Proposal: MTL & EDM

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
AA is the worst player in the top 6 right now, Yamamoto has been great and Kassian brings “dimensions” that make him a worthy passenger (he also has the speed and skill to ‘make it work’). AA had a terrible year for Detroit by any metric, and then came over and did NOT impress in his short stint. As a player, he makes you wonder “how the hell could this guy have scored 30 goals?”. Having said that, if the worst player in your top 6 scored 30 goals in the prior season, you might have a pretty decent top 6. AA is probably better than a few MTL forwards.

Crow52

Jan 8, 2020
EDM : Puljujarvi + Nurse + #20 ov 2020
For
MTL : Domi + #8 OV 2020 + Kulak

MTL gets their LD to play with Weber and a shot at Pool party.

EDM gets a fierce foward in Domi and and a great pick in #8 ov and Kulak to replace Nurse.
Why move Domi and Nurse where both teams need these players. If Mtl wants Puljujarvi then they can move there 2020 #61 pick plus one of Hillis, Fonstad or McShane

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
A big no from Montreal, especially considering that 8th overall pick will more than likely be a blue chip prospect (Perfetti, Holtz, etc)

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
AA is the worst player in the top 6 right now, Yamamoto has been great and Kassian brings “dimensions” that make him a worthy passenger (he also has the speed and skill to ‘make it work’). AA had a terrible year for Detroit by any metric, and then came over and did NOT impress in his short stint. As a player, he makes you wonder “how the hell could this guy have scored 30 goals?”. Having said that, if the worst player in your top 6 scored 30 goals in the prior season, you might have a pretty decent top 6. AA is probably better than a few MTL forwards.

So far in Mcdavids NHL career his line seems to work best with a skilled tough player that can win board battles and create chaos in front of the net and another skilled scoring winger. That's why the combo of Mcdavid-Draisaitl/RNH-Maroon/Kassian worked so well. When he's with two other skilled/soft players his line isn't as effective.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
So far in Mcdavids NHL career his line seems to work best with a skilled tough player that can win board battles and create chaos in front of the net and another skilled scoring winger. That's why the combo of Mcdavid-Draisaitl/RNH-Maroon/Kassian worked so well. When he's with two other skilled/soft players his line isn't as effective.

I think you might very well be right, but have we ever seen McDavid with 2 skilled players on his line for more than a few shifts? They have certainly tried players that rely more on skill than grit, but it's not like those "skill players" were really all that skilled to begin with.
I am wondering what McDavid would do with someone like Drai or RNH on one wing and an actually skilled player on the other wing. Let's say someone like Guentzel.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I think you might very well be right, but have we ever seen McDavid with 2 skilled players on his line for more than a few shifts? They have certainly tried players that rely more on skill than grit, but it's not like those "skill players" were really all that skilled to begin with.
I am wondering what McDavid would do with someone like Drai or RNH on one wing and an actually skilled player on the other wing. Let's say someone like Guentzel.

Draisaitl, Yamamoto and RNH make up one of the best lines in the NHL this season. I'd leave them exactly where they are.

We need better options for McDavid, that is true.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Why move Domi and Nurse where both teams need these players. If Mtl wants Puljujarvi then they can move there 2020 #61 pick plus one of Hillis, Fonstad or McShane
MTL needs a Nurse more then a Domi at this point.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
A big no from Montreal, especially considering that 8th overall pick will more than likely be a blue chip prospect (Perfetti, Holtz, etc)
This.:thumbu: It seems all the Hab fan are on track with the exception of one.

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Value favours the Oilers, but we're not a position to make that kind of trade this year. Maybe next year if we see big jumps from Jones, Broberg, Samurkov, etc. This thread is similar to the Kapanen for Bear thread. Oilers are not in a position to add a top 9 forward at the expense of their top 4.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
So what could the Oilers offer up with their 1st rounder this year to get Domi?
I personally think the Habs shouldn't trade domi unless it is to move up in the draft we are still looking for a number 1 center and have been for 25+ years even if we have all this center depth we still need to continue to throw darts at the board until we hit the bulls eye and FOR SURE get a elite number 1 center because like everyone knows prospects a lot of times don't pan out Suzuki looks really good right now and on track to becoming a number 1 or number 2 but its still his first season and KK needs to stay in the AHL.

The NHL has changed having elite goalies doesn't matter anymore just look at the Habs and the Rangers two franchises that had elite goalies and never got a cup hell even after one season the panthers regret that contract they gave bob. Building from the net out isn't the way to go anymore I believe it starts down the middle and ends with the Dmen. All you really need is to get a goalie that can get hot at the right time which is the playoffs of course and go from there. As everyone knows all the past cup winners didnt have a 10m goalie anchor.

Anyways I went way off topic but yeah I don't think you guys have what we need unless you guys are willing to take a quantity for quality trade for Drai which is not happening. So I don't see a trade between our teams and to be realistic no trade between the habs and a lot teams that don't have a spare young number 1 center kicking around which is no team lol.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
That's good because we aren't interested in a Nurse for Domi swap. Not when Domi is probably looking to be paid like a 1C when we would use him as a 2/3 W.
I don't blame you for not wanting to trade Nurse for Domi. It's moving from the 8th OA to the 20th OA which easily make me say no.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad