Most embarrassing or sad wrestling moments

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Embarassing:

- The Katie Vick storyline
- Mae Young giving birth to a....hand??
- The “Sexual Chocolate” Mark Henry storyline with a transsexual.

Also the on-air mocking of Jim Ross’s Bell’s Palsy amongst other health issues was both sad and embarrassing.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

To this day probably the worst segment I have ever seen

Honorable mention to JR's "heel turn" after he came back from his Bell's Palsy attack that had him shelved for early 1999 God that shit was absolutely horrible

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

Brian Christopher's "return" checks off a lot of these boxes. Not the all time biggest instance though as this is wrestling.

Reactions: Kaner9

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Brian Christopher's "return" checks off a lot of these boxes. Not the all time biggest instance though as this is wrestling.

The thing that gets me was how silent the arena is. And that’s before they started having attendance problems.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The thing that gets me was how silent the arena is. And that’s before they started having attendance problems.

The silence is embarrassing. I have a soft spot for Brian Christopher and he was once over for his place on the card, but it seemed like no one knew who he was or at the very least cared. Him doing the Too Cool dance to the silence of thousands of people is... not good.

when i found out my dad was not string. my dad was lying to me for years that he was sting.

I'm guessing that your father is Jeff Farmer.

Definitely a gimmick with a limited lifespan, but one of the most memorable segments I got to attend live:

Edit: other video edited out the Rock's surprise entrance

I think that Eugene could have been an alright gimmick in terms of lifespan if they just let him say that he was faking it. Of course it's in poor taste but nothing so far out of the ordinary in wrestling. They also could have very slowly phased it out as with Rick Steiner I guess.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The silence is embarrassing. I have a soft spot for Brian Christopher and he was once over for his place on the card, but it seemed like no one knew who he was or at the very least cared. Him doing the Too Cool dance to the silence of thousands of people is... not good.

I'm guessing that your father is Jeff Farmer.

I think that Eugene could have been an alright gimmick in terms of lifespan if they just let him say that he was faking it. Of course it's in poor taste but nothing so far out of the ordinary in wrestling. They also could have very slowly phased it out as with Rick Steiner I guess.
I thought the work he did was good once you got past him being completely out of breath, I liked the segment when it took place.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Embarassing was JR being fired by the entire McMahon family.

Sad? Probably Mick Foley at 1999 Royal Rumble. With the documentary crew filming too. You can hear Rock say several times "Is he ok"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad