Most complete team in the NHL?

RapidFire

Jan 3, 2007
And they had mostly the same players 3 years ago too, which is a testament to their management.

That's my opinion. Make your own grades.

Yeah because a comment I made two and a half years ago right after a heartbreaking loss is totally indicative of my faith in the Rangers.

You're making references to past success AGAIN....

I'd put the Kings around 21-22... They're not perfect. At least I'm being realistic.

bhawks1399*

Blackhawks
Scoring:4/5
Defense:5/5
Goaltending:5/5 (all three goalies have been outstanding)
Determination:4/5? I guess
Coaching: 5/5 future HOF coach
Overall 23/25

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Most of the comments in here are people sarcastically ripping on their own team, which I get, I've been there, but I don't have to do that.

I have confidence in my team right now, and I won't apologize for that. If you don't believe in your own team, nobody is going to do it for you.

Or maybe some of them are just being honest? Removing their homer-vision goggles.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Or maybe some of them are just being honest? Removing their homer-vision goggles.

I'm being honest. I like this team. Ask anyone on HFNYR how willing I am to rip the Rangers when they deserve it.

And no, if I'm being honest we didn't play that good the first 20 games or so. But we're rating talent, not results. If you want results, you could just look at the standings. There's no point in even having the discussion then. I believe in the talent we have.

RapidFire

Jan 3, 2007
It's not the past. The core that won 2 Cups took the ice for the Kings earlier today.

Past - Noun
1. the time or a period of time before the moment of speaking or writing.

"The Kings won with that core in 2012"

2012 = the period of time before the moment of speaking or writing.

Anyways, you're entitled to your 25/25 opinion... but its still wrong... No team is perfect

Captain Mittens*

Past - Noun
1. the time or a period of time before the moment of speaking or writing.

"The Kings won with that core in 2012"

2012 = the period of time before the moment of speaking or writing.

Anyways, you're entitled to your 25/25 opinion... but its still wrong... No team is perfect

The Kings still have most of the 2012 team. They ate missing Mitchell, Penner and Scuderi and to a lesser extent Richardson.
The only player not there from 2014 is Mitchell.

RapidFire

Jan 3, 2007
The Kings still have most of the 2012 team. They ate missing Mitchell, Penner and Scuderi and to a lesser extent Richardson.

The only thing I am really debating is whether the Kingds are 25/25 or not.

Do you think the Kings are 25/25?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The only thing I am really debating is whether the Kingds are 25/25 or not.

Do you think the Kings are 25/25?

It depends on how you see the rating. If you see it as absolute perfection, then no they're not.

But to me, there's not a team in the league even anywhere close to perfection, so that's a given. So 25/25 for me is more so the standard of the best team. Every other team deviates from that standard.

If you win 55 games, you're probably the best team in the league and that's almost exactly two thirds. Two thirds of 25 is about 16.5. Is the best team in league a 16.5/25 because that's what it is on a scale of perfection.

I don't rate on a scale of perfection because it's so unattainable. For example, if a guy has a 99/99 shot rating in NHL 15, that doesn't mean he scores on every shot. It just means he's the best.

RapidFire

Jan 3, 2007
It depends on how you see the rating. If you see it as absolute perfection, then no they're not.

But to me, there's not a team in the league even anywhere close to perfection, so that's a given. So 25/25 for me is more so the standard of the best team. Every other team deviates from that standard.

If you win 55 games, you're probably the best team in the league and that's almost exactly two thirds. Two thirds of 25 is about 16.5. Is the best team in league a 16.5/25 because that's what it is on a scale of perfection.

I don't rate on a scale of perfection because it's so unattainable. For example, if a guy has a 99/99 shot rating in NHL 15, that doesn't mean he scores on every shot. It just means he's the best.

Ok if you're putting them as 25/25 as the rating for the best team then its different, but I don't think the OP wasn't asking for that type of rating.

I would put the Hawks as #1 with the Kings 2nd. So I guess the Kings would be like 23-24/25 in your rating system.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Personally I would give the Hawks 25 as well. All that separated them last year was a fluke goal in overtime of game 7. I think they're the two best and then everyone else. But that's just me.

Captain Mittens*

I'm being honest. I like this team. Ask anyone on HFNYR how willing I am to rip the Rangers when they deserve it.

And no, if I'm being honest we didn't play that good the first 20 games or so. But we're rating talent, not results. If you want results, you could just look at the standings. There's no point in even having the discussion then. I believe in the talent we have.

I will vouch for Machinehead. He isn't a Homer. I think he is very fair

RapidFire

Jan 3, 2007
Personally I would give the Hawks 25 as well. All that separated them last year was a fluke goal in overtime of game 7. I think they're the two best and then everyone else. But that's just me.

No they're absolutely the 2 best. I just wonder if all those long playoff runs they'd have recently will impact them negatively with being worn out this playoffs

MillarWithASave

#CatsAreComing
Dec 12, 2011
Melbourne, FL
Florida Panthers
Scoring: 2.5/5
Defense: 4/5
Goaltending: 5/5 (Luongo and Montoya have played lights out)
Determination : 3.5/5
Coaching: 4/5
Overall 19/25

Church of Toews*

You forgot they're missing Richards as well :sarcasm:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Really?

I'll give you right now that would be close to our rankings but over the whole season? Come on.

I'd consider us above average offensively but not amazing, below average with goaltending and defense and the determination thing I took as mental toughness which I think is a weakness for this team.

Coaching could be a 3/5 though, but the powerplay and a few other roster decisions have me questioning Willie.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Devils

Scoring - 0.5/5
Defense - 2.5/5
Goaltending - 3.5/5
Determination - 1/5
Coaching - 0/5

Total - 7/25

skiba77777

Jun 24, 2013
The defending Cup champions question it.

On a serious and more mature note, the Cup goes through the 2 most complete teams in the league in the Kings and the Hawks.

The coin flip of last year's OT game 7 is pretty meaningless. Clearly the Hawks are better as of right now.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Habs

Scoring - 4/5
Defense - 2/5
Goaltending - 5/5 (Carey Price...)
Determination - 3/5
Coaching - 3/5

Total: 17/25

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
"Determination" for what? Stupid metric and impossible to quantify.

Blackhawks are the most complete team.

85% of the games in which the other team score first... the Isles have won. Never lost going to extra time either. I would say they are resilient, So yea, very possible to quantify.

I would say the Hawks, and maybe even the Pens.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: