Most important forward?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Foligno is my favorite (he's been underrated here for years).

But I voted Saad (he's the most underrated this year).

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think of him as simultaneously a brooding loner who is too nutty to be captain, and as a real leader who can be called the heart and soul of the team along with Foligno. No contradiction there, in my opinion.

That is true. He does play emotionally on the ice.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
I go Wennberg if you're thinking now and future. Dude is a really fine playmaker.

That said, nice to have a talented group of forwards.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Foligno's like, my fifth or sixth favorite forward. But then my favorite is Hartnell, who is one of about five who don't really have a claim.

Hartnell is also among my favorites. Agree he doesn't have a claim to being the top forward, his production has been excellent for a guy getting 12 minutes a night, playing on the bottom two lines. Production aside, I think his skills aren't somewhat underrated on this Board.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
The reason Saad is underrated "this year" is that he has done next to nothing since mid-December.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The reason Saad is underrated "this year" is that he has done next to nothing since mid-December.

He hasn't been good since then, agreed, but bozos were complaining about him and his contract when he was leading the league in even strength scoring. That's quite the underrating.

Arch City Zach

Jun 10, 2011
Columbus, OH
archcityarmy.com
I think of him as simultaneously a brooding loner who is too nutty to be captain, and as a real leader who can be called the heart and soul of the team along with Foligno. No contradiction there, in my opinion.

He's not a loner, he's your dad. He comes home from work, he just wants a good glass of bourbon and a nice meal, but you d*mn kids keep doing things to get yelled at. Then mom (Foligno) comes in, soothes things over, tells you that your dad really does love you.

Or maybe I'm just projecting.

Inquiring Minds

Jul 12, 2007
Grandview, Ohio
He's not a loner, he's your dad. He comes home from work, he just wants a good glass of bourbon and a nice meal, but you d*mn kids keep doing things to get yelled at. Then mom (Foligno) comes in, soothes things over, tells you that your dad really does love you.

[Dubi looking out the front window, with bourbon in hand]
"HEY! YOU!! Yeah, you! Cindy! You d*mn kids, Get off my blue line!"
"And stay away from Bob, or I'll give you something to cry about!"

Ceff Jarter

Registered Duster
Aug 6, 2012
The answer is Wennberg. He has an elite hockey IQ.

How I would tier our forwards based on tangible hockey skills:

Elite: Wennberg
Tier 1- Atkinson, Saad , Foligno
Tier 2-Dubinsky
Tier 2B- Hartnell (maybe one-two years removed) Gagner Bjrorkstrand
Tier 3- Jenner Anderson Calvert Sedlak Karlsson

I never know what to do with Jenner. Every time I think he is destined to be a grinder, he makes some skilled play out of no where. However I don't think he has the consistent play making ability of the guys ahead of him.

The only forward I don't think could move up out of the Tier 3 group is Calvert. I think his role is pretty clearly defined and I'm happy he plays that role for the CBJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad