Most Offensive Potential n 2007

SniperTom

Sep 13, 2005
Esposito has got tons of offensive upside, but I am not saying he is a sure bet. If he gets to play in the right environment and really works hard. I think he can produce some offensive numbers

Bobby39

Jan 19, 2007
I would take Kane all day long...His vision is tops in the Draft! Esposito has the flare but I think at the next level he is going to struggle to create.

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007
Among the North American prospects, I'd say Pat Kane, Sam Gagner and David Perron. Don't forget the question is potential, will they reach it? Only time will tell...

LeafDangler

Apr 25, 2006
Absolute pure offensive potential: Esposito and its not even close. However the same was said about Alexander Daigle.

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007
I can't agree less with you. From what I've seen of Esposito his offensive vison/stickhandling-hands/shooting-release are very average...He often looks like a deer on the ice...

Absolute pure offensive potential: Esposito and its not even close. However the same was said about Alexander Daigle.

LeafDangler

Apr 25, 2006
On pure offensive potential, I would think Turris is close.

As much as I like Turris he falls into a category which is difficult to evaluate due to the league he plays in. I believe that this will hurt his position but whoevever gets him will be happy. Didn't Paul Kariya come out of the same league?

I can't agree less with you. From what I've seen of Esposito his offensive vison/stickhandling-hands/shooting-release are very average...He often looks like a deer on the ice...

His offensive potential is the only thing keeping Esposito in the first round after his abysmal fall from scout's grace. I don't know what you watched but his puck handling and goal scoring are the best in the draft class. Its his hockey sense that is lacking along with work ethic. A combination that results in his uncertain status this year.

brightscout

Jan 24, 2007
No offence buddy, but I think you overrate his puck handling and his goal scoring. By the way, if my memory is good, he only has 19 goals this year which is not impressive for someone who is suppose to go #1.

My conclusion, Esposito offensive's abilites are overrated. Time will tell if I'm right or wrong...

As much as I like Turris he falls into a category which is difficult to evaluate due to the league he plays in. I believe that this will hurt his position but whoevever gets him will be happy. Didn't Paul Kariya come out of the same league?

His offensive potential is the only thing keeping Esposito in the first round after his abysmal fall from scout's grace. I don't know what you watched but his puck handling and goal scoring are the best in the draft class. Its his hockey sense that is lacking along with work ethic. A combination that results in his uncertain status this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad