Most Valuable to the Leafs Organization

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Select who is most valuable to the Leafs Organization.

2016 1st Overall Pick (Auston Matthews/Patrick Laine)

Brendan Shanahan

Mark Hunter

Mike Babcock

Lou Lamiorello

Others (ex. Dubas, Keefe, Belfry, Pridham, Rielly, Marner, Nylander etc.)

Remember, valuable as in, if they were to go, the Leafs would be in a lot worse shape.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Select who is most valuable to the Leafs Organization.

2016 1st Overall Pick (Auston Matthews/Patrick Laine)

Brendan Shanahan

Mark Hunter

Mike Babcock

Lou Lamiorello

Others (ex. Dubas, Keefe, Belfry, Pridham, Rielly, Marner, Nylander etc.)

Remember, valuable as in, if they were to go, the Leafs would be in a lot worse shape.

Not an easy question to answer, they are all very important to this organization

They all have roles that are very important as far as I am concerned

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Matthews indicated that the Leafs have a world class coach in his interview today.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Not an easy question to answer, they are all very important to this organization

They all have roles that are very important as far as I am concerned

Exactly. It's just a question I've been thinking about. Who would leave the most significant damage if he were to leave for another team or get moved to another team.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Mark Hunter. But he needs Shanny to establish the culture to be patient and draft their future rather than trading picks and signing UFA's. Then Babcock gets to make into real players and a unified team.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Shanny because if not for him none of the other poll options would even be here.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Competent management should be an expectation for this franchise. I realize people aren't used to this yet.

1st overall talent is rare and should be much harder to come by.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Voted Matthews (not Laine... It shouldn't be an option up there). Getting great hockey minds is easier than a big responsible two way #1C. With that said, they've done a fantastic job so far but they all know that there is still a long road ahead.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
It's early but...Shanahan because contracts/accomplishments aside, there's no guarantee his replacement would want to retain his predecessor's hires. Wanted to go with the 1st just for what he could do on the ice, but a plan has to be in place to have the best odds of landing that player to begin with.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
It's hard to seperate them - but it's been Shanahan that brought the pieces all together.

He's smart enough to know that he doesn't have all the answers - and that's a very valuable trait to have in a guy running an organization.

saminator

Jan 24, 2016
Shanahan has been the most underrated hiring imo... Without shanahan there'd be no babcock, hunter, etc. He'll have a statue in legends row when we win the cup in 5-10 years ( I hope) :naughty::sarcasm:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I hate the question because they are all essential in their own regard.

We've had terrible management for ever; and everything starts from the psychology of management down.

It's like a CEO of a company and his rainmakers... you need the competent leadership and the people to deliver. You don't have one without the other. The business will fail without the best rainmakers and the business will fail without peopler guidance.

Burke/Wilson were just terrible in my opinion.

Without Babacock, Shanny, and Lou; we don't have the number 1 pick. If we still had Burke; it's extremely likely in my opinion we would have not tanked.

Let's just be happy we have Matthews + Marner + Rielly + Babcock + Shannahan + Lou + Nylander etc.

I know it's just a hypothetical; but there really isn't an answer because they are all important for success.

If a company has poor management; and great talented employees; they won't succeed because nobody will work. If you have a terrible coach, you cannot get the most out of your players.

They are equal.

I really love Shannahan and the leadership he has brought.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Shanny
He came in with a plan that we as fans can embrace that was going to require some pain and has not waverd or deviated from it the rest comes from that.
He has made decisions and hired according to that philosophy
Everyone else comes from that monumentus decision

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
As of today? Probably Mark Hunter. If we want success moving forward we need to trust that his picks last draft and in the upcoming drafts are going to be studs.

I don't think anyone in the management office is really any different though. I'd say Matthews is after the management team. What they do will ultimately be more important than what 1 player does.

GiveYourHeadaShake

Apr 6, 2011
Kyle, extraskater, Cam Charron....

...and the other analytics guys.

The last draft was the bomb. The free agents-to-trade pick ups were great. These "nerds" feed Babcock and Lou exactly what they need to do their job. This is the best last place machine in the history of last place machines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad