Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Carey Price extended (8 years, $10.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
10.5 million for a goalie?

Price might be the best goalie in the world, but i would never put that much money into a goalie.

Especially when you see how much the goalies on cup winning teams on making.

I think Montreal might end up regretting this contract in the future.

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
That's a hefty price tag. Then again he is the most important player on that team. They probably don't even make playoffs without him.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
That will take him to 37. No real problem with that as long as his games played is managed and he stays injury free. Also, if the Canadiens miss the POs or go 1 round and out a few times, he will be much better rested.

But, how much does this hamstring the Canadiens in terms of retaining current players or signing FAs?

satbank

Jan 11, 2014
10.5 not playing nice. Ouch. As good as Price is I don't believe in paying that much for a goaltender.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Wow lol. When your entire franchise depends on a goalie and he's getting paid 10.5M :help:

Bergevin had no choice. You don't pay Price and you're fired because the team sucks without him, you sign Price to a ridiculous cap hit and you maintain status quo, don't win but at least you don't get fired.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
In a salary cap league, paying a goalie big money, long term, is not a recipe for success.

As a Ranger fan, I couldn't agree more. There has been a dramatic rise in goaltending the past few years. To the point that nearly every team has a goalie in place that realistically could back their team to a Cup.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I'm of the opinion that 8 years for a goaltender is nuts.

I'd have gone 5 years and given him a blank cheque.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad