News Article: Morgan: Q&A with Xavier Gutierrez

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I wasn’t thrilled with his answer about if ownership is committed to Arizona still. It was like “well we have to be licensed in Arizona to be involved in sports gambling so fans should consider that.”

Why not just vehemently commit if you are?

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I wasn’t thrilled with his answer about if ownership is committed to Arizona

I thought he said several positive things indicating they want to stay, such as:

"...I feel really good about this community."

"One of the things I have been so overwhelmed by has been the rabid passion of Coyotes fans. This is a hockey town."

"The Canadian community here is quite strong and I think it is a great asset for us to leverage more."

Arena Solution: "here (Gila River Arena) is one of the options. We have been in conversations with the City of Glendale"

And regarding the Coyotes staying, he said the three-leg solution was on track:
1. New media rights deal
2. Sports betting
3. Arena solution in the works.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I had to cringe a little bit, when he insinuated it was hard living not having curtains.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Something tells me that Xavier has the kind of money where he lives in a neighbourhood where the neighbours bitch about sheets on windows.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Something tells me that Xavier has the kind of money where he lives in a neighbourhood where the neighbours bitch about sheets on windows.
Oh, I believe we've established that (I mean we've seen the home, those who had subscriptions to craig). Paradise Valley town. IIRC I posted a link to it on Zillow. But now it'll be in back of my mind "you have a gazillion dollars, how hard is it to keep a room in your house from roasting?"

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Oh, I believe we've established that (I mean we've seen the home, those who had subscriptions to craig). Paradise Valley town. IIRC I posted a link to it on Zillow. But now it'll be in back of my mind "you have a gazillion dollars, how hard is it to keep a room in your house from roasting?"
There are no stores within a hundred miles that sell things like tools, hardware, curtains, etc. And it's too bad no one has figured out how to do this internet thing and just sell it online. But then you'd need a company that would deliver these things. Too bad he lives in 1820s Arizona.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Old Man

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012

You mean he's so poor that he has neighbors close enough to see his windows? Sheesh...how disappointing.

Reactions: GiveAFlyingPuck

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Now I know what to get Xavier for Christmas. Gift card to blinds.com

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
Most of the millionaires I know are the most frugal people. Coffee Tim Hortons or bring it from home. Refuse to pay over 2 fricking dollars for a coffee. I am like really lol

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Sometimes one gets caught up in an "any day now" trap where one waits day after day for a delayed delivery. Or perhaps his wife didn't want anything put up until the good stuff arrived. Or perhaps he really is that f***ing stupid.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I can live without a million dollars but not without coffee. YMMV.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad