GDT: Most Extreme Hockey Challenge - 7:00 PM - MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Hughes has had to have made it known that he likes playing with Haula?? That’s the only reasonable explanation for why Haula has been stapled to Hughes all year.
They've played very well together and would have scored a lot more if Haula wasn't riding the worst shooting % of his career by like 10 points. Coaches have to believe that will turn around eventually (and it basically has to).

Edit: Sounded snarkier than I meant.

Last edited:

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
I like our chances tonight. I'm not freaking out with the possibility of getting "goalied" tonight by Jarry sorry you ain't Ulmark or that Russia cat with Carolina. We also have had way more recent success v.s Pitt than Boston and Carolina. So yeah feeling we'll get back on track and stay a float here. Goals will come back. Haula shouldn't be in our top 6 lol.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
No more moral victories, just 2 points!

Also I wish Hughes could win draws for himself so we could stop having Haula on his line.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
With how well Clarke is playing, this should be Holtz last chance. If he doesn’t show something, he should go down to Utica after the dads trip and give Clarke a shot on that line.
I have no idea why he hasn't been sent down yet. I'm feeling like he may never be sent back to the AHL again.

That's almost definitely not the case, but it almost feels that way.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
LGD! I love MXC.

AggressiveImpracticalFirecrest-size_restricted.gif

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
View attachment 628187
Take a deep breath Bleed...
After Ruff's comments after the last game he played, I definitely didn't expect to see him tonight, especially since Vitek only allowed 2 goals.

Ruff knows we don't have any more time to experiment with giving him starts or getting him going and the breathing room just isn't there.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dammit wish the Dad's trip was longer. Dad's or mom's trip = heater!
Not necessarily.

I clearly remember winning a couple of the earlier dad's trip games, but I'm pretty sure the mom's trip was arguably one of our worst games of the 17-18 seasons. We were blown out something like 6-0 in Columbus and allowed like 50 shots on goal or something very close to it.

I only remember the 2020 dad's trip because it was during my several day internet sabbatical where I was having a nervous breakdown. I swear we got shutout that game and it was in St. Louis.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Nico Hischier got right to the front of the net last game and that's where he was able to put home our only goal. I'd love to see us go to the front of the net like that more than one time tonight. It's not a particularly difficult concept.

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad