Most productive rookie next season...

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Jiri Hudler is tearing it up in the AHL playoffs , if Lang is traded i could see him produce some good numbers .

There also Wojtek Wolski with the Avs .

sammyp

Dec 2, 2005
Laguna Niguel, CA
markzab79 said:
Who do you think will be the most productive first year NHL player this coming season and why? If Malkin plays just forget he exists in this topic, lol.

Also, how do you guys think Bobby Ryan will do?

Bobby Ryan will most likely not be in the NHL next year (8-9 games at most). He's too young to play in the AHL, so he'll return to Owen Sound.

On Axis

Mad Vlad
Mar 27, 2006
Gilbert Brule should be a monster next year, especially if he centers Nash and Vyborny.

Corona-12

May 17, 2006
BC, Canada
Fozz said:
Brule will have to avoid injuries to get top-scoring rookie title.

I really need to ask why everyone thinks Brule is prone to injuries? He broke a leg for christ's sake, thats one thing. He had that other injury, yes. He was very unforunate, however he isn't an injury prone guy. It has to be pretty severe to keep Brule out of the line-up, he is as tough as nails and will play through pain.

gretzky1545

Jun 8, 2004
Corona-12 said:
I really need to ask why everyone thinks Brule is prone to injuries? He broke a leg for christ's sake, thats one thing. He had that other injury, yes. He was very unforunate, however he isn't an injury prone guy. It has to be pretty severe to keep Brule out of the line-up, he is as tough as nails and will play through pain.

yeah, i hear the kid has heart, but from what i've heard the problem isnt that hes frail or succumbs to pain easily, its that he plays such a balls the wall style that with his frame, it could put his body in jeopardy more often than it can handle in the NHL. I don't necessarily agree, but I think its a valid concern.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
brazenhaven said:
yeah, i hear the kid has heart, but from what i've heard the problem isnt that hes frail or succumbs to pain easily, its that he plays such a balls the wall style that with his frame, it could put his body in jeopardy more often than it can handle in the NHL. I don't necessarily agree, but I think its a valid concern.
It is valid but Brule has a solid frame it's just a matter of filling it out like crosby has. Plus hes not gonna play balls out all the time in the NHL. Hes doing it now in junior because he can get a way with it. I expect he will rely much more on his superior intellegence and positioning skills in the NHL. He will also probably always finish his checks and will continiue to give it a 100 plus % in all zones and all situations on the ice. I just don't see him running a lot of players at the NHL level until he adds the neccassary muscle snd even then not so much as now.

Corona-12

May 17, 2006
BC, Canada
I just thought up some other names...they won't win a rookie scoring race or anything, but should have very good rookie seasons...

Luc Bourdon: Looks like he will be one of the Canucks top 4 d-men. He is the perfect fit for the new NHL. He has worked well against the Ramparts in a shut-down roll in the playoffs, and playing for team Canada showed he can appear on the scoresheet.

Roman Voloshenko: Responsible in both ends, scored 33 goals in his AHL rookie season. I could see him give the Wild some secondary scoring.

Nigel Dawes: Had a very good season in the AHL with 35 goals and 67 points. The Rangers need another goal scorer. Dawes size might be an issue, however if he can act like Gionta and surpase that, he could become a good 2nd liner.

Josh Hennessy: American centre for the Sharks. There isn't really any room for him to entire the Sharks line-up unless someone goes to wings. But if he somehow gets his way into 2nd line ice time, he will put up the points.

Keith Yandle: Wildcats defenceman. I believe he lead all d in scoring this year for the "Q". Not sure if he is ready, but if so, he could become a solid PP QB for Coach Gretzky

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
surixon said:
It is valid but Brule has a solid frame it's just a matter of filling it out like crosby has. Plus hes not gonna play balls out all the time in the NHL. Hes doing it now in junior because he can get a way with it. I expect he will rely much more on his superior intellegence and positioning skills in the NHL. He will also probably always finish his checks and will continiue to give it a 100 plus % in all zones and all situations on the ice. I just don't see him running a lot of players at the NHL level until he adds the neccassary muscle snd even then not so much as now.

Well he was injured through most of his draft year despite playing all 70 games. I'm quite convinced he would have scored at least 100 pts that year had he not played injured and would have been the consensus number 2. His stock took a small hit as a result, lucky Columbus. And there's also the fact that he broke his leg after what 2 games in the NHL?

Corona-12

May 17, 2006
BC, Canada
Leachmeister2000 said:
Well he was injured through most of his draft year despite playing all 70 games. I'm quite convinced he would have scored at least 100 pts that year had he not played injured and would have been the consensus number 2. His stock took a small hit as a result, lucky Columbus. And there's also the fact that he broke his leg after what 2 games in the NHL?

Again, breaking his leg is just unforunate. He took an strange hit. It shouldn't effect the rest of his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad