Confirmed Trade: [MTL/DAL] Jordie Benn for Greg Pateryn & 4th in 2017

Habernack

BookHockey
Feb 10, 2010
Toronto
meh. I like Pateryn and think he got a bit of the shaft but its still just the 6-7th depth spot. After 2 trades at the same position, we've essentially done the following....

Nesterov & Benn for Pateryn, Racine, 4th & 6th

I can live with that. We turned little to nothing into a mediocre 3rd pairing. That's what happens with all that money tied up in your top 4

suddeninterest

Aug 19, 2014
Serious question, would Jordie be an NHL regular on a team that isn't the Stars? How much of his playing time and games played was because Jamie is the captain and a ppg player?

TrillMike

Feb 21, 2012
Dallas, TX
Serious question, would Jordie be an NHL regular on a team that isn't the Stars? How much of his playing time and games played was because Jamie is the captain and a ppg player?

He's a decent bottom pairing defenseman. We (Stars fans) have bagged on him for a few years because of his elite ability to ice the puck. This year especially, he's been a good shot blocker. He's the type of guy you don't notice, which is ideal with that role.

It's pretty weird that he's gone to be honest.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
I've watched Jordie Benn a fair amount and not impressed.

I hope Pateryn's chicks comments didn't cause this I like the guy he's put in the years in the minors/pressbox.

I think Dallas will be pleasantly surprised with him. He's never going to be a top end d-man for them but I definitely think he can be a regular.

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Benn is an everyday NHLer. Pateryn to this point hasn't been (and for the record, I like him a lot). I wish him the best. I hope his wife has given up twitter for good otherwise he'll find his way out of Dallas pretty quick too.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I don't understand Bergevin and his plan.

Well he never really had much choice to move patyrn. I dont know if you heard but his wife made things particularly uncomfortable. In trading patyrn for benn he picks up a decent penalty killer / bottom pair defenceman who is in the top 25 in the league in blocked shots for a bottom pair defenceman . Marginal upgrade for a fourth round pick in a weakish draft. Other teams will not over pay for a patyrn in these circumstances. Benn can provide decent 16-18 bottom pair minutes a nite at 1.1 mil. Not the big trade we all wanted but not something anybody should get their panties in a knot over either. For those who want bergevin fired over this, keep in mind his hand was forced on this one.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
Pateryn is almost waiver wire material. Ppl saying they should give me a chance, he was given a chance, he is 26 not 21-22. He is what his a depth dmen.

Claude Julien talked after tonight game about how he likes Benn game and he and Lindy Ruff had a chat about him this morning, so it seems like a move to get the new coach his type of player.

Benn talked about liking to play RD, and being a lefty he can play LD so it also gives more options.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Montreal fans overrated their players, Pateryn for sure is overrated around here. He's a bubble player in the lineup guy that could be in the AHL next year.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad