GDT: MTL @ BOS | THC Gummies, Part Deux | Mar. 3, 2018 5:00pm ET, SN TVA 690AM 98.5FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
Stupid Claude Julien.......

No Valiev tonight, Jordie Benn instead....WHY??????????????
Carr Pacioretty out for Deslauriers and Shaw. I get Deslauriers In for Patches but WHY Shaw for Carr????

Hudon remain out with injury.
Just when you thought injuries would force them to make the right decisions too. Same old same old. At least we don't have to keep bitching about DD playing all the time! :sarcasm:

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I cannot lower myself to cheer for the Bruins.

Will be interested to see how this team does without Price, Weber, Pacioretty, and Plekanec against a top team. Maybe it shows the Montreal organization that they can move on from some of them and still be alright.

Hoping the youngsters continue to play well to give them confidence going into next season.
Victor Mete was also hurt last night. Sometimes, a team plays better without their top stars in the lineup.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm guessing it will be:

Schlemko - Petry
Alzner - Juulsen
Reilly - Benn

Though I'd like to see Reilly with Petry and Schlemko and Benn as the 3rd pair.

Reactions: Redux91

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
I have wanted the Habs to trade Pleks, Max, Price, and Weber. And now I see we will be playing tonight’s game without all four. Lol
This game will be played at 5:00 PM, not good for a tired Habs team that played last night in Brooklyn and then had to travel against a rested Bruins team. A Habs victory against an over confident Boston club would inch the Habs to be within 7 points of the slumping Blue Jackets with the Red, White and Blue having one game in hand.

Perhaps Marc Bergevin finally discovered the winning way is to remove all your overpaid stars from the lineup and only play your table scraps players.

Look at the following: Niemi will be a free agent having been paid roughly $625,000. Lindgren just signed a 3-year contract extension at $721,000 per season. Next season, Price starts "earning" $10.5M per season and backed up by a $721,000 Lindgren and should Lindgren proves to better in nets, he will be making 93% less than Price. A similar pay discrepency is happening with the Jets in that Steve Mason is earning $4.3M per season and due to two concussions, he hasn't played in 29 games and the $725,000 starting goalie Connor Hellybuck is doing a splendid job between the pipes.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This game will be played at 5:00 PM, not good for a tired Habs team that played last night in Brooklyn and then had to travel against a rested Bruins team. A Habs victory against an over confident Boston club would inch the Habs to be within 7 points of the slumping Blue Jackets with the Red, White and Blue having one game in hand.

Perhaps Marc Bergevin finally discovered the winning way is to remove all your overpaid stars from the lineup and only play your table scraps players.

Look at the following: Niemi will be a free agent having been paid roughly $625,000. Lindgren just signed a 3-year contract extension at $721,000 per season. Next season, Price starts "earning" $10.5M per season and backed up by a $721,000 Lindgren and should Lindgren proves to better in nets, he will be making 93% less than Price. A similar pay discrepency is happening with the Jets in that Steve Mason is earning $4.3M per season and due to two concussions, he hasn't played in 29 games and the $725,000 starting goalie Connor Hellybuck is doing a splendid job between the pipes.

Where do you get the 721K? Next year, Lindgren is paid 750K.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Carr is money behind the net and on the cycle . Just not very good at gaining the zone or playing in transition. I think he always looks like the best player on the line whenever they stick him on the 4th. Don't get what the orgs beef is with him he makes way more happen than Logan shaw

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal

Hellebuyck will be a free agent after the season, expect him to get 5-6M

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
The team Montreal is icing tonight has a salary cap hit of around $46-47 million (quick math).

Reactions: Redux91

FEFAN

Oct 19, 2017
Micronesia
Yeshhhh finally the 2 month long suspension is over, that price contract is looking worse everyday getting thoroughly outplayed by a guy with a 6+gaa at the start of the season and one of the worst goalie in the ahl. If Phaneuf was traded twice hope is,still,there but it will be tough to be good for the next 8 years with that comtract

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
An absolute must lose game.
Wasn't confident in losing against the islanders considering how bad their defense + goalie are, but theres no excuses not to lose against the bruins

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Carr is money behind the net and on the cycle . Just not very good at gaining the zone or playing in transition. I think he always looks like the best player on the line whenever they stick him on the 4th. Don't get what the orgs beef is with him he makes way more happen than Logan shaw

Two top offensive forwards are out (Hudon and Pacioretty) yet Carr is the one scratched???

Another puzzling move by Julien. Watch him whine in the post game press conference about a lack of finish and scoring due to injuries.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Two top offensive forwards are out (Hudon and Pacioretty) yet Carr is the one scratched???

Another puzzling move by Julien. Watch him whine in the post game press conference about a lack of finish and scoring due to injuries.

Logan Shaw is too important for this team. He's the future of this organization.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That girl in the TV ad is hot. Where did you get the source picture?

W3K will be flattered. I have no idea who that girl is. Just found the pics on a random google search, worked through the night on it. I didn't pay attention, sorry.

At least you liked her, so I made a good choice. ;)

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Our rivalry games aren't what they used to be.

These topics used to be SO intense.

Hope it will come back when where back to being competitive.
We made them our punching bag for the longest time, which cooled the fire on their side. Then we suddenly started totally sucking with no inbetween. Now we don't care and the Bruins fans can't get too excited because they know they're beating a bunch of weaklings.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
I just can't stand losing against the slobbering idiot team from Boston. And the Leafs, for the sake of shutting up their screeching fan base. Every other team can beat us and I'm good.
I hate Ottawa too much as well to even tolerate a loss against them and I'm not dreaming of any tank, so they all can f*** themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad