it matters must be so painful.

I mean the leafs rebuild has produced a single playoff round win after missing the playoffs for so long...if that happens to us I will be probably as salty as you.

At least for the Sens we had the excuse of legendarily bad owner and management group. Thankful that has changed now. What's the leafs excuse?

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
They should try and encourage some Grieg like plays by their playoff opposition... maybe thay could actually do something. Such a good team with such an enormous fanbase and resources not being able to do anything when it matters must be so painful.

I mean the leafs rebuild has produced a single playoff round win after missing the playoffs for so long...if that happens to us I will be probably as salty as you.

At least for the Sens we had the excuse of legendarily bad owner and management group. Thankful that has changed now. What's the leafs excuse?
its easy to talk a big game about the playoffs when you're 15th in the east.

but seriously how much for tkachuk. he wants to play in the playoffs and leafs want grit, its a great match.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

but seriously how much for tkachuk. he wants to play in the playoffs and leafs want grit, its a great match.

Leafs don’t have the pieces. Another team would offer a more interesting package for sure.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK

It's easy to talk tough when you have had the most resources and have pretty much sucked for half a century.

Is it? Can you afford Tkachuk? You would probably need to give up Marner at least for cap reasons.

You guys probably don't want to do that and Ottawa doesn't want it enough to add ANYTHING.

Plus there would be an "in division rival" premium. So add a 1st to what you would consider giving up.

Its at least a good fit for the leafs and would likely lead to playoff success, so history says it won't happen.

What does Ottawa want for Tkachuk?
Ottawa wants Tkachuk.

Reactions: Bileur

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
whats tkachuk worth?
It’s so weird, he’s one of the players that is more valuable to our team than we would get in assets, however moving him might make our team better depending on the pieces that are brought in.

He’s also a coveted type of player that general managers overpay for but also a player that rarely gets traded, which means our perception of his value is heavily skewed.

Reality is, I’ve seen far better players than Brady get traded for far less than what I want for Brady.

It’s a tough spot that I hope we don’t ever have to get into and one that I would hope most teams don’t ever come across. This team is soulless without him.

Reactions: dirtydanglez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad