Player Discussion Morgan Geekie

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I loved the signing when it happened and I love it even more now. @DKH can vouch on how I had to convince him Geekie was an excellent signing.

Reactions: Kegs

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
Yall still happy they signed this scrub expecting him to be a playoff performer?
4th line winger on a bottom feeder to 1C on a playoff team? He certainly hasn’t been set up to succeed but all things considered he’s performed above any and all expectations. While I wish we were getting more from him he’s probably one of the last guys on the team I’d expect more of.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
4th line winger on a bottom feeder to 1C on a playoff team? He certainly hasn’t been set up to succeed but all things considered he’s performed above any and all expectations. While I wish we were getting more from him he’s probably one of the last guys on the team I’d expect more of.
4 mil is a lot for a 4th liner that has zero clutch ability in the playoffs. We have a plethora of bottom sixers that might cost half of that. Regular season stats don’t mean anything if your production goes to hell once it matters. He may be able to get points on the 3rd line 2nd pp during the RS but he’s just a body out there doing less than nothing.

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
4 mil is a lot for a 4th liner that has zero clutch ability in the playoffs. We have a plethora of bottom sixers that might cost half of that. Regular season stats don’t mean anything if your production goes to hell once it matters. He may be able to get points on the 3rd line 2nd pp during the RS but he’s just a body out there doing less than nothing.
$4M total, $2M per year. $4M I’d agree with you but at $2M I think he’s doing his job well enough.

Highlights how badly the team needs a real top 6 center though.

Reactions: CDJ

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
$4M total, $2M per year. $4M I’d agree with you but at $2M I think he’s doing his job well enough.

Highlights how badly the team needs a real top 6 center though.
That’s better for sure but I don’t think he’s earned a single dollar this series. You can say that about most of the team though. He was just billed as a guy that would be a clutch playoff add and he seems more like a playoff dud.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
That’s better for sure but I don’t think he’s earned a single dollar this series. You can say that about most of the team though. He was just billed as a guy that would be a clutch playoff add and he seems more like a playoff dud.
He should work in a meat shop he is an absolute butcher.Imagine pinning Pasta with him..

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Would be a very good 3rd liner or 4th liner in a perfect world, but thrust into top line duty where he just isn't god enough. I can't necessarily be mad at him for that, as much as I'd want more. I'm not disappointed in the way I'm disappointed in Zacha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad