Confirmed Trade: [MTL/NSH] P.K. Subban for Shea Weber - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
:cry::cry::cry::cry: where are all those goals in the playoffs. Do you even know who the leader in scoring for defensemen in the playoffs since 2010 is? Do you know which defenseman is the most clutch in the playoffs..obviously behind Keith?

Anyways lol

Anyone have a list for defenseman playoff goals since 2010?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Subban has never scored more than 15 goals in a season....Weber has done it 7 times not to mention Weber is WAY better defensively and WAY more physical.....CASE CLOSED.

By this definition, Souray > Weber. Souray is arguably more physical since he can fight and Weber never cracked 60 points or get over 25 goals.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Anyone have a list for defenseman playoff goals since 2010?

This is not a fair measuring stick because not every team makes the playoffs (even if the defender is great/elite) + how deep some teams go in the playoffs.

I would assume that Keith would have to be close to the top of this list though simply because of more opportunities.

You would have to base it off of goals/game and even that isn't completely fair. Look at everyone's darling Karlsson. He hasn't had anywhere near the opportunities that Keith or DD have had due to the team he is on.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
I think he means 'slow' than 'lazy'.

Habs management wants to play a boring rope-a-dope style and when Subban is on the ice this doesn't happen as much. In fact, they actually tend to push the play when he's on the ice. Weber's speed may not mean much as the Habs will probably be in their own zone most of the game. When Therrien calls for the no-man fore-check, Weber will probably fit the system more as he won't be as keen to create offense 5 on 5. Just clear the zone off the boards/dump it in.

Haha I cannot wait to see PK Subban "unleashed" in Nashville, as if he is some lord wizard of hockey held back by petty coaches in Montreal. He will be leashed back up soon enough.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
By this definition, Souray > Weber. Souray is arguably more physical since he can fight and Weber never cracked 60 points or get over 25 goals.

Not only Subban is better right now, but Subban will also be better in the future.

Can you imagine how Subban will benefit from playing with Josi? A defensemen better than Weber himself.

Jul 6, 2016
Or maybe PK matures, and Nashville wins a Cup??

Subban has a lot of self questioning to do this Summer about his interactions with teamates and coaching staff. Good luck !

He is used to march to his own drum beat.

Jul 6, 2016
Not only Subban is better right now, but Subban will also be better in the future.

Can you imagine how Subban will benefit from playing with Josi? A defensemen better than Weber himself.

Subban is NOT better than Weber. Just DIFFERENT.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
Once Montreal sees what they have in Weber, they'll all be like...

P.K. Who?

(Get it, sounds like.Peekaboo...Lol ;) )

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York
That isn't the way section 50.5 of the CBA is written... I don't think the NHL can arbitrarily alter the CBA just for the benefit of one team. Best hope is either he plays out the contract or the next CBA removes the cap recapture penalty.

Shout out to New Jersey in 2013.

There is absolutely NO WAY the NHL penalizes the Predators 23 million dollars. It would decimate an entire franchise.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Once Montreal sees what they have in Weber, they'll all be like...

P.K. Who?

(Get it, sounds like.Peekaboo...Lol ;) )

''Once the Habs see what they have in Jocelyn Thibault, they'll all forget about Patrick Roy''

- Someone in 1995

Not to mention, Patrick Roy was such a distraction too. This is a guy who only thought about himself, and not his team.

I can't wait to see the Habs get the puck out of their zone. Can't wait. Weber can score goals from the point and has a wicked shot, only problem? Need to get in the Ozone. Good luck. Weber had Josi carry the puck for him in the last few years, now who will be able to do that for him in Montreal? No one.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Or maybe PK matures, and Nashville wins a Cup??

This could happen. Sometimes trades are required for players to mature, as painful as they are. Excluding goalies (because they can do whatever they want), you could be the best player in the world but if your teammates don't have your back, your team isn't going anywhere.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
It's amazing seeing so many Habs fans do a complete 180 on PK Subban, makes you appreciate the guys that still stand by him.

PK Subban is better than Shea Weber. David Poile is an extremely smart GM, still stuns me that he got PK for just Weber despite the age and performance difference.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
It's amazing seeing so many Habs fans do a complete 180 on PK Subban, makes you appreciate the guys that still stand by him.

PK Subban is better than Shea Weber. David Poile is an extremely smart GM, still stuns me that he got PK for just Weber despite the age and performance difference.

Lol. Yeah, for just Weber.
He's aging and washed up, we get it......yet has played at least 78 games every year his entire career of "the hard minutes".
Subban, regardless of how talented he is, cannot say the same.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
Wow, Habs fans are totally stripping down PK's reputation. All i heard before was how great of a person he is and etc.....

But i guess you have to run a smear campaign to justify the trade.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Wow, Habs fans are totally stripping down PK's reputation. All i heard before was how great of a person he is and etc.....

Many Preds fans have done the same with Weber.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta

Maybe not smear, but definitely the rose glasses came off. Ironically, the same glasses that non-habs fans have picked up and put on.

He's not a Hab anymore and is no longer defended. Lord knows we did a ton of it around here.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Lol. Yeah, for just Weber.
He's aging and washed up, we get it......yet has played at least 78 games every year his entire career of "the hard minutes".
Subban, regardless of how talented he is, cannot say the same.

Who cares?

Playing a lot of games doesn't mean anything.

Jay Bowmeester played 82 games for 7 straight years, still wouldn't have traded a PK Subban caliber player for him.

Washed up means being slow and having poor possession metrics, and having a hard time getting the puck out of your own zone. Washed up doesn't mean missing games.

BTW, people understand that Weber is a good defender still, just nowhere near Subban at this point.

I'm really really anxious to see how Weber will do without a guy getting the puck in the Ozone for him constantly. The problem with Weber is that you need a great defensemen that can get the puck out of the Dzone for him, while Subban doesn't need that at all. Subban is also physical, MUCH faster, better vision, better skillset, great shot (not as good as Weber, but amogst the best in the NHL anyways), younger.

Besides said ''intangibles'', and a shot on the PP, there really isn't anything Weber can do better than Subban.

People are quick to forget what was being said about Roy when he was traded. Oh he wasn't a team player, only think about himself, not a leader, cares about his persona more than anything. Went on to be the best Goalie of all time.

Needless to say, you couldn't find a Goalie with more passion for the game than Roy,the same can be said about Subban.

Will Subban ever be as good as Roy was? NO. But he is and will be much better than Weber.

Poile is a magician to have pulled off this trade, selling of Weber on gold medals (on the best team in the world) and Team Canada selection process ********.

Last edited:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

I don't know if there would be a better player on the table today than Weber. If PK and the Habs truly needed a change of scenery (I personally believe this to be true) Go down the list of top defenseman and you tell me if their gm would trade them for Subban,and if it's s better return than Weber.

Karlsson
Doughty
Hedman
Letang?
Josi?
Burns?
Klingberg?
Keith
Oel
Suter?
Ekblad
Bufflin?
McD?

Sure maybe they could have got a better sum of parts or a token pick from Nashville but no replacement for a true 1D.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I don't know if there would be a better player on the table today than Weber. If PK and the Habs truly needed a change of scenery (I personally believe this to be true) Go down the list of top defenseman and you tell me if their gm would trade them for Subban,and if it's s better return than Weber.

Karlsson
Doughty
Hedman
Letang?
Josi?
Burns?
Klingberg?
Keith
Oel
Suter?
Ekblad
Bufflin?
McD?

Sure maybe they could have got a better sum of parts or a token pick from Nashville but no replacement for a true 1D.

Weber is not a ''true 1D''

A true one D can get the puck out of his own zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad