Most of our defensemen have regressed

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
I’m okay with the play of our young D core overall this season. As has been mentioned it’s very difficult to hide as a young D, they have a lot more responsibilities at the same age as other positions. First and second year F’s can take shifts off and people hardly notice however when a young D plays the same they are usually lit up. Add to that HuGo seem to be showcasing Struble & Harris to free up space for next year’s D roster, there’s plenty of pressure.
As a side note, Matheson has really looked good this year & I could see teams interested in him at TDL.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I’m okay with the play of our young D core overall this season. As has been mentioned it’s very difficult to hide as a young D, they have a lot more responsibilities at the same age as other positions. First and second year F’s can take shifts off and people hardly notice however when a young D plays the same they are usually lit up. Add to that HuGo seem to be showcasing Struble & Harris to free up space for next year’s D roster, there’s plenty of pressure.
As a side note, Matheson has really looked good this year & I could see teams interested in him at TDL.
Matheson is flat-out a defensive liability. Good skater, good offense; a nightmare on defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad