Proposal: MTL and SJ

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Whatever you need to tell yourself to let him off the hook for not even apologizing to the victim.
I don't need to tell him anything. Gary Bettman re-instated him last offseason after he fulfilled his commitments. He's got an NHL future whether you like it or not. I doubt any GM will judge him on the basis of a 17 year old mistake.

Reactions: viceroy

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't need to tell him anything. Gary Bettman re-instated him last offseason after he fulfilled his commitments. He's got an NHL future whether you like it or not. I doubt any GM will judge him on the basis of a 17 year old mistake.
It wasn't about you telling him anything. It was about you deluding yourself. Gary Bettman's stamp of approval doesn't validate or invalidate anyone's opinion of this situation. He probably does have an NHL future and I hope it's not with my team because I don't want a player like him on my team who isn't willing to hold himself accountable. I don't care how GM's judge players. We've seen many GM's make critical errors of this nature and we'll see plenty more do it in the future. That doesn't influence my opinion any.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
It wasn't about you telling him anything. It was about you deluding yourself. Gary Bettman's stamp of approval doesn't validate or invalidate anyone's opinion of this situation. He probably does have an NHL future and I hope it's not with my team because I don't want a player like him on my team who isn't willing to hold himself accountable. I don't care how GM's judge players. We've seen many GM's make critical errors of this nature and we'll see plenty more do it in the future. That doesn't influence my opinion any.
Again, your opinion is fine. Its just not one that would be shared by any reasonable human being. And not one shared by the NHL commissioner or likely any NHL GM. A mistake at 17 doesn't define anyone. Your opinion doesn't really matter when it comes to a player who has shown no character issues in the past 2 years and who has a bright NHL future and who is well liked on his team by fellow players and coaches.

If he makes a mistake in his 20's then we will revisit.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Again, your opinion is fine. Its just not one that would be shared by any reasonable human being. And not one shared by the NHL commissioner or likely any NHL GM. A mistake at 17 doesn't define anyone. Your opinion doesn't really matter when it comes to a player who has shown no character issues in the past 2 years and who has a bright NHL future and who is well liked on his team by fellow players and coaches.

If he makes a mistake in his 20's then we will revisit.
What you define as a reasonable human being is completely arbitrary. What the commissioner uses as means to approve someone playing in the NHL only means so much. You also literally have no idea what any NHL GM actually thinks on the matter. There were lots of them unwilling to draft the kid at the time because of it. I also never said that a mistake at 17 defines someone because it doesn't. You're choosing to ignore the why it defines him to me for your own biased purposes.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
What you define as a reasonable human being is completely arbitrary. What the commissioner uses as means to approve someone playing in the NHL only means so much. You also literally have no idea what any NHL GM actually thinks on the matter. There were lots of them unwilling to draft the kid at the time because of it. I also never said that a mistake at 17 defines someone because it doesn't. You're choosing to ignore the why it defines him to me for your own biased purposes.
Why it defines him to you is your prerogative. Its just not something a reasonable human being would adopt. :)

I choose not to judge people on the mistakes they made at 17 years old. But that's just me.

IF we did judge people on their mistakes at 17, then no NHL player would measure up in your Barbie utopian world.

• Haha
Reactions: viceroy and Grinner

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Why it defines him to you is your prerogative. Its just not something a reasonable human being would adopt. :)

I choose not to judge people on the mistakes they made at 17 years old. But that's just me.

IF we did judge people on their mistakes at 17, then no NHL player would measure up in your Barbie utopian world.
Just because someone has a different prerogative and standard doesn't mean that they're unreasonable. You choosing to ignore the why and engage in the actual point really points to you being unreasonable on this matter.

Again, I'm not choosing to judge someone on the mistake they made at 17 years old. You're choosing to let it pass because it benefits your team to do so and pretend the criticisms aren't valid.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Just because someone has a different prerogative and standard doesn't mean that they're unreasonable. You choosing to ignore the why and engage in the actual point really points to you being unreasonable on this matter.

Again, I'm not choosing to judge someone on the mistake they made at 17 years old. You're choosing to let it pass because it benefits your team to do so and pretend the criticisms aren't valid.
Yeah, you are choosing to judge someone on the mistake they made at 17 years old. But that's ok. Unreasonable human beings lives matter too! ;)

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

“It was totally irresponsible and a stupid act that I committed without thinking twice. For that lack of judgment on my part, I was fined by Swedish law,” Mailloux said. “I know I caused a lot of harm to this person and her family, and I regret doing this stupid and egotistical act. I deeply regret it.

“What I did now is, unfortunately, a part of both her life and mine. I’ve apologized to her, but nonetheless, this will follow her for the rest of her life. And for that, I deeply and sincerely regret it… I promise I won’t let anybody down and I want to use my personal story to be a part of the solution moving forward.”

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah, you are choosing to judge someone on the mistake they made at 17 years old. But that's ok. Unreasonable human beings lives matter too! ;)
No, I'm choosing to judge the kid for an ongoing issue. You're choosing to ignore that.
“It was totally irresponsible and a stupid act that I committed without thinking twice. For that lack of judgment on my part, I was fined by Swedish law,” Mailloux said. “I know I caused a lot of harm to this person and her family, and I regret doing this stupid and egotistical act. I deeply regret it.

“What I did now is, unfortunately, a part of both her life and mine. I’ve apologized to her, but nonetheless, this will follow her for the rest of her life. And for that, I deeply and sincerely regret it… I promise I won’t let anybody down and I want to use my personal story to be a part of the solution moving forward.”
Do you actually know what that 'apology' is? Is any level of what could constitute an apology the same to you? If you got victimized in a similar manner, would a text message of sorry count as an apology to you? If it does then you believe the victim is unreasonable. That's on you and your pathetically low standards all so that you can have your player.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
No, I'm choosing to judge the kid for an ongoing issue. You're choosing to ignore that.

Do you actually know what that 'apology' is? Is any level of what could constitute an apology the same to you? If you got victimized in a similar manner, would a text message of sorry count as an apology to you? If it does then you believe the victim is unreasonable. That's on you and your pathetically low standards all so that you can have your player.
So what was his apology to the victim? Can you provide it to me so we can review and assess together? The victim said his apology was 3 sentences. So the kid is not Shakespeare....

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
So what was his apology to the victim? Can you provide it to me so we can review and assess together? The victim said his apology was 3 sentences. So the kid is not Shakespeare....
That's between the two of them. We know what's been made public and if you choose to dismiss the victim's thoughts on the matter, that's your choice. You don't have to be Shakespeare to write an apology and send it to them. It's a pretty regular occurrence. All I see here is excuses for not obliging a simple request to someone that I'm supposed to believe you feel remorseful towards victimizing. The acts seem to undercut the words and you're quick to make excuses and run interference for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad