Mount Rushmore of drinkable offenses…..

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Mentions Jacques Lemaire
This one I understand. If I knew Jacques Lemaire, I would name drop him constantly.

"Do you know, people these days, when they eat pancakes, they eat them in a way, well, in a way that's sort of strange. Back in my day Jacques Lemaire would never have eaten pancakes with his players, but he, instead, he would have shown us how to eat pancakes on our own, so that we'd do it the right way."
-Wes Walz during breakfast

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Man it’s to the point now that any time Walz’s face shows up on the screen I just drink.
His face is a drinkable offense.
His voice is a drinkable offense.
The way he calls players by their first name “Marcus, Kirill, Joel…”, or Hartman “Hartzy”; drinkable offense.
Every time he says “play smart”; drinkable offense.
Whenever he leads off a statement with “well, often times when…” which is almost always followed by an incoherent rant; drinkable offense.

Reactions: Blue Ox

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This one I understand. If I knew Jacques Lemaire, I would name drop him constantly.

"Do you know, people these days, when they eat pancakes, they eat them in a way, well, in a way that's sort of strange. Back in my day Jacques Lemaire would never have eaten pancakes with his players, but he, instead, he would have shown us how to eat pancakes on our own, so that we'd do it the right way."
-Wes Walz during breakfast
I am all about mentioning Jacques all the time, so I will once again mention (drink, everyone)how he lived a couple of houses over from Mr. Walker, the cool coach of my legendary Mosquito AA team, pictured to the far left of my avatar pic.
Lemaire was a young hotshot with the Canadiens at the time, and the heir apparent to the #1C spot that had been manned for 15 years or so by Beliveau. He had a signing bonus GTO, and would go up and down the quiet street gunning the engine, which was not small…this was the muscle car era still.
It’s hard to believe that he morphed into a defense first, conservative coach years later, but I can see why and how it happened, in retrospect.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Finish your drink: Walz fails to correctly pronounce even the most mildly unusual last name, then immediately mispronounces it again entirely differently.

Laferriere and Lafrenierre being in the league at the same time makes this one assured to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad