Proposal: Moulson for J.T. Miller

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Unless we keep giving up 9 goals (lol) the Rangers' window is pretty short-term, which means Moulson's higher value for us.

Don't think Isles do it, though. They have more Millers than Moulsons for sure.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
No chance the Isles would do it. As a Rangers fan (forgetting about the cap, because I have no idea what the cap implications would be) I would definitely lean towards doing it. Our relatively bare prospect cupboard is a bit concerning though.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Why would we do it? That's a Neil Smith move.

We're weak on LW? You're trading a good prospect for a proven 30-goal scorer who's great on the PP and great in front of the net (two of our weaknesses), and we're a team that's is in its window to be a contender. And there's no guarantee that Miller ever becomes a contributor to this team like Moulson would be (just like there's no guarantee that Moulson won't flop like the Gomez/Drury/Holik/Kamenskys of yesteryear...but I'd take my chances on Moulson).

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
We're weak on LW? You're trading a good prospect for a proven 30-goal scorer who's great on the PP and great in front of the net (two of our weaknesses), and we're a team that's is in its window to be a contender. And there's no guarantee that Miller ever becomes a contributor to this team like Moulson would be (just like there's no guarantee that Moulson won't flop like the Gomez/Drury/Holik/Kamenskys of yesteryear...but I'd take my chances on Moulson).

He's only proven playing with Tavares.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
He's only proven playing with Tavares.

We certainly don't have a player like Tavares up front, but with Nash, Stepan, Richards, Cally, Zucc, Brassard...we have a good group with diverse talents, and I think Moulson would slot in perfectly with the group we currently have.

BarbaraAlphanse

My Islander friend and I had a difference in opinion on this trade. So we decided to ask the boards? Moulson for Miller straight up as Ranger fans do you do it? Moulson contract is up at seasons end.

This might be one of the worst trade proposals i've read on here.

Miller could be similar to Kessler. Moulson is a product of Tavares.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
We certainly don't have a player like Tavares up front, but with Nash, Stepan, Richards, Cally, Zucc, Brassard...we have a good group with diverse talents, and I think Moulson would slot in perfectly with the group we currently have.

I don't see it. At least not for Miller. Until proven otherwise, he suffers from Dom Moore syndrome.

BarbaraAlphanse

Just like Kreider and Kristo would slot in perfectly with them?

Don't underestimate the importance of chemistry. For Moulson, Tavares is the best he's gonna do and he's taken it and ran with it.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Hm...I feel like you guys are vastly underrating Moulson...maybe I'm overrating him? I don't know, I'm a fan of Miller, but I would strongly consider this trade (again, pretending that the cap is not an issue). I'd love to have Moulson on this team.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Um, I would probably do this trade without losing much sleep. Not sure the undervaluing of Moulson (whom I really dislike) here; is it because we hate the Islanders? I don't think he'd produce as well without Tavares, but Miller is probably going to end up a 2nd/3rd tweener and Moulson, while one dimension (and hideous) is at least a pretty solid top-six winger (offensively) and PP guy.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Um, I would probably do this trade without losing much sleep. Not sure the undervaluing of Moulson (whom I really dislike) here; is it because we hate the Islanders? I don't think he'd produce as well without Tavares, but Miller is probably going to end up a 2nd/3rd tweener and Moulson, while one dimension (and hideous) is at least a pretty solid top-six winger (offensively) and PP guy.

Except Moulson isn't signed. I'd take the risk if he was signed to a reasonable contract.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I guess I agree with that. I don't think Miller has a ton of value outside of our organization, so the topic is probably moot, but a rental Moulson is a lot less intriguing.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Oct 8, 2010
No thanks, Miller is a key piece moving forward. Hopefully he'll develop into our second line center, he has the tools to do so.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
miller-genuine-draft.jpg

for

269d1312337033-not-official-shiner-bock-beer-thread-molson-canadian-beer-2-jpg

??

I go Canadian here every time (sorry about the spelling here omitting the silent u)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I guess I agree with that. I don't think Miller has a ton of value outside of our organization, so the topic is probably moot, but a rental Moulson is a lot less intriguing.

Miller has more value than you'd think, IMO. He's going to be a 2nd/3rd line player in this league, pretty much guaranteed.

PIM

Aug 1, 2013
NY
A home grown, physical, hard working 19 year old player who's probably our most well rounded prospect for an almost 30 year old Islander that makes almost 4 mil a year and is about to go FA? Are you serious right now, and have you learned nothing as a Rangers fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad