Mourinho out

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Klopp last year with BVB, but Klopp is like five times the manager Moaninho is.

I see the comparison, but Klopp didn't have a squad as expensive as Mourinho and the latter also didn't have to deal with losing his best forward. Chelsea's failure this season strikes me as unprecedented in magnitude.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Unrotator?

Who else are they going to find right now who'd be better? He's proven he can win at the highest level and will likely get the buy-in from the players on top of employing smarter tactics for that team. Mourinho kept going defensive and he wasn't getting the best out of a lot of his best players.

Still think he ends up at Bayern if Pep does in fact leave.

It wouldn't surprise me, but unless he's already been approached Chelsea could move for him now.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Who else are they going to find right now who'd be better? He's proven he can win at the highest level and will likely get the buy-in from the players on top of employing smarter tactics for that team. Mourinho kept going defensive and he wasn't getting the best out of a lot of his best players.

Carlo is great when it comes to tactics; his implementation of the 4-4-2 at Madrid was brilliant, not a lot of teams in modern football can easily switch from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2.

I just hope for Chelsea players he will make earlier subs and rotate a little more because the players look burned out (if he goes back there of course)

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
lets face facts--most EPL fans were hoping Jose lasted the year and chelsea got relagated--it would have been the greatest season ever--no Chelsea in the EPL next year--who would the media talk about?

Jul 26, 2007
Vermont
I'm old enough to remember the last time Chelsea were in what's now the Championship, and I'm only 34. They weren't that big a club until Roman came.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
He didnt say he won Euro Cups with Chelsea, but that he put them on the Euro map

Nuance
By what measure? Being in charge of a suddenly hilariously rich club who were effectively guaranteed success? Making them a relevant team in Europe is different from achieving anything in European competition. The odd CL semi-final is ultimately not that much, considering the resources available and what he proved capable of elsewhere.

I daresay your interpretation was correct but I think I covered both potential bases with that one. In any case, I think there was one man responsible for Chelsea suddenly being in Europe all the time and it wasn't Mourinho.

lets face facts--most EPL fans were hoping Jose lasted the year and chelsea got relagated--it would have been the greatest season ever--no Chelsea in the EPL next year--who would the media talk about?
Probably the other teams in the league

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The community shield is like a friendly cup. It's just for fun before the season starts.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
The community shield is like a friendly cup. It's just for fun before the season starts.

Oh I know. I wasn't really celebrating it either because I knew Arsenal would lost to them in league competition, like usual because Wenger is a useless ****ing twit when he goes up against a great manager. I just don't remember seeing the "IT DOESN'T COUNT!!" movement when they beat Man City for it as I did with Chelsea.

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
E9HaAFZ.png

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Oh I know. I wasn't really celebrating it either because I knew Arsenal would lost to them in league competition, like usual because Wenger is a useless ****ing twit when he goes up against a great manager. I just don't remember seeing the "IT DOESN'T COUNT!!" movement when they beat Man City for it as I did with Chelsea.
Nobody counts the Community Shield as a trophy, doesn't matter who you play. It's especially sad to use it as an argument over who the better manager is.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Nobody counts the Community Shield as a trophy, doesn't matter who you play. It's especially sad to use it as an argument over who the better manager is.

Comparing Wenger to Moaninho is sad in general. Wenger pissed himself every time he went up against him.

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Jorge Calabrés
‏@JorgeCalabres
Gritos de "José Mourinho, José Mourinho" en el Palacio tras la victoria del @RMBaloncesto ¡Muy grandes!

Fans at the Palacio watching Real Madrid basketball play are chanting Mourinhos name

:laugh:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think they made a mistake.

How can you say the problem was the manager? Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Azpi, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Oscar, Costa were all terrible this season. How is that on the manager?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009

How can you say the problem was the manager? Terry, Cahill, Ivanovic, Azpi, Matic, Fabregas, Hazard, Oscar, Costa were all terrible this season. How is that on the manager?

I would assume the thought is that he has lost the team, and that they have completely tuned him out. I don't think that would be an unreasonable assessment, they are playing with none of the discipline and structure they showed last season.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008

I don't necessarily have an opinion on it one way or the other, but as they say: you can't fire the whole team.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

All players look far worse when the manager is messing up

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Ancelotti should be hired right now.

yeah but reports are that Hiddink is taking over until the end of the season. Which makes you wonder, maybe Ancelotti has agreed something with Bayern already.

I would assume the thought is that he has lost the team, and that they have completely tuned him out. I don't think that would be an unreasonable assessment, they are playing with none of the discipline and structure they showed last season.

the thing is I don't understand what happened? just a few months ago they won the league... was it the doctor lady incident? I can't fathom the entire team is "playing bad" on purpose to get him fired or something. Certainly the cohesion the had last season has been lost. As the bad results have come Mourinho has certainly become an embarrassment with his attitude. So perhaps the manager/player and overall locker room and moral situation is down the toilet. But still. It's just a really bizarre turn events. I can't think of any other team in European football dropping like this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad