OT: Movie Thread

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Thinking my expectations were a bit too high going into the new Spiderverse based on the rotten tomatoes score and word of mouth.

Didn’t think it was anything too special and it lacked much of the heart that I loved about the original.

To each their own.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Watching 'Pride of the Yankees' on MLB Network it just occurred to me that the actor who played Lou Gehrig's father, Ludwig Stössel, also had a small but memorable scene in 'Casablanca'

1688878396311.png

1688878430846.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
We're less than a decade away from a full AI movie at this point, provided it doesn't get outlawed somehow (and it probably should).

When that Star Wars prequel (Rogue One I think) came out and had a nearly perfect CGI Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin as well as CGI Carrie Fisher in a cameo, it opened those floodgates.
I'm okay with CGI on a limited basis. But one of the reasons Top Gun Maverick was fantastic was that you had real actors in real planes doing most of the aerial shots. I think it does make a difference.

The thought of a totally AI movie kind of creeps me out. Like, what's the point?

:wally:

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I'm okay with CGI on a limited basis. But one of the reasons Top Gun Maverick was fantastic was that you had real actors in real planes doing most of the aerial shots. I think it does make a difference.

The thought of a totally AI movie kind of creeps me out. Like, what's the point?

OT, but creepy enough,

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH

Mission Impossible will clean up at the box office.

Tom Cruise is Hollywood’s last hope.

I went and read the transcript for the tape recording of the story planning for Raiders of the Lost Ark.

That may be a perfect movie.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Mission Impossible will clean up at the box office.

Tom Cruise is Hollywood’s last hope.

I went and read the transcript for the tape recording of the story planning for Raiders of the Lost Ark.

That may be a perfect movie.

I think the only mission impossible movie I watched was the first one. May have to watch some of the others.

They are trying to talk Cruise into doing TG3. I hope it happens but no idea what the story line would be. Plus Maverick would probably be pushing 70 by the time it came out lol.

I miss the big summer movies from the 80s.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I think the only mission impossible movie I watched was the first one. May have to watch some of the others.

They are trying to talk Cruise into doing TG3. I hope it happens but no idea what the story line would be. Plus Maverick would probably be pushing 70 by the time it came out lol.

I miss the big summer movies from the 80s.
I saw the first one in the early 2000s or whenever they came out.

Went many many years without seeing the sequels until a few summers ago when I was bored and going through a divorce. I think I even watched one of them on my phone.

They’re all good to very good to excellent.
I couldn’t really tell you what happens in any of them, but the beauty is, much like the Bond films you can pretty much jump in at any point and be able to understand the plot without needing to catch up.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
I flew fighters and graduated from Top Gun, and even I hate that movie….. And no. The cockpit scenes in the second one aren’t any more realistic than the first one….
Even so, that doesn't make Tom Cruise a bad guy!
I worked on 3 of movies and had a few chats with him, and he is a very nice guy.
I find it odd that people can not like a guy or gal without even meeting them.
It's just like being mad about something that you have no control over, both are a waste of energy and time.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Oh, I know they're out there. I'm meaning more in todays age, like post 2015.

Seems like the Borat, The Hangover, basically everything Judd Apatow has gone out the window.

I never liked the Borat stuff, though if it made life difficult for certain people, great.

Off the Top of My Head Dept. How about,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad