Mouthguards

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I'm definitely afraid of losing my chiclets from a high stick or a puck. I figure I should go for a full cage, but haven't. I've worn on-and-off my mouth guard, but it's kinda crappy. Any suggestions on mouthguards? The cheapo $1 ones look better than what I got. They seem to thin enough where it feels ok, and figure I can semi-mold them to my teeth.

bmxer

Apr 14, 2004
Finland
I have the black and white mouthguard from Canadian Tire, they are like 5 bux. The trick is to mold it really well the FIRST time.

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
spend the extra $ and get a SHOCK DOCTOR mouthguard .. they're noticeably superior to others (mold really well and stick to the top of your mouth much more)and the additional-hard plastic reinforcing over the two front teeth provide added protection from straight-on blows

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I went and got a $2 boil and bite one. It molded real well and wasn't bad wearing around after I got it molded...but I'm still not liking it when I'm playing. I'm guessing I'm gonna have to get used to it even if I used one brand or another. Probably gonna be like that unless I get a custom one from the dentist.

StorminZ

Jun 3, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Raven25 said:
spend the extra $ and get a SHOCK DOCTOR mouthguard .. they're noticeably superior to others (mold really well and stick to the top of your mouth much more)and the additional-hard plastic reinforcing over the two front teeth provide added protection from straight-on blows

ShockDoctor mouthguards are quite popular with my kids' peewee team. The material/composition and molding (boil and bite) seem to create a more comfortable fit.

BTW, do not be fooled ... a mouthguard is as much about concussion prevention as it is about teeth ... take a puck in the mouth with a mouthguard, and you may still lose a few chiclets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad