OT: MSG+ app

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I today this pm installed it on my Samsung AU8000 43 inch model, about 2-ish yrs old, which i got from B&H,

I am using spectrum.
I have a basic package $49/mo reduced, but then they hit you if you want to record, also does not include broadcast charge or some other fee they ping you for.

But the OS is via Samsung
I went to all apps which is a few clicks to the left on my setup.
You don't immediately see it w/individual [entertainment/specialty] apps.
You have to go into where Sports apps are
Then select install,
it gives you a code.

You then go to msgplus site on the internet
enter provided code
follow prompts, select teams
it was not obvious/intuitive about choosing the payment plan
I saw upcoming Rangers game on menu, locked, clicked on it, THAT gave me access to set up a pay plan

No game experience yet, checking out some 70s Knicks, looks good, and I have the super el cheapo minimum throughput.

Trust all found this helpful.

There was an option to activate for free if you had this paid via your provider -- in this case spectrum -- but the idea here is to be free of that and have msg provide directly w/no middle man

best to all
bern

Sorry, was typing it, I quoted you before I provided my update.

Was your experience w/dif Samsung model and possibly another provider [that should not be overriding that you are going thru Samsung] such that you are still stuck, or was this of any help?
I'll check again. It wasn't available last week or off downloading. As most newer Titan OS won't allow downloads from URLs now. The newer models no longer have a developer option. I'll see if the store updated.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I'll check again. It wasn't available last week or off downloading. As most newer Titan OS won't allow downloads from URLs now. The newer models no longer have a developer option. I'll see if the store updated.
Good luck
I was concerned that accessing the internet from the tv, I might have to try along lines of as you describe.
But again, pt I stress fyi, is I did find msg+ app, but had to look in sports under apps.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Good luck
I was concerned that accessing the internet from the tv, I might have to try along lines of as you describe.
But again, pt I stress fyi, is I did find msg+ app, but had to look in sports under apps.
Can confirm they recently added it as a downloadable .tfk app (no need to download from internet) Good catch. I'll test and compare it to my IPTV.

Reactions: bernmeister

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Can you record the game? Or is there no DVR function?
Did not see but have not yet logged on for a game event.
Ans: I don't think so, but item is moot b'c (I think) they are listing all the games of that team, and you can watch them whenever (again I think), so recording is not nec; unless they delete content monthly/weekly etc and you either want to hold on to a favorite game or catch up if you are way behind...

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
Still getting the slight stuttering when chromecasting to TV from phone

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
I watched live and still had a meh experience from it. The on demand replay works great, but they had some issues live. At least for me.
I emailed MSG support about it just for shits and giggles and they gave a canned response. On laptop, it's fine. I don't ask for much.

Andriano224

Aug 2, 2021
I also had problems with the MSG+ app. In fact, I heard from many people that there were problems. I am outraged by this. People are getting paid, and they can't test the app properly.
I was lucky to have a friend who knows a lot about software (he works for software company with web application development service) and fixed everything for me. I couldn't have done it myself, but I shouldn't have had such problems.

Last edited:

Lundqvist 30 NY

Feb 8, 2012
NY
Getting the account already linked to TVE. What can I do to bypass it? I am trying to login with someone's optimum. My friend was able to use someone else's but I can't for whatever reason because I keep getting this error

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Getting the account already linked to TVE. What can I do to bypass it? I am trying to login with someone's optimum. My friend was able to use someone else's but I can't for whatever reason because I keep getting this error
"You are permitted to have a maximum of five (5) unique devices per MSG+ account, and a maximum of two (2) simultaneous streams per MSG+ account."
Do you know how many are linked?

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
Just use a free streaming site like everyone else. This is a waste and Dolan is just being greedy
Having the ability to pause, skip, or watch from the beginning even if it's midgame is pretty important for someone like myself. Most free streams seem to have done away with this ability and only play live.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
What happened to the Full Game replays being available On-Demand a day or two after the game?

This was such a great feature....you could watch a replay of the games a day or more after at the start of the season but it seems like they got rid of it. full game replays no longer show up for me on the site.

anyone else seeing the same thing? if it matters, i don't explicitly pay for MSG+ service, I just use it to watch on the go or on my PC after signing in with my TV provider to verify access to MSG.

9dto8Ax.png

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad