OT: Most valuable rookie card

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I hate all these variants and stuff. I miss the good old regular o-pee-chee/topps cards with the gum. I miss the gum.
Just bought two boxes of 89-90 opc. Between the 2 boxes I pulled 2 leetches, 3 fleury and zero Sakic RC’s. I already have 2 Sakic RC’s, so that’s ok. Both Leetch RC look like solid 9’s or 10’s tbh. 1 theo looks like a 10 and two were poorly cut and off-centered.

It’s pretty fun ripping these packs tbh.

Reactions: Anardil and MarkJ

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Not that much. I have both Fedorov and Bure in Young Guns UD cards. Have Brodeur and Lidstrom RC also.

Not one of them is worth more than 100$, so I doubt Slaf is a strong investment.
The game has changed. Unfortunately, everything was so mass produced in those 90-91 upper deck sets. You can still get 100$ for a PSA 10 Jagr, but yeah, because there are so many of them, most don’t have much value. I’ve still got them all as part of collection. Tbh it’s my favourite set, but the mass production ruined the value. The amount of top RC’s in that 90-91 upper deck set is ridiculous. Modano, Jagr, Fedorov, Nolan, Ricci, Roenick, Belfour, Joseph, Larianov, Fetisov, Makarov, Bure and on and on.

Slaf’s card is already outperforming most of them.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
ok, I am 72. when I was 7,8,9 years we used to play a hockey card game. everyone had hockey cards at that age. We got together 3-4 guys and played this game. bring your cards and then take 1 card and push it against the wall, let go and it would fall and flip all the way to the floor. if my card landed on someones card I pick up my card and the card it landed on. So you can imagine trying to land your card on cards you did not own. We played that a lot back then. anybody today play this?

Reactions: Toene

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Yes that gum it the old cards pack was awsome. I made the mistake back in the day to glue the cards to a scrapbook with that clear glue with the rubber dabber .Took away any chance of my old cards were worth anything.I remember steaming the paper to get them unattached from the scrapbook .Still have them after all these years.Bobby Orr , Tony Esposito era.Late 60's 70's cards .Oh and yes remembering playing flip the cards.I think if you matched the other guys flip you won lol

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Quinn Hughes may break some records this year. I just bought his rookie card.

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I just finished off my '79-80 OPC set. Picked up 15 commons off eBay. Some guy was selling them individually. Nice condition. I am retired now, seen it about a month ago decided to try and finish it. Started it in grade 9
I have the 77 to 81 sets. gathered them at that time back way. I still have the cardboard lock box that they had us purchase from a magazine. lol!

Reactions: cphabs

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
The game has changed. Unfortunately, everything was so mass produced in those 90-91 upper deck sets. You can still get 100$ for a PSA 10 Jagr, but yeah, because there are so many of them, most don’t have much value. I’ve still got them all as part of collection. Tbh it’s my favourite set, but the mass production ruined the value. The amount of top RC’s in that 90-91 upper deck set is ridiculous. Modano, Jagr, Fedorov, Nolan, Ricci, Roenick, Belfour, Joseph, Larianov, Fetisov, Makarov, Bure and on and on.

Slaf’s card is already outperforming most of them.
What is our golden boys rookie card worth now.?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad