Value of: Morgan Reilly

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
If he legit wants 8m, he ain't worth much. I doubt he's looking for that kind of money in a flat cap.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
He’s a pretty much a leaf lifer - will resign next offseason then potentially cup chase/retire out west after, who knows

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
We are not a team that trades to get worse for picks.

His current contract represents incredible value.

We are not likely to risk ruining Sandin by rushing him to the top four.

Without knowing the outcome of the playoffs you are missing too much critical information to make an intelligent prediction on Reilly's status. What if we win the Cup and he is playoff MVP? how do you trade him for picks then?

I'm not joining Playoff Tank Nation and I wager neither will Dubas, but if you ignore everything we know about the TMLs this is a great idea.......

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Replacing him is going to be tough should u move him 50 point top 4 D dont grow on tree,s

Last edited:

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
My bad ,but still the point stands lol
I was being a sarcastic ass don't worry. However, I do believe that the Leafs will not reach true cup contender status until they improve upon their #1 dman because Rielly just isn't good enough offensively to offset how bad he is defensively. Brodie is a great #2, Muzzin a great #3, Holl a #4, and Dermott a #4/5 with Sandin and Lily about to crack the lineup as regulars next season. We need to improve on our #1 and I would take the chance of Dermott or Sandin being that while we also get some great assets for Rielly from a trade while he is on the last year of his contract.

Reactions: topshelf15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad