Proposal: MTL - CGY

Nov 24, 2017
Calgary, Alberta
I don’t know what Bergevin is doing over in Montreal so maybe he’ll end up trading Gallagher.

So how about
Brodie + Bennett to Montreal.
Gallagher, Lehkonen + a 2nd round pick.
Maybe Montreal doesn’t add the 2nd, who adds?

Gives Calgary two right shots that they could desperately use.
Gives Montreal an option at centre and a good defenceman, because I can’t tell if Bergevin is rebuilding now or retooling.

Ragdoll

Feb 15, 2018
Bad for MTL, they lose the best player in the trade and it doesn’t really help them. They would at least want a legit center for one of their top lines and Bennet isn’t that.

Reactions: Donuts

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Flames get bent over in this deal. No interest from my side.

Its not the time to trade Bennett nor Brodie. If they break out/bounce back we are far far better off with our pieces.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If MB trades Gallagher he better run for the hills. Guy is a tremendous heart and soul player with skill and still young.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Captain Controversy

Apr 30, 2015
Alberta
Yes really, take your weak troll game elsewhere.

2 seconds is good. Nail yakupov didn't return that and Bennett is in yakupov territory.
Maybe I was not specific enough. Bennett is almost a bust. He needs a change of scenery.
Montreal has a couple high second rounders that would help calgary for this year in the draft.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
2 seconds is good. Nail yakupov didn't return that and Bennett is in yakupov territory.
Maybe I was not specific enough. Bennett is almost a bust. He needs a change of scenery.
Montreal has a couple high second rounders that would help calgary for this year in the draft.
Keep telling yourself that. Because unlike Yak, Bennett can play physically and isn't a liability when not producing. They aren't comparable players, it's really the simplest of concepts, yet you and your Oiler brethren still can't seen to grasp it.

It is simply not worth it to the Flames to move him for 2 lesser assets that likely will never be what he is.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Have you looked at this year's draft? It's not so unlikely, there are good players all through the 2nd round.
1) 2nd rounders have about a 50% chance of being NHLers.
2) The Flames don't develop forwards very well, so later picks that are pretty much guaranteed AHL time isn't all that appealing.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
1) 2nd rounders have about a 50% chance of being NHLers.

Don't simply look at accumulated averages from past drafts. That's oversimplifying it. Actually look at the players likely available in the 30-50 range this year, it's one of the best groups I've seen.

2) The Flames don't develop forwards very well, so later picks that are pretty much guaranteed AHL time isn't all that appealing.

They develop forwards just fine, they haven't had much luck lately.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Don't simply look at accumulated averages from past drafts. That's oversimplifying it. Actually look at the players likely available in the 30-50 range this year, it's one of the best groups I've seen.

They develop forwards just fine, they haven't had much luck lately.
Over simplifying it or not, 2nd rounders are a long shot compared to a 100% guarantee that we have at least a 3rd liner in Bennett. It's really not that difficult to understand.

No we don't develop forwards just fine. Since the lost season, we have developed the following top 9 forwards (that didn't go straight to the NHL):

- Mark Jankowski
- Sven Baertschi (I'm being generous including Sven)
- Markus Granlund (not sure I'd count him as a top 9 forward)
- Micheal Ferland
- Mikael Backlund

5 in 13 years.... that is simply ineptitude.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Montreal easily declines. Gallagher isn't heading to Calgary without some hefty over-payment in the range of some package for Tkachuk.

Flamesjustwin

Oct 8, 2010
London ON
Flames easily decline this trade. I like Gally a lot but Bennett will be the better player in a few years. Not big on Brodie but he is still a legit top 4 offensive player. I would do Brodie and a prospect like Kylington or Mangiapane for Gally but Bennett is off the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad