Most boring 1st round series so far?

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Dallas vs. Nashville has been a snoozefest. Boston and Toronto has lacked lacked a lot of intensity since game 2. Avs vs. Flames is one of the more exciting series to watch, just the sheer number of shots Colorado is putting up is insane and Smith playing out of this world but Flames just falling apart lmao, enjoyable.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
<Snip> So many shots and good scoring chances, speed, and good goaltending.
I agree with the above.
This series has been great to watch as a semi-neutral fan.

I still don’t like MacKinnon and Landeskog (great players but giant assholes) but my team is not playing them so it’s okay :)

The goaltending and pace of play has been incredible.

Lots of poopy goals in the Knights/Sharks series in comparison

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
NYI and Pit; no fault of the Islanders.

Once the Islanders went up 2-0 if the Penguins didn’t win a convincing game 3 at home, which they didn’t, series was over.

Kudos to NYI.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
The TBL-CBJ series was boring for the exact opposite reason I expected. NYI-PIT was a bit of the same. There was so little drama because nothing was ever close.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Rude reply. All he said was it isnt what it was. I agree with him, im not gonna stop watching hockey thought. I think the playoffs have become soft. I remember when I was 13 or 14 the series the Flyers and Leafs had.... oh my that was playoff hockey. Hits hits and more hits. The toughest survived lol.

Nah, it wasn't rude at all. Stop watching if you're bored with it because if Playoff hockey doesn't entertain you then nothing from the sport will.

Or you know, just go on internet forums to act like the cool kid from the golden days of hockey.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
None are boring. I did think Leafs/Bruins was going to blow everyone away but it's been more middle of the pack.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
Dallas/Nashville and Calgary/Colorado. I just have no investment at all in any of these teams and dont find the brand of hockey being played entertaining. Although, i did watch the Colorado last night and it was more exciting than past games so...i dunno.

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
I find Winnipeg series the most boring – simply because every game they play happened right after CBJ and NYI.

Drakkar

Apr 8, 2004
Irvine, CA
NYI/PIT has been the worse for me, followed by CAR/WAS and NAS/DAL

The most exciting has been COL/CGY (crazy pace & Smith has been unbelievable) and WPG/STL

Drakkar

Apr 8, 2004
Irvine, CA
After thinking about it a little more... from most entertaining to least (Keep in mind, they are all good, so it's tough!)

Top tier
Calgary vs Colorado: Pace has been amazing, goaltenders too. Late-period comebacks & OT
San Jose - Vegas: Lots of goals & animosity

Middle tier
Winnipeg - St. Louis
Boston - Toronto
Tampa Bay - Columbus
Nashville-Dallas

Lower tier
Washington - Carolina
NY Islanders - Pittsburgh - Still a good series, the Islanders played hard, but the Pens couldn't bring it this year

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
People find the Blues-Jets boring????? Seriously????
Boring? I wouldn’t necessarily say that but it’s definitely being played at a slower, more plodding and methodical pace.

After watching the entire CAR-WSH game tonight and then switching to the blues-jets game in their second period, the game seemed to be in slow motion in comparison.

Butchie91

Aug 11, 2010
Brooklyn NY
The Islanders style is trap/stifling defence so compared to the rest of the series it is indeed the least entertaining to watch. Goals come in very shot spurts and a majority of the game is in the neutral zone and outside the scoring areas.

No other series has a team playing that style so that would explain why it is the least exciting by a fair margin.

Boston and Toronto have also been boring for stretches so I'd put them 3rd behind the Dallas / Nashville series in 2nd.
They are not TRAPPING, they FORECHECKING. And they do it with speed and tenacity. Trapping (See Devils 1995) slows down the game. Islanders-Pens games were fast paced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad