Proposal: MTL & EDM

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Edmonton just can’t trade nurse right now without a very good top 4 D replacing him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I think Caleb Jones is a year or so away from being capable of everyday 2nd pairing minutes, and thanks to Yamamoto's emergence our need at forward isn't as dire as it once was. I think it's a better trade for Edmonton than it is Montreal, but I think it's your classic "both sides say no" deal at the moment.

Reactions: ivanlwan and HabsQC

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
EDM : Puljujarvi + Nurse + #20 ov 2020
For
MTL : Domi + #8 OV 2020 + Kulak

MTL gets their LD to play with Weber and a shot at Pool party.

EDM gets a fierce foward in Domi and and a great pick in #8 ov and Kulak to replace Nurse.
Wow i'm surprised.Another easy pass from the Habs.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I think Domi has some good skills that we can use, but I worry about what he will ask for on his upcoming deal. I suspect he will want to be paid like a 70 point centre, when he should be paid as a 55-60ish point player, and in Edmonton would be a winger. That's a big difference in salary. Not to mention that I am going to echo a lot of other Oiler fans here in that we aren't really ready to move away from Darnell Nurse.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Is it me, or has their been just a shit ton of Domi trades lately?
Oh there has and it's been from the same poster. Most Sensible Hab fans have no interested in trading him unless it's for a deal we couldn't refuse.They deal isn't one of them.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Strange proposal. It’s not terrible, but not really a suitable for both teams.

Why would Domi be moved to the Oilers when they have enough Forwards? Nurse is an important player for the Oilers and would slot nicely with the Habs, but would create a hole on their D until their prospects are ready. Oilers are filling a position they don’t need and open a hole in their D.

Oiler reject

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Easy no from Edmonton.

Edmonton can't afford to lose a defenseman of Nurses quality unless one is coming back in trade or fee agency.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I think the Habs decline this one.

Domi ≈ Nurse
8th overall + Kulak > 20th overall + Puljujarvi

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Sorry--Kulak and Nurse are not the same
Right. Did you just ignore the rest of the proposal? 8th overall and Domi are worth significantly more than either of the assets on Edmonton's side.

Obviously I'm removing Nurse from the equation here.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Strange proposal. It’s not terrible, but not really a suitable for both teams.

Why would Domi be moved to the Oilers when they have enough Forwards? Nurse is an important player for the Oilers and would slot nicely with the Habs, but would create a hole on their D until their prospects are ready. Oilers are filling a position they don’t need and open a hole in their D.

Oiler reject
While it may not suit both teams, the Oilers absolutely don't have enough talented forwards. If anything, their defence has more of a backlog than anything. Their wingers are... lacking.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
While it may not suit both teams, the Oilers absolutely don't have enough talented forwards. If anything, their defence has more of a backlog than anything. Their wingers are... lacking.

Their replacement D are still a year away. For that reason I don't think this trade would happen.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Their replacement D are still a year away. For that reason I don't think this trade would happen.
Well sure, but I think the Oilers have a pretty awful group of wingers now, and a decent group of defenders, though no stars.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
The Oilers are a better team with Nurse in the line up over Domi.
Really could care less about a draft pick thats 2-3 years away(min)

Reactions: spaghtti

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
value favors edmonton (not by too much though)

maybe kick in a decent prospect.

This is a lot better than typical Lehkonen/Poehling/spare part + 2nd for good asset type we usually see

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Well sure, but I think the Oilers have a pretty awful group of wingers now, and a decent group of defenders, though no stars.

I dont see yamamoto keeping up a near ppg pace next year and Neal will probably be irrelevant again. Kassian isnt suited for top 6 either. and they need a huge bounceback from AA

I think they need to make a move for another guy

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I dont see yamamoto keeping up a near ppg pace next year and Neal will probably be irrelevant again. Kassian isnt suited for top 6 either. and they need a huge bounceback from AA

I think they need to make a move for another guy
I agree. Their winger depth is poor, and reliant on a mediocre crop of guys repeating. I mean, RNH is a great player, but he's more suited to centre. Yamamoto should be a good player long term, but he's young and a lot can change. Other than that, there's no legit top 6 winger.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I don't think Hall to Montreal is very likely. As for Hall vs. Drouin, when Drouin wins the league MVP you can compare the two.

I never said it was likely, my point that I don't see either Drouin or Domi being traded without a significant UFA signing to replace them :)

Of course Hall is (way) better than Drouin, but I am not sure he'll be worth the money he will get (in % cap structure) because as good as he is, he is also inconsistent.

Reactions: TFHockey

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
I never said it was likely, my point that I don't see either Drouin or Domi being traded without a significant UFA signing to replace them :)

Of course Hall is (way) better than Drouin, but I am not sure he'll be worth the money he will get (in % cap structure) because as good as he is, he is also inconsistent.

Not that I’m in favour of OP but Habs can still run Tatar - Drouin - Lehkonen and Byron on the left wing if Domi gets moved.

As for the OP, I like Nurse a lot. Like, a lot. I’m just not a big fan of the contract he signed. Had he signed for 6-7 years, I would have been more inclined to make that deal 1 for 1 for Domi.

As I see it, it’s still not a fit for Edmonton. Maybe we can revise that proposal next summer when Nurse is eligible to sign a new contract?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
As a base, Domi for Nurse can be worked.
The rest of the trade is pure foolishness that doesn't help the Habs at all.
We're supposed to trade the 8th OV for the 20th OV?

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad